I'm supposed to pop in and remind people to stay on topic I guess.

In any case...I could list a BUNCH of people

StormKnight

Odims

DBK

Tszura/Nightgaunt

Hunhee

Farril

Ohster

I'm sure I could think of more.

On 8/10/2023 at 12:38 AM, Msterbeau said:

While admitting I miss a few old board members, let's also take care not to invite any of the people that were constantly stirring up shit.  That's all I'm going to say about that...  

2 hours ago, Destroit said:

Ohster

NO

Awww c'mon Scary Guy, dude worked TO HARD to type in a generic euro accent in every post just for you to reject him.

But on the topic of unwanteds..

I actually miss Cats eye. That weird fucker chased so many women into my inbox every so often by trying to talk shit about me all the time. That was back when having an unwanted arch nemesis had it's perks.

24 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Awww c'mon Scary Guy, dude worked TO HARD to type in a generic euro accent in every post just for you to reject him.

But on the topic of unwanteds..

I actually miss Cats eye. That weird fucker chased so many women into my inbox every so often by trying to talk shit about me all the time. That was back when having an unwanted arch nemesis had it's perks.

I saw @CatsEyeOfTheWiccan at @Troy Spiral's memorial.  She's trans now too.

Anyway let's avoid talking about actual members in public who may still be around (since one doesn't need to log in to read.)

Them being trans is irrelevant. I don't care. They put a lot of time and effort trying to attack me. Although it backfired in hilarious ways, I didn't do a single thing to live rent free in their head like that.

As for you asking me to keep my mouth shut Incase they potentially see this? Lmao dude, I'm not one to hide people's shitty actions. Don't defend that shit, it makes you look like you enable that sort of thing. Let her read this. Let it be a reminder she forgot her clown shoes on her way out.

1 hour ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Them being trans is irrelevant. I don't care. They put a lot of time and effort trying to attack me. Although it backfired in hilarious ways, I didn't do a single thing to live rent free in their head like that.

As for you asking me to keep my mouth shut Incase they potentially see this? Lmao dude, I'm not one to hide people's shitty actions. Don't defend that shit, it makes you look like you enable that sort of thing. Let her read this. Let it be a reminder she forgot her clown shoes on her way out.

I was just letting you know about the trans thing so you (and anyone else reading) wouldn't misgender her, because apparently that's one of the worst things you can ever do along with dead-naming.

Also we have some rarely enforced but still quite active rules here.  I've already seen one person leave the board recently over whatever admonishing they received.

Not that I have any power here and if I did I probably wouldn't use it anyway.  I think there are plenty of people who deserve to be called out for various reasons, and I have done that myself in the past.  But the place for that is not here.

For a board that claims to hate drama there has always been an overwhelming supply of it.  The rules try to mitigate that but with many mods they only seem to be enforced when someone feels like it, and even then only against someone they don't like.  It seems much better lately with Tron running things though.

51 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

I was just letting you know about the trans thing so you (and anyone else reading) wouldn't misgender her, because apparently that's one of the worst things you can ever do along with dead-naming.

Also we have some rarely enforced but still quite active rules here.  I've already seen one person leave the board recently over whatever admonishing they received.

Not that I have any power here and if I did I probably wouldn't use it anyway.  I think there are plenty of people who deserve to be called out for various reasons, and I have done that myself in the past.  But the place for that is not here.

For a board that claims to hate drama there has always been an overwhelming supply of it.  The rules try to mitigate that but with many mods they only seem to be enforced when someone feels like it, and even then only against someone they don't like.  It seems much better lately with Tron running things though.

I had to ban like 3/4 of my best friends back in the day idk what you mean but I feel this part might be one of those #notallmods things 🤣

Edited by Destroit

27 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

That's good on a general sense. I'm not one for dead naming or anything like that. I can respect the transition, but it doesn't mean I have to respect the person.

Do not cite the rules to me, SG. I was there when they were rewritten to ban me a second time.

This is absolutely the place to call toxic people out, as is any other place that may have those who would do harm within the community. We have decent people here for the most part. People who try to do that shit behind closed doors need to get sussed out. It helps protect and keep each other safe.

