EPA declares hay is a pollutant.

Well, not really. If you read where this rule that isn't a law but will be enforced as one you will also find out that dust clouds created from plowing will also be considered a fineable offense. So effectually what it does is kill off non mega agriculture, because as we all know the lobbyists will make sure mega agro is exempt. Kind of like the biggest companies are exempt from the obama care fines.

Edited by Vater Araignee

Here is what will likely happen.

They will spot enforce it here and there causing some small stinks.

Once the grumbling goes down they will increase enforcement.

Eventually communities will want to bad together to fight it but their local governments will effectually say "shut up, you let them set president and now it is law."

Fortunately just like the current end runs around the 2nd, it isn't actually law. If people fight it, wile I highly doubt it will go away, I can guarantee it will rear it hear later than sooner.

Now here is why I don't think it will go away.

Libbies will convince themselves that it is in ourearths best interest and there isn't enough other people who understand what this will do to every sector of the economy.

So some people will cry out, it will gain some attention, The EPA will say "Oh this isn't for the little guy" Monsanto will say "Yeah, they fined us." In reality Monsanto paid the finds for a bunch of smaller farmers who are now forced to lease the rights to grow the round up ready crops to get the fines payed they couldn't afford. And dozens of other ways to get ranchers and farmers under the thumb.

Eventually, they wont need someone to "take a inconsequential fall" and big agro can use their exemptions wile little agro is fined out of existence.

Sorry got distracted and hit post before I finished.

Look at what is happening in the whole foods industry right now. You can not safely sell raw milk with big agro methods, but it is safer and better for you when you get you fresh raw milk from a local dairy/distribution points. These places are being raided just like they are inner city drug gangs.

Now, there is a way to defeat them completely.

They key is to make a stink and keep making a stink.

They say "We are only enforcing it on the big guy" everyone has to say "So what, you can still use it on the little guy!"

They say "We aren't enforcing it." everyone has to say "Not good enough!"

The only way the little guy can win is to make a big enough stink to get a law in place that protects them.

I think that ruling was politically motivated.

What's next ? are they going to say oxygen is a pollutant, and it is now illegal to Breathe ???

Maybe, the logic that is being used would naturally lend itself in that direction. After all, what is carbine dioxide but 66.666...% oxygen and 33.333...% carbon.

In all seriousness I can not for the life of me work out how they came to declare hay a pollutant. I drive by many farms and see hay all the time. All it ever does is sit there. Unless you set the thing on fire it produces no smoke, and no offensive odor. Unless of cores you do not like the smell of hay. Then you have to have your nose pressed to it to smell that. If hay is a pollutant then what about the grass clippings after you mow your lawn? I fear what could be next will be that they will declare human farts and pollutant and force everyone to were a sealed container on their butts to collect fart in. Heaven help us if anyone stands too close to an open flame.

I agree with the other post here saying that this is nothing more then a means to do away with the family farm.

Edited by LadyKay