Raev's favorite new music!

Raev

First up is Mark E Moon - Daemons.

I believe this is a Scottish act and this song came out just over a month ago. Last month I played this track and it went over quite well, with numerous people asking wtf it was.

I wouldn't classify it as goth, or industrial, or postpunk, but somehow adjacent to everything. 

Edited by Raev

Black Nail Cabaret is a Hungarian darkpop duo and a personal favorite act. 

Bete Noire is a track that's about 5 years old so not new at all but it was my introduction to them. Vocalist and songwriter Emise told me that the inspiration from the song actually came from The Waitress by Tori Amos.

No Gold is a track a touch newer. The video really impresses me because it shows the dedication to her art that Emise has. The shaving of the epic long hair of hers is real.

Then there is Do You Wanna by Junksista ft Emke. Emke is the stage name used by Emise. Junksista and Emise have done a few things together, and every time Diana and Emise work together something magical happens and it doesn't sound like either of their projects.

BNC is covering Happy House on the Siouxsie tribute album being released by Cleopatra records

https://cleopatrarecords.bandcamp.com/track/happy-house-black-nail-cabaret?fbclid=IwAR0l2s4R2wapd-jTx7zl3dAq_x4ELQhaqupysdaMu2a3TKLyrd_dgG-9ff4

Edited by Raev

Eva X.

Eva X is the project of Canadian Gabby Gustafson, who is joined by her husband Erik (currently with Grendel) for live shows.

Eva X is a young project with lots of room for growth, and runs poppy, but the soul of the music is sound. There are a lot of personal demons in the lyrics from Gabby. She's still finding her footing, and relies maybe a touch too much on some vocal effects, but the core is good enough that I am still a fan!

Eva X recently finished their first tour in support of Danny Blu and Morris Blak, and Eva X was the star of the show in my opinion. Eva X will be performing at the 2024 Dark Force Fest.

Edited by Raev