This IS a hill I will die on,  so you will drop this right here and now because I'll just block you otherwise.  You quoted Msterbeau about not wanting trouble makers back in regards to Ohster, and suddenly do a 180 about cats eye. Ohster was more like me, just some shit posting troll for the sake of laughs, but I never tried causing real life drama anyone. Cats eye made it a point to cross that line and cause trouble in personal lives (yeah guess what, some of those chicks that befriended me because of her are still my friends and the stories i could tell about how she stalked them when she was a he.)

Practice what you try to preach.

1 hour ago, know_buddy_kares said:

That's good on a general sense. I'm not one for dead naming or anything like that. I can respect the transition, but it doesn't mean I have to respect the person.

Do not cite the rules to me, SG. I was there when they were rewritten to ban me a second time.

This is absolutely the place to call toxic people out, as is any other place that may have those who would do harm within the community. We have decent people here for the most part. People who try to do that shit behind closed doors need to get sussed out. It helps protect and keep each other safe.

This IS a hill I will die on,  so you will drop this right here and now because I'll just block you otherwise.  You quoted Msterbeau about not wanting trouble makers back in regards to Ohster, and suddenly do a 180 about cats eye. Ohster was more like me, just some shit posting troll for the sake of laughs, but I never tried causing real life drama anyone. Cats eye made it a point to cross that line and cause trouble in personal lives (yeah guess what, some of those chicks that befriended me because of her are still my friends and the stories i could tell about how she stalked them when she was a he.)

Practice what you try to preach.

Have you only been banned twice?  I've been thrice so far, and I'm not sure that'll happen again but I am a notorious asshole so it isn't impossible.  It's not like I learned anything the last times and still stand by whatever it was I said/did.  It's also not like I was trying to offend anyone either though, it just sorta happens.

Also you're honestly kind of tame compared to Ohster.  That's not a challenge, that's just how it is.  I remember him from the DCC/KiT forum without all the rules that exist here and he was even worse if you can believe that.  But yes, he was just annoying which I don't think anyone should be banned for, I'm just happy he hasn't come back.  There are many others I feel the same way about.

But I hear you on Cats.  I bitched about @Jinx for YEARS and no one believed me until he attacked that girl at Necto in the VIP area and got fired and the scene collectively excommunicated him.  So maybe what you say has some merit to it, it's just I haven't seen/heard about it personally.  I do remember some other antics but nothing like that, but it's not like I paid very close attention.  IF that's true though then I'm really glad she's not around anymore.

11 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Have you only been banned twice?  I've been thrice so far, and I'm not sure that'll happen again but I am a notorious asshole so it isn't impossible.  It's not like I learned anything the last times and still stand by whatever it was I said/did.  It's also not like I was trying to offend anyone either though, it just sorta happens.

Also you're honestly kind of tame compared to Ohster.  That's not a challenge, that's just how it is.  I remember him from the DCC/KiT forum without all the rules that exist here and he was even worse if you can believe that.  But yes, he was just annoying which I don't think anyone should be banned for, I'm just happy he hasn't come back.  There are many others I feel the same way about.

But I hear you on Cats.  I bitched about @Jinx for YEARS and no one believed me until he attacked that girl at Necto in the VIP area and got fired and the scene collectively excommunicated him.  So maybe what you say has some merit to it, it's just I haven't seen/heard about it personally.  I do remember some other antics but nothing like that, but it's not like I paid very close attention.  IF that's true though then I'm really glad she's not around anymore.

I lost count how many times I've been banned. I was Vampyro and got banned almost immediately, then came back on this name, stirred up shit and seen the rules get modified and banned again. Then someone gave me their ex partner's login info and I got banned there. I actually think that's when they banned by proxy methods with IP addresses (I was on deployment to Iraq at the time) and may have gotten that entire country banned on here.

I came back a couple more times and banned again, but stopped after that because this site was going down hill fast due to owner errors at the time.

A lot of it was seeing these shit bags do some low key abusive bullshit behind closed doors and so I would make a scene about it in public.

As for jinx, dude's vibe never felt right to me but nothing ever happened between us that sparked me to fling shit at him. However I'm not surprised. Back then I just had my gut telling me who was ok and who wasn't, and was really too head fucked myself to figure out why, at least in the forefront of my conscious. But subconscious I had reasons I suppose.

