5 hours ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

Last night was awesome. I was nervous coming in, but it felt like home. We’ll probably start coming out more ☺️ If I missed saying hi to anyone, I apologize. Anxiety is a bitch 🖤

~~~~~

I wanted to say hi to everyone, but after a certain introduction, I was too geeked out and scatterbrained to remember what I was doing.

I was so nervous walking in that I thought I was going to faint before I reached the door, but walking in to so many familiar faces was just wonderful.  Many I knew from the weekly gatherings and others I've only seen on DGN.

It was a total mental blast.

gallery_4589_1202_11375.png

That was great.  However I wish it were under better circumstances.

It seems like too many let life get in the way and only come out for weddings and funerals, if that.

I'm just happy I left enough buffer time for me to get lost and find it.

4 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

That was great.  However I wish it were under better circumstances.

It seems like too many let life get in the way and only come out for weddings and funerals, if that.

I'm just happy I left enough buffer time for me to get lost and find it.

Perhaps we need to make it so that we all get together for better circumstances. Like for shits and giggles, or because it’s Friday. You know, something like that.

17 hours ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

Perhaps we need to make it so that we all get together for better circumstances. Like for shits and giggles, or because it’s Friday. You know, something like that.

I agree, and there is an entire post sort of related to that.

Bringing back a dedicated DGN night seems like a great idea though.  Maybe a weekly and we could call it The Gathering or something :P

But seriously, a club night after that would be good too.  There was talk of when it was at The Red Apple of opening the downstairs area which used to be a bar, but I think it was going to take way too much work and the owner decided against it.  That was even sealed off from the rest of the restaurant too so that could close and the bar could have remained open.  Or back when City Bites was a thing and I didn't think/care that it was as gross as it was.  Some restaurant with a bar attached that is open late that we can all meet up at that isn't too far from anyone.

House parties are always an option also.

Really we need more people chiming in on events here saying "I'm going to *whatever* does anyone want to come?" and then a group of us goes and has fun.  At least that's how it works in my head anyway but AMMV.

38 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

I agree, and there is an entire post sort of related to that.

Bringing back a dedicated DGN night seems like a great idea though.  Maybe a weekly and we could call it The Gathering or something 😛

But seriously, a club night after that would be good too.  There was talk of when it was at The Red Apple of opening the downstairs area which used to be a bar, but I think it was going to take way too much work and the owner decided against it.  That was even sealed off from the rest of the restaurant too so that could close and the bar could have remained open.  Or back when City Bites was a thing and I didn't think/care that it was as gross as it was.  Some restaurant with a bar attached that is open late that we can all meet up at that isn't too far from anyone.

Really we need more people chiming in on events here saying "I'm going to *whatever* does anyone want to come?" and then a group of us goes and has fun.  At least that's how it works in my head anyway but AMMV.

I’ll check out the post! 

But I think that it would be great if more people just met up, in general.

On 6/4/2023 at 12:38 PM, Scary Guy said:

Let me know if that is ever an option. I literally have 3,700 sqf of house that was made for entertaining (not that I do because I am a fucking hermit). Round porch in front with fire pit and a full on bar in our walk out. And a pool table if anyone plays ;) Because reasons ;) I am kind of a ways out from everyone though. 

But it is beautiful just North of Huron River Dr. And we have lots of parking just down the street from us as people throw events and weddings on their properties quite often here. 

Here is a map (if anyone wants to use it) to identify where everyone is coming from when planning real live in person stuff. DGN used to have a map on Frappr but that is now defunct. I will not assume the ability to call it a DGN Map, so it is "Our Gothic Friends Map". 

https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1Btrxl2z-al3TNr4Uu0diJI9e6E9TspA&hl=en

PS, don't pin your actual residence. Use a reasonable close location. 

Edited by Marblez

6 hours ago, Marblez said:

Here is a map (if anyone wants to use it) to identify where everyone is coming from when planning real live in person stuff. DGN used to have a map on Frappr but that is now defunct. I will not assume the ability to call it a DGN Map, so it is "Our Gothic Friends Map". 

https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1Btrxl2z-al3TNr4Uu0diJI9e6E9TspA&hl=en

PS, don't pin your actual residence. Use a reasonable close location. 

I haven't moved in ever, feel free to add me too.

@Stu is in Roseville at 13/Utica, @Maureen Falcon is in Center Line.

Aria is at 13/Crooks, J is at 14/Coolidge, Ulf is at 14/Greenfield, but they don't really exist on the forum but I've dragged them to different events and they're all good friends, I wouldn't add them yet.)

@Slogo is somewhere in Hazel Park.

That's about all I can think of right now.

2 hours ago, Science_goth_Megan said:

I tried to add a pin for me,  but it I couldn’t figure it out  😞

You guys are close to me, I live at Cherry Hill and Newburgh 

I have some other friends out that way, though I haven't seen them recently.

46 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

I haven't moved in ever, feel free to add me too.

@Stu is in Roseville at 13/Utica, @Maureen Falcon is in Center Line.

Aria is at 13/Crooks, J is at 14/Coolidge, Ulf is at 14/Greenfield, but they don't really exist on the forum but I've dragged them to different events and they're all good friends, I wouldn't add them yet.)

@Slogo is somewhere in Hazel Park.

That's about all I can think of right now.

I have some other friends out that way, though I haven't seen them recently.

13 and Dequindre area for you? It has been a long long time. 

The others will have to approve themselves before I add them.