Horrible Movies

This is the thread to put movies you have recently seen and want to save others from having the horrible mistake you did. PLEASE dont spam the board with cheezy B movies, I would rather this forum be for movies most people would have the opportunity to see, so lets say no movie past the 70's please. I will go first.

V For Vendetta.... If I had not sneaked into the movie and saw it for free i would have asked for my money back, It was like watching the news...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was called House Of The Dead & there is the sequel to the movie House Of The Dead 2.

It was so bad of a horror movie that it actually made debut in the comedy section of reviews - Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Some knock off movie, just about a year ago came out which had a blade look alike in it, the special effects were so bad in it that the cut scenes from one part of the story line to another used comic book style cuts.

Then one movie that is a personal pet peeve for myself, Highlander 2. I can't understand what it has to do with the series - it was sooo bad since it didn't really make much sense. Sorry - a bit of a highlander fan here.

I think really that does it for me, for the time being I mean I can come up with more but thats just off the top of my head.

Crappy horror movies are one thing... they can make up for a lot in pure amusement if nothing else... if it is silly enough.

But what I can't stand is the mediocre... movies I like are ones that either triumph completly or fail so miserably that the wreck it causes is, in and of itself... brilliance.

The movie Titanic is a good example of a mediocre movie that I dispise.... It's not good enough for me to like at all but it's not rediculous enough for me to get amused by... it is simply an insulting waste of time.

A movie that is so bad that it's actually kind of good is IMO, Lucci Fulco's (sp) ZOMBIE.... c'mon shark vs. zombie combat... fuck yeah

I just watched "Snakes on a Plane". OMG - My husband and I thought it was horrible. Of course the critics said so, but we like to judge for ourselves. I was kinda surprised to see the rottontomatoes.com gang liked it for the most part - called it campy fun that didn't take itself seriously. I disagree.

I thought "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" was horrible. Like, it kept building things up to what seemed like would be a fantastic punchline - then wha? No payoff.

Sigh. Jon and I both like Will Ferrell a lot. But gads, is he making some HORRIBLY UNFUNNY comedies. We keep renting them, and keep getting disappointed. "Talledega Nights" was so bad, he wanted to stop watching. I fast-forwarded through the DVD at 16x speed, and finally gave up.

The Avengers movie was so bad, I didn't get past the first 15 minutes or so. Boring.

Personally, I liked Titanic. But then again, I've long been fascinated with all things Titanic, so I loved feeling like I was actually on the ship with all the reconstructions, etc. And I think it STRONGLY borders on chick flick territory, so I could see how many, many men wouldn't like it at all.

Other movies that I can't stand:

Robinhood... the Kevin Costnar one... He couldn't even talk with a British FUCKING ACCENT!!! it was like some tourist lost at the renfest....

Forest Gump.... Great message, if your stupid but good.... it's ok...

Dungeons and Dragons... I kept hoping that all of the characters would die a lot

It takes A LOT for me to hate a movie since I can usually find at least one part I like, then there are those that I hate to love because they were good, but I still hate them for it because of the message it sends or the way it made me feel.

Requiem for a Dream (good movie but depressed the shit out of me)

Halloween III (what the hell did this one have to do with the rest of the series?)

The Matrix: Revolutions (lets use it to promote our religious views)

Idiot and Douchebag go to White Castle (I didn't see it just because it had product placement in the title)

Doctor Who and the Daleks and The Dalek's Invasion of Earth (the ones with Peter Cushing as the doctor, but not because of that)

The Day After Tomorrow (is when I'll start liking this movie)

Star Wars - Episode I (Jar Jar ruined it for everyone,, also the dual light saber and the flying R2D2 since technology should have gone backwards and not forwards). Episode III was alright except for Vader "DO NOT WANT!"

Alien vs. Predator (you'd think at the end they'd have done a bioscan to check for alien infestation in the body)

Terminator III (II was enough, sure this tied everything together but, alright whatever, casket full of guns and the cemetery scene were awesome).

2001 (ALWAYS TAKE YOUR HELMET INTO THE POD, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU DAVE? (other than that though, awesome))

1984 (the ending was good, yet I hated the meaning behind it)

I-Robot (apparently professor smartass has never heard of a firmware upgrade? Also it's now 7 laws http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/SOS/Asimov.html)

ZardoZ (not wanting to live forever anymore? INSANITY!)

95% of all remakes...

INCLUDING

Texas Chainsaw Massacare (Why mess with perfection?)

Amityville Horror (No comment)

The Oman (Why mess with perfection? part 2)

Psycho (Why????)