I can articulate it and figure it out a lot better now. But it took YEARS of working through my PTSD to get to this point. So maybe now, if someone is up to no good, I can actually voice it better with legit facts for people to understand better.

4 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

I was Vampyro

I vaguely remember that name, so you were around at least enough to get stored in the "I'm not going to remember it unless I see it" bank.  Though that's all I can recall and nothing else good or bad.

Anyway, you've been banned more, you win I guess.

Though to be fair I was never actively trying to get banned either, I'm just me.

For what it's worth:

Banned persons looking to return will be reviewed by mods and Tron and a decision will be made on a case by case basis.

We recognize that in the past not all rules and judgements were levied fairly nor equally. So, no blanket statement can be made other than we will look at each request as fairly as humanly possible and Tron will make the decision.

Edited by Raev

1 hour ago, Raev said:

For what it's worth:

Banned persons looking to return will be reviewed by mods and Tron and a decision will be made on a case by case basis.

We recognize that in the past not all rules and judgements were levied fairly nor equally. So, no blanket statement can be made other than we will look at each request as fairly as humanly possible and Tron will make the decision.

Agreed. Some of us grew up, some of us finally got the better of our demons, some of us have actually calmed down. I appreciate being able to come back.

Though some, as I've maintained then lost their friendship along the way are probably better off staying gone, but I don't feel I'm in any position to weigh in on that matter either.

Anyhoo... Back on topic.

I just graced valleyofmisery's profile a while back and remember some of her posts vaguely. Mostly because of her pfp, man she would be awesome to come back here. 

2 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

We can weigh in on anything.  Doesn't mean that anybody cares though (like me weighing in just now!)

Technically sure, but I do try to not be a hypocrite. And I feel, formerly banned several times, I have no room telling others who should stay banned.

I won't hold a person's past against them so long as they show they learned and grew from it. Hell I STILL have people who hold their past assumptions of me over my head. Like you were wrong about me back then, and you're still wrong about me today.

I'm not going to lace those sort of clown shoes up.

53 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Technically sure, but I do try to not be a hypocrite. And I feel, formerly banned several times, I have no room telling others who should stay banned.

I won't hold a person's past against them so long as they show they learned and grew from it. Hell I STILL have people who hold their past assumptions of me over my head. Like you were wrong about me back then, and you're still wrong about me today.

I'm not going to lace those sort of clown shoes up.

Except when it comes to CEotW, apparently :P

I mean it's been years, for all I know she might have changed.  I only saw her briefly over two days and we didn't talk much at all.

Some people don't change though and I will totally hold a grudge.

I did have a high school bully apologize to me once.  I was going into a hospital and he was working security (probably failed at becoming a cop.) Anyway that was pretty good of him especially since he wasn't even that much of a bully.  Barely even thought of him up until that point.  So I'm not saying it's impossible, just usually unlikely.

Also even if one does change that doesn't erase the sins of the past.

Unfortunately because of my bad memory I will forget but I will not forgive.  I keep going around hating motherfuckers and I can't remember why.

It's not exactly hypocritical. If she does come back and is allowed, well it's not my platform to pop a fuss over. I'll just put her on block to avoid the drama up front. I've done that once already. Personal... "grudges"(for lack of a better word) are personal. Maybe they did do a 180, good for them. I just personally don't really give 2nd chances for access to my life anymore. Some lines crossed will never be forgiven. Even something as petty as this. They spent a lot of time and energy hating me for no valid reason until I started giving them reasons. 

As for the board? Well you don't see me squacking drama over the person I already got blocked. Cats eye would be in the same boat.

This includes others too. But I honestly think the others I am thinking of won't come back, and their reputations have all been self sabotaged anyway. Overall we're squabbling over some hypothetical that isn't likely going to be an issue anyway.

They spent a lot of time and energy hating me for no valid reason until I started giving them reasons.

Story of my fuckin' life.

Overall we're squabbling over some hypothetical that isn't likely going to be an issue anyway.

Unless they die and end up on that list there is always a non-zero chance though.  While that thought doesn't thrill me it does still exist.