Holy Damn I Need to Lose Some Weight - Goal 40

My old system of dealing with being sick for extended periods was to not eat (it wasn't intetonal just a problem I've been dealing with for ages) in the last year or so woo hoo.. that switched to eating instead.

Long story short I'm now fucking fat. I'm concerned honestly more with the fact that FEEL out of shape more than I look it.

So I have to lose 40 pounds, 50 would be better. (I know, ouch).

I know the standard "BMI calculation" isn't that great, and there are a lot of factors involved but its at least a decent ballpark thing for me.

Belive it or not when i was a SCARECROW i weighed 200. (I'm 6'5) according to the BMI thats just within the "normal weight". But I also was working out a lot back then (thus heavy-ish weight wise).

I started seriously about 2 weeks ago with a more reasonable diet , its CRAZY hard to not eat! The just sheer number of calories I suck down is My plan is to weight myself on saturdays (I can't realisticly wiegh myself at the same time every day as my sleep is HORRIFIC and I can't plan around it as well as I'd like)

I'm trying to get my ass back in gear with the working out but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Goal : 40 (50 would be bonus points)

well I'm not a nutritionist or anything but here's what helped me - staying away from soda and fast food. That along with exercise helped me a lot. What you eat really makes a difference. I'm doing landscaping now and I can tell you it's a night and day difference if I eat pizza for dinner the night before work, or if I eat grilled chicken breast with steamed veggies the night before. If I eat pizza, I'll feel like shit the next day. Same with lunch time. Basically just cut out as much bad stuff as you can handle without going nuts.

I know working out can be really hard to get into and keep up with especially if it's been a long time. I'd say work into it slowly, maybe start doing simple things like a few sets of push-ups and sit-ups per day. Go for walks instead of trying to run. Walking can make a huge difference. After a while you'll notice you have more energy to work out and will feel better overall..

I, at one point, weighed 255. I'm 6'1". Now I'm 170 and feeling fucking awesome. Hope this helps :)

The "secret" for me is mostly ... eat less total calories. I don't really eat particulary bad (always room for improvement) but I just eat way to damn much. I'm hungry when I really shouldn't be and even when I'm not hungry I just "want" to eat, like for fun. The on/off depression probably doesn't help.

I'll call this "week one"

Total: (don't look!) 253 (*cough* whale!)

Lost - Zero

Weigh exactly what i did last Saturday. GRRR! (and lol)

My best advice to you is to keep it simple. There is so much in the way of dieting and you should do this or that in this country, it's disgusting. Losing weight doesn't have to be hard. Cut out all the processed shit, eat more veggies/fruits, ditch the soda (even diet soda), drink more water and exercise (cardio and weights).

My best advice to you is to keep it simple. There is so much in the way of dieting and you should do this or that in this country, it's disgusting. Losing weight doesn't have to be hard. Cut out all the processed shit, eat more veggies/fruits, ditch the soda (even diet soda), drink more water and exercise (cardio and weights).

Yup.

• 1 month later...