VAZUM & Palm Ghosts at Bowlero August 12th

• TronRP pinned this topic
22 hours ago, VAZUM said:

VAZUM (Detroit gothrock) and Palm Ghosts (Nashville post-punk) are playing a free show at Bowlero in Royal Oak on Saturday August 12th. Music begins at 9 pm. 

https://vazum.bandcamp.com/

https://palmghosts.bandcamp.com/

bowlero.jpg

I'll probably be going. I got some pins from them when they played at the Narthex last month

• 4 weeks later...

Not a huge turnout, but Bowlero isn't a huge venue so it was a nice crowd.  Seemed like very few were there for the bands which was unfortunate.

The afterparty didn't last too long and wrapped up around 2AM.

First band sounded good but Vazum sounded awful.  Sound guy was a right proper professional dick, good job telling the band that they sounded off.  I'd have done a much better job but it is what it is.  Is an even mix with just a bit more in the vocals too much to ask for?  Well at least he wasn't a drunk, but he did the bare minimum.  You pay $40 for a sound guy you get $40 worth of a sound guy.  I guess I can't complain too much since it was a free concert.  Again, you get what you pay for.

That other guy with the mutton chops is cool as fuck though.  He was messing with a camera he had hooked up and we talked about them wiring in something more permanent.  I think suggested the idea of feeding the video to the bowling alley scoreboards and he thought that was neat.  He mentioned he also doesn't get paid for any of his video editing work which is a shame, since I guess they use it for promotion.

• TronRP unpinned this topic