I saw the trailer on tv but wasnt really interested as It looked similar to the narnia style i didnt pay attention to the trailer that much... I had no Idea it was Neil Gaiman's! But then yes! I'd love to see it or even better yet read the book.. btw.. it's a book? no comic?

its a book. a thin one actually and worth buying. i think i got mine for like 8 bucks at b&n. i finished it in. . .like 3 days of on and off reading so its pretty quick. the movie looks interesting but it looks like there adding a lot to it that wasnt in the book. either way i cant wait

Great!! Prolly with the movie out now it will be way easier to find the book! it's too bad sometimes books gain their popularity once they're turned into movies when there are so much good books around... ahh! Neil Gaiman <3 <3 <3 now Im excited!

yea, if your interested deffinately go to B&N they have more of everything. its in the neil gaiman section but it doesnt really look like one of his books. its thinner, all white and it sais stardust in. . .i believe green lettering on the binding and the cover has a foresty scene on it. its a pretty different feel from the rest of his books because its fairly light and happy with a touch of dark. one thing i loved tho is that its still got the feel of fantasy beeing real life which i love about everything he does. hes just got that touch

The book was really good... not Gaimans best but really good.... which honestly means it will make a better movie that way... I have noticed that pretty good books make better movies than amazing books...

Is this an adult or YA book? If it's YA maybe it's short enough to get past my current non-illustrated reader's block... Gaiman is godlike but I haven't even read his last couple novels 'cos I just... can't... read... books anymore.

... Oh! The one with Tristan Thorn and the village of Wall! Yeah I read that one. I think there's a GN version too which I haven't read yet. Hmm, potential for a good movie there... but... we'll see...

SONG

Go, and catch a falling star,

Get with child a mandrake root,

Tell me, where all past years are,

Or who cleft the Devil's foot,

Teach me to hear mermaids singing,

Or to keep off envy's stinging,

And find

What wind

Serves to advance an honest mind.

If thou be'est born to strange sights,

Things invisible to see,

Ride ten thousand days and nights,

Till age snow white hairs on thee,

Thou, when thou return'st, wilt tell me

All strange wonders that befell thee,

And swear

Nowhere

Lives a woman true, and fair.

If thou find'st one, let me know,

Such a pilgrimage were sweet,

Yet do not, I would not go,

Though at next door we might meet,

Though she were true when you met her,

And last, till you write your letter,

Yet she

Will be

False, ere I come, to two, or three.

--John Donne, 1572-1631

Read Stardust a few(?) years ago.

I actually was reading about this "to be made into a movie" thing in Time magazine just yesterday. (yes I'm even more of a nerd than the average nerd)

I think Neil is probably the guy that has sold the most ideas to Hollywood, that never actually got made into movies in history. Almost every one of his books and specific story properties that he owns have been optioned by one studio or another.

But hes hit the (cash) jackpot just recently with Stardust.

Next is coming, as movies for Gaiman:

Beowulf directed by ROBERT ZEMECKIS (Back To The Future, Romancing The Stone, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Contact) and then Caroline starring Dakota Fanning.

In terms of "comic book art" being turned into movies... One I'm quite scared about is that there is a movie coming up based on THE WATCHMEN (Written By Allan Moore (V for Vendetta)) which is probably in the top 1 or 2 all time greatest graphic novels ever written in virtually every list of such things.

Read Stardust a few(?) years ago.

I actually was reading about this "to be made into a movie" thing in Time magazine just yesterday. (yes I'm even more of a nerd than the average nerd)

I think Neil is probably the guy that has sold the most ideas to Hollywood, that never actually got made into movies in history. Almost every one of his books and specific story properties that he owns have been optioned by one studio or another.

But hes hit the (cash) jackpot just recently with Stardust.

Next is coming, as movies for Gaiman:

Beowulf directed by ROBERT ZEMECKIS (Back To The Future, Romancing The Stone, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Contact) and then Caroline starring Dakota Fanning.

In terms of "comic book art" being turned into movies... One I'm quite scared about is that there is a movie coming up based on THE WATCHMEN (Written By Allan Moore (V for Vendetta)) which is probably in the top 1 or 2 all time greatest graphic novels ever written in virtually every list of such things.

i wouldve loved to see american gods get turned into a movie (or a mini series even). caroline should be good, i heard it was a great childrens book but i havent been able to find it anywhere.

its a book. a thin one actually and worth buying.I think i got mine for like 8 bucks at b&n. i finished it in. . .like 3 days of on and off reading so its pretty quick. the movie looks interesting but it looks like there adding a lot to it that wasn't in the book. either way i cant wait

The book was a 4 part graphic novel that was later put into a book format I still have my 1st issue signed by Neil Gaimen and Charles Vess the artist safely in plastic. He came to Ann Arbor when the book first came out for a reading. The book is amazing. The MOVIE IS HORRIBLE! If you have read the novel you will hate the movie and be angry at the ending. If you have not read the book like you'll really enjoy it. Saw it with 6 people 3 who have read, 3 who have not. All 3 who read hated the movie.

Jinx

The book was a 4 part graphic novel that was later put into a book format I still have my 1st issue signed by Neil Gaimen and Charles Vess the artist safely in plastic. He came to Ann Arbor when the book first came out for a reading. The book is amazing. The MOVIE IS HORRIBLE! If you have read the novel you will hate the movie and be angry at the ending. If you have not read the book like you'll really enjoy it. Saw it with 6 people 3 who have read, 3 who have not. All 3 who read hated the movie.

Jinx

The book is one of my favorites, ever. I hated what they changed in the movie, but thought the movie was very well done... as a movie independent of the book. As an adaptation of the book, I was, indeed, quite disappointed with how much they changed the tone and mood of the book. I was disappointed by how they changed the bitter sweet ending into a flat out happy story. I always think it is unfair to judge a movie based on a book by how true they kept to the story. What they presented was quite enjoyable for what it was.

Archived