Hey! Anyone Warhammer 40k fans? 

Books? Games? 

What team? 

I play and collect A Thousand Sons. I'm getting into the books soon. My man plays and collects Deathguard and T'au. He also is very deep in the books and tells me a lot about them. 

Just finishing Lord of the Rings right now. Last bit of it. 

Also, here are my minis I painted. FB_IMG_1677081246513.thumb.jpg.5c10c7b08c6927acefcf8b1a9d2e609c.jpg

IMG_162854701340F.jpg

2 hours ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

I like painting the mini's, but the lore, the rule system and game politics all stress me out. 

But painting the lil guys and coming up with cute lil names is fun XD 

I'm the opposite, Game's Workshop is a greedy little pissbaby who doesn't want you 3D printing your own minis so they can charge obscene amounts for them.  They're also about as aggressive as Disney with their intellectual property too so fan created content is always in danger.  They also critically underpay their staff even though they make that much cash.

I do like the lore because it's basically stol...  heavily inspired from Dune and other Sci-fi franchises.

Actually you know what no they fucking stole it:

Anyway, speaking of lore this is long and slow, but a great story:

Also, I hear Henry Cavill is interested heavily in doing some sort of live adaptation of 40K since everything else has pissed him off so much.  So that's exciting to think about.

9 hours ago, Queen of Foxes said:

Hey! Anyone Warhammer 40k fans? 

Books? Games? 

What team? 

I play and collect A Thousand Sons. I'm getting into the books soon. My man plays and collects Deathguard and T'au. He also is very deep in the books and tells me a lot about them. 

Just finishing Lord of the Rings right now. Last bit of it. 

Also, here are my minis I painted. FB_IMG_1677081246513.thumb.jpg.5c10c7b08c6927acefcf8b1a9d2e609c.jpg

IMG_162854701340F.jpg

I have some chaos warriors from the age of sigmar my friend and I really really love the skaven.  The lore of the skaven absolutely terrifying the more I hear them learn about them the more I actually fear them.  I love clan skryre,  Friend is all down for clan pestilence.  Just about a month or so ago I actually started reading the books from the horus heresy I just started book 5 yesterday.  I'm so happy to hear that the old removed faction the squats are returning as the Votann. All hail space dwarves!. The adeptus mechanicus are fun characters and oh my God the orks are just so much.  The idea of hollowing out a small planet moon and launching into a larger planet as a start of an invasion is completely insane as well as riding that giant asteroid into the planet.  

I enjoy reading the lore because it's messy and deep and I can go down the rabbit holes. It reads like an ultra-serious parody that doesn't acknowledge how unhinged it is and I respect that. Never got into the game, the books, or anything else other than the wiki though lmao.

Also some of the fans ruin it. People get a little *too* into Warhammer 40k and make it their personality, but that's true of many things.

5 minutes ago, et-novum said:

I enjoy reading the lore because it's messy and deep and I can go down the rabbit holes. It reads like an ultra-serious parody that doesn't acknowledge how unhinged it is and I respect that. Never got into the game, the books, or anything else other than the wiki though lmao.

Also some of the fans ruin it. People get a little *too* into Warhammer 40k and make it their personality, but that's true of many things.

I forget what books they are but I know of a trilogy of some traders somehow go forward in time and find that entire galaxy is overrun by tyranids. They barely survive one. They get back the to the time they belong in ,and realize the galaxy is just fuck in the future. 

42 minutes ago, SlavicGoth said:

I forget what books they are but I know of a trilogy of some traders somehow go forward in time and find that entire galaxy is overrun by tyranids. They barely survione. They get back the to the time they belong in ,and realize the galaxy is just fuck in the future. 

I quoted the wrong spot. 

But yeah, we play with our friends mostly. Our friend owns a Warhammer store up on Sandlake, so we usually have him get the good group of locals together and we play. Outside of that, yeah, majority of the time, fans ruin a lot. 

Edited by Queen of Foxes

My old rpg group got into 40k. I never did though. Not a fan of tactical miniatures games and I HATE painting minis. I would watch my friends play though and I built a lot of terrain and scenery for them. I briefly thought about getting a Skaven army (fantasy) just because a diorama scene with them would look fucking sick!

9 minutes ago, n0Mad said:

My old rpg group got into 40k. I never did though. Not a fan of tactical miniatures games and I HATE painting minis. I would watch my friends play though and I built a lot of terrain and scenery for them. I briefly thought about getting a Skaven army (fantasy) just because a diorama scene with them would look fucking sick!

I respect that. They just changed the rules a whole bunch too and made it a lot easier. It has JUST been released. I haven't been able to play yet but from what I've been told through Roger and his friends, it's different. 

It's not everyone's cup of tea. 

33 minutes ago, n0Mad said:

With games like total war Warhammer and battlefleet gothic you can play the battles without having to invest the time and money on the minis. But its so fun to watch the lil characters slowly come to life as you paint them.