Hollywood Transplant, New To Michigan

I'm liking Michigan more and more each day. Looks like we might be heading to Detroit on Saturday for a couple of meetings, including a fetish photographer who wants to schedule a shoot with me. I'd also like to check out Mephistos.

Thank you to everybody who sent me PM's to invite me and suggest places. Great community here. I did however receive one warning about City Club and wish to get everybody's opinions here. The person who is transgender claimed to have been treated extremely rudely by the staff. Has anybody else here had a similar experience or have things changed in the past few months?

As an event promoter myself, I always make it a point to brief the event staff that club guests are to be treated with complete courtesy, regardless of their race, dress, gender or any other orientation.

The staff at City can be a bit surly. You may get what you ask for, or not. Give it a try and see what happens but be prepared to find other venues. I've never had a problem there but I don't bring drama with me and I stay away from it in general. Good luck!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Vena and I just moved to Battle Creek Michigan from Hollywood. I'll be living here for 6 months so I'm trying to network with as many open minded people who can accept a gurl like me.

In Los Angeles I have been (and will continue to) promote large events like Bondage Ball (www.bondageball.com), Kink (www.bondageball.com/kink), and Fetish Disco (www.fetishdisco.com). I was also the resident go go dancer at Club Hell (www.industry-la.com), Party Monster, all the Liquid City events, and some industry parties that I was hired to dance at. I also did some stuff at Bar Sinister (www.barsinister.net) and Miss Kittys (www.misskittysparlour.com). I also do some fetish modeling and have a website at www.madaboutvena.com

I'd love to hear back from like minded locals and maybe get some tips about the scene here. I'm finding out that Battle Creek is not exactly the Goth hotbed, but I plan on traveling to Detroit or nearby cities for clubs and events. Thanks.

I used to live in San Francisco, and I'll have to say, Battle Creek is just about the worst place to live, ever.

What brings you to Battle Creek anyway? If I lived in Hollywood (which I lived in Fullerton, CA for a short while so I know the places you speak of), I would never leave, especially for Battle Creek.

However, if you ever need someone in the area to hang out with, I'd love to, because I have no real like-minded friends here anymore, everyone has moved away.

I used to have quite a few connections concerning fetish events and photography (my avatar pic is a modeling shot). Heck, my last b'day party in February was a fetish event. Ever since I started working on my MBA though I've become a hermit and don't know anything about anything anymore. Still though, ask me anything and I'll see what I can dig up for you.

Oh, and for both Vena and Ra: Why Battle Creek? What the hell brought you to Michigan from Cali anyway? I'm hoping to go the opposite direction and move to San Diego by next summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again everybody,

It's been a while since I last checked in here and I'm blown away by the wonderful responses. Thank you, thank you everybody! Those warm and fuzzy feelings haven't gone away... hee hee

The past few weeks have been busy. Between unpacking, organizing, getting settled, photoshoot, and all those other things like fighting with the post office, I haven't had much of a chance to do much. I've gone out twice, both times to Mephistos and had a great time. In fact, after my first time there, I got signed up by Chaos and performed at my second visit.

Yes I still live in Battle Creek, but it's not a permanent thing as I'm expecting to move in about 5-6 months. In the meantime, I'll have my stuff in Battle Creek, but I plan on doing a lot of traveling. Detroit for Chaos at least once a month, Hollywood at least every other month for my events, and various other cities for bookings every few months. And to answer the question of why I moved to Battle Creek, well... I wanted to take a break from the madness of Hollywood and I already had connections in Battle Creek. It was never meant to be permanent move and when I move in 5-6 months, it's going to be as planned.

Yes, I do plan on checking out City Club when I get a chance. I really hope to run into most of you when I do. Thanks again for the warm welcome everybody.

PS: Ra, send me a PM and maybe we'll meet up.

Now that you have seen the biggest items in the midwest, you can see the biggest rubber tire that is just outside Detroit on I-94, and as well the worlds biggest falic symbol located in the heart of Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti lol.

As for Battle Creek, bleh.

OMG!!!! I saw that tire and even took a picture of it! It's in my blog about the World's Biggest Useless Items on my roadtrip. OK, now the world's biggest falic symbol needs some explanation....

Now that you have seen the biggest items in the midwest, you can see the biggest rubber tire that is just outside Detroit on I-94, and as well the worlds biggest falic symbol located in the heart of Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti lol.

As for Battle Creek, bleh.

OMG!!!! I saw that tire and even took a picture of it! It's in my blog about the World's Biggest Useless Items on my roadtrip. OK, now the world's biggest falic symbol needs some explanation....

Its the water tower in Ypsilanti located on the cross streets of Washtenaw and Cross St. If you see the shape, you will know what I mean.

Archived