• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!! Thanks! I am listening to one of the first songs I was ever sent by dollar Dave like 10 fricken years ago......

I am getting all nastalgic over here.

Yup I am an old goth.

I'm trying really hard to represent the "old" goth sound as much as possible. I think a lot of us (including myself) have lost the ability to appreciate the "rock & roll" sounding stuff that once was the mainstay of the genre. I've been hunting down stuff that i haven't listened to in years, and some stuff that i've never heard before even though its considered "classic". I looked up some ancient playlists for The Batcave in the UK (considered to be sort of "ground zero" for the goth club scene) and there's a few bands that are constantly listed on their that i had not even heard of.

"Specimen" ? Am i supposed to know about this band and just somehow missed the bus? According to several sources this is one of the key bands that was played in the early days of the goth club scene. They have this song called "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" which is great. (several tracks by this band incoming to dgn radio soon as well as a ton more oldschool stuff)

When is the last time the played the freakin CRAMPS or Incubus Succubus at a "goth club" ? heh. Hell i dont know if i even know how to dance to a non "dance" sounding song anymore.

Am I the only one who finds Ramstiens version of 'stripped' kinda funny sounding? hee hee!

Yeah a lot of their stuff seems to have a sort of comic undertone. Their song "America" seems sort of sardonic. Their version of "Barbie" is pretty funny too.

Theres only 5. Just the luck of the draw i think when your listening probably. Something like 24 hours of music now , less than 25 minutes of that is nick cave.

What does blipy mean? Like bad or is that a technical error ? (Nick cave is no question associated with the goth scene if thats what you meant by "whats up" with them)

Red Right Hand and Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow are longtime goth songs in particular. Yeah Nick Cave is in no way "Synthpop" heh.

To oversimplify:

Synthpop: New Order

"Goth": The Cure

EBM: VNV Nation

Industrial: Skinny Puppy

Theres only 5. Just the luck of the draw i think when your listening probably.

What does blipy mean? Like bad or is that a technical error ? (Nick cave is no question associated with the goth scene if thats what you meant by "whats up" with them)

Red Right Hand and Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow are longtime goth songs in particular. Yeah Nick Cave is in no way "Synthpop" heh.

Sorry for being ambiguous, but it's technical. If I was more into sound quality/djing whatev I'd be able to describe it better. "Blips." Maybe "voops." Two tracks just played in pretty close proximity and they both had problems. Almost like a record being scratched.

Sorry for being ambiguous, but it's technical. If I was more into sound quality/djing whatev I'd be able to describe it better. "Blips." Maybe "voops." Two tracks just played in pretty close proximity and they both had problems. Almost like a record being scratched.

Ah ok. No really thanks. Ill go check it out. It might be your net connection thats doing that. All the songs were sort of squelched sounding for me yesterday due to my net connection being spotty.

But it could be a problem with the encoding that i somehow just didnt notice ill go download them off the server and listen to them on my system.

I love this song (once in a lifetime), I'm glad I finally caught it on dgn radio =D

Edit: Blargh!! Now it's stopping the stream after every track so I gotta push "play again!!!!

For all my "constructive" bitching I wish I could actually do something to help :cry

Edited by BrassFusion

I love this song (once in a lifetime), I'm glad I finally caught it on dgn radio =D

Edit: Blargh!! Now it's stopping the stream after every track so I gotta push "play again!!!!

For all my "constructive" bitching I wish I could actually do something to help :cry

Ok i just listened to both of the nick cave tracks all the way through (sounded good) then uploaded the >for sure:unsure:

Oddly, i've only noticed it (today, at least) on the two nick cave tracks... and blue monday's been mistitled, so says the new order anti-fan X)~

Thanks , should be fixed now.

I just noticed the third change to the top bar..

hehe... stop moving it around up there! LoL

You'd be amazed how many hours i've wasted trying to get little dinky graphical elements to look "right". Feel like a mouse on a treadmill except the mouse is actually getting some exersize. :happy:

This radi0 thing kicks wide ass

Yes, I agree.

:D

There seems to be some scrambling of bits of some tracks. Much of this can be attributed to just standard internet speed drops on the listener end but i don't think it all can be.

I know at least when the tracks are selected / normalized / encoded i listen to them at least 2-3 times each to make sure the quality is as good as i can get it. I have found a few tracks that had errors in them on the server. This takes hours and hours before i feel the tracks are good to go for uploading to the station.

I think there must be some occasional problems with the uploading process or perhaps just something to do with the way the tracks are stored.

If your so inclined:

If you hear a song that sounds "squelchy" please post the title of it in this thread so i can check into it.

Also, if a track ends, and the stream stops and doesn't continue until you click on the link again please let me know what track that happened on.

I hate the idea of spending hours and hours setting this up only to have the quality compromised at the last step.

SPIRAL DOES IT AGAIN!

YOu wicked man! Now we all have something to play when we wanna play something to get busy to!!!

So much for hitting repeat on the damn cd player! YEY!

BTW- My man hates u for doing this, he has to put out an awful lot nowadays! Don't ya just feel awful for him.............................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

............Yea I didn't think so! YEY FOR ME!

Rolling Stones + Sympathy For The Devil = Squelch City.

It was yesterday, too.

edit: *cries* once in a lifetime (extended) by wolfsheim is blippy, too, less squelchy. more like it's a skipping cd in some parts with a "squelch" here and there for good measure. or it'll fade quality a little, like sound crisp and then dead for a few seconds and back to crisp. i love that song. =J

Edited by BrassFusion

Rolling Stones + Sympathy For The Devil = Squelch City.

It was yesterday, too.

edit: *cries* once in a lifetime (extended) by wolfsheim is blippy, too, less squelchy. more like it's a skipping cd in some parts with a "squelch" here and there for good measure. or it'll fade quality a little, like sound crisp and then dead for a few seconds and back to crisp. i love that song. =J

I started over from scracth with these tracks and a whole bunch of other suspect files. (only took 3 hours haha)

We'll see how it goes. I've got several ideas as to why this is happening (some of it still is net connection related) but the only way to "test" it is to wait for awhile and wait till they get streamed out in the playlist.

Every time i make a change i have to restart the server so i try to do a bunch of stuff all at once. (Restarting boots everyone off the server and takes awhile before things get back to normal)