Yeah, we used to blast this at the clubs.  Still do sometimes:

I had a lot of respect for her when she tore up that photograph of the pope, and then promptly lost it when I found out she was still delusional anyway.  Though she wanted a united Ireland so she couldn't have been all bad I guess.  But wait she wanted Britain to rule over it so I take that back.

She suffered from mental issues though so it's not surprising some of her ideals were crazy.  No cause of death has been announced, and I don't want to jump to conclusions but it isn't exactly that great of a leap.  More of a hop I'd say.

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

Yeah, we used to blast this at the clubs.  Still do sometimes:

I had a lot of respect for her when she tore up that photograph of the pope, and then promptly lost it when I found out she was still delusional anyway.  Though she wanted a united Ireland so she couldn't have been all bad I guess.  But wait she wanted Britain to rule over it so I take that back.

She suffered from mental issues though so it's not surprising some of her ideals were crazy.  No cause of death has been announced, and I don't want to jump to conclusions but it isn't exactly that great of a leap.  More of a hop I'd say.

I played that track at the last Asylum night

1 hour ago, gwen said:

say what you want about her but it wasnt long after this all of that catholuc molestation stuff came out so...good for her. catholic church is a VERY SCARY entity to stand up to.

She was definitely the lesser of the evils.  However people can be against one type of religion while still drinking the Flavor-Aid themselves.

1 hour ago, et-novum said:

I have a lot of respect for her. What she did wasn't easy.

Wasn't trying to diminish that either.  She basically hosed her own career.  If the world were any more of a theocracy she'd probably have been burned at the stake as a witch.

47 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Wasn't trying to diminish that either.  She basically hosed her own career. 

She did, and she was hated for it. But I respect someone immensely who can do that. Because I could not.

Just now, et-novum said:

She did, and she was hated for it. But I respect someone immensely who can do that. Because I could not.

You shouldn't doubt yourself so much.  I've done the same with my unpopular views and just speaking my mind and it really isn't that hard.  You just have to not care about what others think, which should be really easy.

There's a quote that fits but I cannot remember it as of right now.  Something about having the courage to fight for what's right, even if you think it's hopeless.  I'll update his when I find it.

The night after SNL she played at a Bob Dylan tribute show to a mix of boos and silence. Kris Kristofferson (one of the organizers) was told to get her off stage. He refused, but he did go out there, gave her a hug, and said "Don't let the bastards get you down"

9 hours ago, Slogo said:

The night after SNL she played at a Bob Dylan tribute show to a mix of boos and silence. Kris Kristofferson (one of the organizers) was told to get her off stage. He refused, but he did go out there, gave her a hug, and said "Don't let the bastards get you down"

Kris was always a class act as far as I could tell.

I just saw this and it made me a bit disappointed:

Some think maybe that was written for him.  He's no idiot though and he agreed to say those words, out loud, and on TV.  I really liked a lot of his work, but as they say "never meet your heroes."