Horror films old & new

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen, that remake of the original dawn of the dead with daigo argento or something or another? I've seen it @ best buy, and I wanna know if its good like the original with romero by himself and the original music and comedy bits in it. I know it called dawn of the dead zombi. Oh and can somebody get me a copy of event horizon for under 10 on dvd?

The original Dawn of The Dead was Directed by George Romero, Produced by Dario Argento, With Music by Goblin... and it kicks ass!

I'm a huge fan of Japanese horror.

ex. Audtion, Ringu, etc.

I've heard good things about a film called Pulse, but I can't locate it.

The Japanese are probably the only ones making good horror these days. The recent American "horror" films I've seen have been pretty bad.

And I cannot believe no one's mentioned Suspiria and its sequel of sorts, Inferno. They're amazing. Check them out if you haven't seen them. They're old (1970's), but still mighty good..

• 3 weeks later...

And I cannot believe no one's mentioned Suspiria and its sequel of sorts, Inferno. They're amazing. Check them out if you haven't seen them. They're old (1970's), but still mighty good..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, you beat me, by almost a month, to that...I was going to mention Suspiria. Hell yes.

Some people (not sure whom) consider Battle Royale a horror film, so, if you're of THAT frame of mind, then I'll have to say that's my favorite, though I personally don't consider it horror.

Fallen? or is that more of suspense? probably.

Black Christmas...the opening scene of that movie STILL scares the everloving shit out of me.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by The Grudge...I had thought it was going to suck, but I really liked it.

Invasion of the body snatchers, both versions. You could argue that it's more sci-fi, but the plot is enough to warrant 'horror'

And I LOVE the classics....Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, great stuff.

Though nothing will ever top Psycho....I even loved the remake.

I like to be scared and not sick when I watch a "scary" movie which is why I don't like slasher movies. Good scary movies like the Fog, Poltergiest, Amityville Horror, The Shining are great and some of my favorite movies. The movies I just mentioned have scary soundtracks which enhances, brings out that scary experiance.

Edited by DarkVampire

• 1 month later...

Ok I just saw a sleeper named Creep WOW did I get the creeps from it! I have never gotten them from a flick I mean not in years anyway.

If you can get hold of it I think it was really fun. the lead actress is the star from Run Lola Run who I think is awesome. Lemm know if you found any great ones lately

My current favorite isn't even out yet. I saw it at a horror convention in Pennsylvania last November. It's called "Chainsaw Sally." Highly recommended viewing when it hits DVD in June.You'll never look at a sparkler the same way again.

It's basically about a girl who grew up after watching her parents killed and only had late night horror movies as guidance. Google it and watch the trailer for more of a taste.

You went to a conn? Cool which one? betcha I know..Monster mania???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually it was Genghis Con. Kinda small, but it was pretty cool. Met a lot of cool people: Amy Lynn Best, April & JimmyO Burril, Brinke Stevens, Tom Savini, Herschell Gordon Lewis, and a whole host of others.

I have bet Brinke, Tom, Mr Lewis as well and I agree they can be fun. Are you going to Cherry Hill , NJ for Monster Mania or NY for Chiller Theatre?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I have the time. Unfortunately, that's something I'm gonna be very short on this year. A couple of friends talked me into making a low budget horror movie this summer. I just completed the script, so now we're looking for a cast and scouting locations.

If I have the time.  Unfortunately, that's something I'm gonna be very short on this year.  A couple of friends talked me into making a low budget horror movie this summer.  I just completed the script, so now we're looking for a cast and scouting locations.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like a total blast and a lot of work. If you get hold of him, Bruce Campbell, is always scouting for new talents from MIchigan. Try and get him involved he may help you with your budget..seriously.