That would be awesome.

So - in my sweetest, most sincere voice, "Please?" <--bats eyelashes demurely

I can't wait to see what you think of the show.

I bet you'll love it!

It's just a masterpiece of entertainment. I only wish there were more.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to see what you think of the show.

I bet you'll love it!

It's just a masterpiece of entertainment. I only wish there were more.

It was amazing... it burned out instead of faded away

From the Wikipedia entry:

Firefly premiered in the United States and Canada on the FOX network on September 20, 2002. It was cancelled after only eleven of the fourteen produced episodes were aired... The post-airing success of the show led Whedon and Universal Pictures to produce a film based on the series, titled Serenity after the fictional "Firefly" class spaceship featured in the show.[3]

Alrighty. So, 11 episodes and it has this much of a following?

So, did the last 3 episodes ever make it to any sort of viewable?

And who is going to provide me a copy of the movie after I've seen Marc's TV episodes?

Let me see. September, 2002. I was 7 months into the hell that was living in NC, and at that point still had cable, so I was probably not watching any network.

Sigh. And others are telling me I gotta see Battlestar Gallactica from the first episode to the last.

<-- looks around at the cave she's obviously been living in while all the cool TV shows were on

From the Wikipedia entry:

Alrighty. So, 11 episodes and it has this much of a following?

So, did the last 3 episodes ever make it to any sort of viewable?

And who is going to provide me a copy of the movie after I've seen Marc's TV episodes?

Let me see. September, 2002. I was 7 months into the hell that was living in NC, and at that point still had cable, so I was probably not watching any network.

Sigh. And others are telling me I gotta see Battlestar Gallactica from the first episode to the last.

Yeah all the episodes are available on DVD and the whole set really is DIIIIIIIIRT cheap just to buy. Usually i get stuff off netflix and copy it. But Firefily is so cheap off amazon i just bought it and the box is pretty hah. Its great. It developed a gigantic following after it was canceled. I have all 3 off the Joss Wedon firefly "behind the scenes" books as well. Yes im a geek. This is definetly not one to miss.

There is a love/hate thing with Battlestarr I could go into the (i think irrational reasons a FEW people dont like it but i wont) It also KICKS ASS. Probably the best "modern" sci fi show. Really it could just be consididered a kick ass drama, that just happens to have a sci fi setting.

Other ass-kicking shows (often they dont get the proper "feel" without watching them on DVD , in order) are Rome (probably my "current" favorite show) and Deadwood.

Rome is one you can watch like 50 times as there are lots and LOTS of little things in it not possible go grasp the first time through. Were others, while awesome, after 2-3 viewings you pretty much "get it" all.

River?

Hell no. Psycho child baby that could go nuts at any moment are become violent? Yeah thats what i need lol.

Shes a cool character in the show but as far as a "dream girl" hell no.

Shes exactly what you DONT want.

Hell i'd go gay and Simon, Wash, Mal or Jayne before river. (and probably in that order)

Even though i guess my favorite guy overall is Mal. Not just becaue of his presense on the show but hes by far the best "off screen" Firefly guy. Should read some of the stuff he writes.

I'd also suggest getting the comic book. It bridges the gap between the last TV episode and the movie.

hmm..maybe we should just have a cast and DGN orgy?!? and yes, the cast has to be in costume.. or the DGNers should be in THEIR costumes.. o0o0 maybe we should all pick a character and dress like that for halloween?

oh god.. i'm such a nerd.. *shakes head* :unsure:

Don't they read right to left in Korea? Maybe that's what she meant.

I'm still doin River. That is all.

*way correct the posts my all reposts and back runs* ?!?!?! wrong doing I'm what that is !crap oh

My excuse is English is my second language..and i can't remember my first.. hehe I can see the River thing.. i mean what that woman can do to contort her body..and her fighting is more like a symphany.. hey wait a min..isn't she like really YOUNG? you perv!

*way correct the posts my all reposts and back runs* ?!?!?! wrong doing I'm what that is !crap oh

My excuse is English is my second language..and i can't remember my first.. hehe I can see the River thing.. i mean what that woman can do to contort her body..and her fighting is more like a symphany.. hey wait a min..isn't she like really YOUNG? you perv!

If she's old enough to kill people... she's old enough for anything else.

Besides... Age differences are bullshit. As long as two people are in a compatible place in terms of life events and desires... who cares?

If she's old enough to kill people... she's old enough for anything else.

Besides... Age differences are bullshit. As long as two people are in a compatible place in terms of life events and desires... who cares?

actually I didn't mean that as an age thing..I got the impression that they (the creators) wanted her to be a much younger character..like slighty under 18-ish..even though she looks older.. but i have no clue to your age *blush* so i wasn't age discriminating or bashing :/ but then again this is the future, perhaps there is no age limit kids these days are growing up MUCH faster.. *blinks*

actually I didn't mean that as an age thing..I got the impression that they (the creators) wanted her to be a much younger character..like slighty under 18-ish..even though she looks older.. but i have no clue to your age *blush* so i wasn't age discriminating or bashing :/ but then again this is the future, perhaps there is no age limit kids these days are growing up MUCH faster.. *blinks*

Yeah, also I got the impression from a couple of episodes that River is around 16 years old (but that's legal in Michigan, eh)?. I don't think they ever really said her exact age though.

(but what can I say - my sweetie is much younger than I am and I adore him). ;)

and Hunhee - your photo is so damn cute. You look like a little goth dolly. You need a gallery on here.