Independance Day (Pretty much a remake of all alien invasion movies from 1950 on...)

Wickerman (An amazing film made not good)

The Vanishing (Check the Europian one.... OMG it is dark... the American one sucks donkey)

The Grudge (Yeah... a lot better in Nihon)

How many times are they going to remake Invasion of the Bodysnatchers??? sheesh

War of the Worlds (Visually yay!!! but again.... why?)

There are a few good ones...

John Carptenters - The Thing

Cronenburg's - The Fly

Dawn of the Dead remake... not really an improvement but not a ruined one either...

Phee, have you seen the adverts for the new Kidman movie The invasion... made me sick just watching it and listening to the kids in the theator chattering about it like it was something new...

I know... that is the 4th one I think... a friend of mine saw it and said it was more of the same... but really they just remove the end of the title and all of a sudden it's new? I honestly liked the second remake (The one with Donald Sutherland and Jeff Goldblum)... But enough!

Showgirls

Pretty Woman

There are many.

...Phee seriously. You gotta stop stealing the words outta my mouth :laugh:

WELL I guess since he stole my first two...I would also have to suggest the other shitty movie made by the same shitty actor/actress combo: Runaway Bride

My friends MADE me go see it (hence the reason I don't generally hang out with much vagina anymore) because they were having a girl fit due to the fact that they "were too scared to go see Blair Witch Project" when we were all in 9th grade. Needless to say I was constantly seconds away from impaling myself in the eyeball with my Lick 'Em Stick during the entire course of the "movie" (yes those quotes were on purpose). The bitches I was with loved the whole fucking thing, which made my stomach churn and almost caused me to chunk my popcorn all up on the happy girlfriend and miserable boyfriend duo sitting in front of me. The movie was so bad that I sat in the theatre questioning if there was even a God for two hours of my life. Two hours, that might I add, which I will never ever be able to get back for as long as I live.

Almost reminds me of when I had to watch Titanic 8 times in 7th grade, and the first time we saw it (on opening night, the theatre was fucking packed and I had to sit on the floor 'cause I was the fat and unpopular girl) I spent the whole night after the movie consoling a whole bunch of crying prepubescent girls saying "It's okay...it's okay...it was only a movie. Only a movie dears, Leonardo DiCaprio is not really dead." If Leo wasn't in it I probably would never have made it all the way through the movie the first time (yeah yeah I was 12 years old once and thought he was the hottest thing ever put on the earth at the time).

Then I spent most of my highschool years after that hanging out exclusively with boys and haven't seen a bad movie since :laugh:

Vanilla Sky... Same issue... I remember a lot of people I know saying: "Oh this is a movie that Phee will love!!!" ... yeah

Dude....ridiculous. I was so seriously two seconds away from editing my other post that I just made and adding Vanilla Sky, not only for my hate for Tom Cruise (I hate him so much it keeps me up at night thinking about it), but it was a shitty movie with a shitty ending. They hyped it up like it was going to be this huge thing...but yeah total let down.

Damn...we hate the same movies...we should have a movie night. :laugh:

Dude....ridiculous. I was so seriously two seconds away from editing my other post that I just made and adding Vanilla Sky, not only for my hate for Tom Cruise (I hate him so much it keeps me up at night thinking about it), but it was a shitty movie with a shitty ending. They hyped it up like it was going to be this huge thing...but yeah total let down.

Damn...we hate the same movies...we should have a movie night. :laugh:

Sounds like a good idea...

And yeah, Pretty Woman... so many teeny bopper gum chewing thundercunts liked that movie... And what message did that movie have? That if you are a slut... but a good slut with a heart of gold... then some rich dude will take care of you. If you think about it, it seems that a lot of people must have watched this movie, it would explain a lot of what's going on in our culture.

As an aside, I actually read the original script for that movie before it went through the Holiwood machine... It is like 80% different and very depressing. The Julia Roberts character is actually a heroin addict and Richard Gere is actually an abusive sadistic fuck... and yeah they love each other in the end because they both feed each others addictions, her drugs and his sadism... and in the end she overdosed. Pretty sweet eh?

Wish I could remember the name of the movie I saw earlier this year in the theater. It was so bad that I walked out half way through it. Seemed to be stuck in one house where a wanderer met this chic at a bar, ended up staying with her, and came into this drug problem where he kept thinking flies were around and put up sheets of plastic and fly catchers all around. He eventually got the chic he stayed with as paranoid as him. It was a really boring movie as it tended to stay in the same house through most of the movie.

Archived