Access to Concrete

phee

Okay so... Shameless self promotion of my project... we have one album out and are completing the recording of a second one this month.

Below is a link to the band camp where you can order CDs or Download and stuff. I am also going to include a YouTube link to the album so you can try before you (hopefully) buy.

The album is mainly instrumental but there are a couple with guest vocals... the one we are working on now is going to be about half instrumental and half with lyrics. 

Hope you like it. Let me know if you listen to it and what you think.  If you do decide to buy please know how much I appreciate it. 

https://thisislabel.bandcamp.com/album/void-where-prohibited

56 minutes ago, phee said:

Okay so... Shameless self promotion of my project... we have one album out and are completing the recording of a second one this month.

Below is a link to the band camp where you can order CDs or Download and stuff. I am also going to include a YouTube link to the album so you can try before you (hopefully) buy.

The album is mainly instrumental but there are a couple with guest vocals... the one we are working on now is going to be about half instrumental and half with lyrics. 

Hope you like it. Let me know if you listen to it and what you think.  If you do decide to buy please know how much I appreciate it. 

https://thisislabel.bandcamp.com/album/void-where-prohibited

First, >>>https://www.detroitgothic.net/forum/15-your-creations/

Second, this is great.  It sounds very dated but that's what I like.  It's also kind of all over the place but I like that too because ADHD (not that I don't appreciate things that just drone on either.) That's also only the first track?

I'll have to listen to the rest of it and get back to you.  Sorry it's taken so long.  Still working on the credenza (the speakers are almost ready to put in!)

Okay, I gave it the full treatment on the big system.  Listening to the second to last track now.  Like most bands it's all similar yet different.

It reminds me of Fronline Assembly/Skinny Puppy/Noise Unit/Sonic Mayhem.  It reminds me of 90s sci-fi shows/FPS game soundtracks.  Needless to say I like it a lot.  Even how it is mixed almost sounds period correct.  The 80s focused on high end so the 90s went for more bass since the technology improved and could do that better then.  Eventually it seemed to even out.  Maybe mix in a tad little more high end.  I compared it to a well known track that I use to test systems with to make sure that my system is set right and my hearing is (mostly) good.

Also some of the tracks with singing have those vocals drowned out, when the entire point should be the singing.  Really the only time that should be done is to cover for when the singer can't sing.

Finally and this is probably the best compliment I can give:

11 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Okay, I gave it the full treatment on the big system.  Listening to the second to last track now.  Like most bands it's all similar yet different.

It reminds me of Fronline Assembly/Skinny Puppy/Noise Unit/Sonic Mayhem.  It reminds me of 90s sci-fi shows/FPS game soundtracks.  Needless to say I like it a lot.  Even how it is mixed almost sounds period correct.  The 80s focused on high end so the 90s went for more bass since the technology improved and could do that better then.  Eventually it seemed to even out.  Maybe mix in a tad little more high end.  I compared it to a well known track that I use to test systems with to make sure that my system is set right and my hearing is (mostly) good.

Also some of the tracks with singing have those vocals drowned out, when the entire point should be the singing.  Really the only time that should be done is to cover for when the singer can't sing.

Finally and this is probably the best compliment I can give:

Thank you so much for listening and the thoughtful review… I am happy you got the impressions you did