Now Reading... (or Recently Finished)

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so excited! My sis gave me a 50 bucks (wooo hooo!) (rich bitch heh) Gift card for Borders! I got that HUGE book on Mythology on sale for 20 bucks! Did you know there really is a legend (Celtic) about a magic ring???? I love this book! So many new dieties to invoke......

And of coarse, Llewelyns magical almanac which I would have bought myself anyway.....and a book on Hatha yoga that is more my pace.

I am a happy camper.

Alternating between:

Ballad of the Whiskey Robber: A True Story of Bank Heists, Ice Hockey, Transylvanian Pelt Smuggling, Moonlighting Detectives, and Broken Hearts - Julian Rubinstein

and re-reading

Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson

UNDYING LOVE........................

amazing story of Carl Von Cosel , who works at a hospital in Key West Florida and falls madly in love, with a ill fated Elana who has TB..She dies, and he basically lives with the corpse for 7 years..........................

LOVE the book! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw a show on this on Cable... they called it a sex crime....

I felt ill, yet could not stop watching when they described how and what he was up to..

just read the new Anne Rice novel about Jesus as a child in Egypt and Nazareth. I enjoyed it quite a bit, liked how she wove basic human qualities and struggles into the engima that christ has become. made a person out of him. gave me reason to ponder.....

by the way its not a psuedo christian prosceletyzing vehicle.

its just a book, just a story. pretty basic too. She did not go into long page after page descriptions to set up her scenes, something I was pretty thankful for. She stuck to the family relationships and human condition instead.

right now i'm reading "high fidelity" by nick hornby

dante's inferno and the davinci code are on my must read list right now

does anyone know any good books that are kind of like the movie requiem for a dream? drug-related/centered i guess...

i'm trying hopelessly to avoid any form of love story at all costs. love stories are the suck. they're either terribly depressing, totally unrealistically fairy-tale like, or just stupid. and it seems almost everything has a love story in it. blegh.

right now i'm reading "high fidelity" by nick hornby

dante's inferno and the davinci code are on my must read list right now

does anyone know any good books that are kind of like the movie requiem for a dream?  drug-related/centered i guess...

i'm trying hopelessly to avoid any form of love story at all costs.  love stories are the suck.  they're either terribly depressing, totally unrealistically fairy-tale like, or just stupid.  and it seems almost everything has a love story in it.  blegh.

You could read Naked Lunch, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Or the Book that Requiem for a Dream was based on...

I would also recommend "The Alienest" by Caleb Carr if you wish to be thoughrouly disturbed

You could read Naked Lunch, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Or the Book that Requiem for a Dream was based on...

I would also recommend "The Alienest" by Caleb Carr if you wish to be thoughrouly disturbed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fuck yeah on the Naked lunch.........

Here's one ILLUSIONS