Resurgence of goth and goth adjacent music

Raev

2 hours ago, Raev said:

These last few years feel like an embarrassment of riches for new music. 

What's your favorite track from the last 3 years or so?

Anyone want to know mine?

I don't know that its my favorite but I've been digging this

It’s a little over 3 years but I really dig the track “I Can Hear Your Tears” by Ritual Howls off their album Rendered Armor.  In fact that whole album is good.  Also “Monsters” by Empathy Test,  “Fate” by Boy Harsher, and “Goth Beach” by Walter Sickert and the Army of Broken Toys because it is hilarious!  There is so much good music out there these days, I could go on for pages, but I won’t.  

7 hours ago, Science_goth_Megan said:

It’s a little over 3 years but I really dig the track “I Can Hear Your Tears” by Ritual Howls off their album Rendered Armor.  In fact that whole album is good.  Also “Monsters” by Empathy Test,  “Fate” by Boy Harsher, and “Goth Beach” by Walter Sickert and the Army of Broken Toys because it is hilarious!  There is so much good music out there these days, I could go on for pages, but I won’t.  

Oh no please do.  Part of me is very interested.

The other part wants to listen to absolutely nothing other than the tired overplayed tracks played 20 years ago when I first started going though.  I know there's a lot of good new music out there but I am very stuck in the past.

15 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Oh no please do.  Part of me is very interested.

The other part wants to listen to absolutely nothing other than the tired overplayed tracks played 20 years ago when I first started going though.  I know there's a lot of good new music out there but I am very stuck in the past.

Ask you shall receive.  Here is some relatively new bands and suggested songs with their release year.  Most of this is dark wave/cold wave, it’s what I turn to most in my old age, ha ha.

Aurat - Waiting for You (2020).  This band is unique, the female vocalist sings in both English and Urdu. 

Box and the Twin - Zerfall; and The First Dream (2019)

Cruel Reflection - Ded; and Lester Diamond (2018).  That first suggestion (Ded) is just about the loveliest song about being miserable you could ever hope to hear. ;)

Dance My Darling - Katherdrale (2020).  Honestly this is the only song to date I’ve heard from this band that I like.  But in my opinion it is really good.

Forever Grey - Common Coffin (2020); and The Other Side (2022).

Lebanon Hanover - Alien (2018); and Golden Child (2020). 

Molchat Doma- CyAHO; and HaAHe (2018), please note these song titles are in the Russian alphabet (the band is from Belarus). I did my best to write them with English characters. 

Plastique Noir - Rose of Flesh and Blood; and Fugitive Dawn (2011).  This is a Brazilian band but they sing in English, they have been around for quite a while but I only discovered them a few years ago

Push Button Press - Night Out; and Mire and the Sea SYZXYX Remix (2018).  Night Out was easily my favorite track of that year.  

She Past Away - Durdu Dunya (2019); and Ruh (2012).  This band sings in Turkish.  Again I did my best to spell the song titles in English characters. 

Soft Kill - Borders Comfort (2011); and Whirl (2016).

TR/ST - Sulk (2012).

Twin Tribes - Shadows (2018); Fantasmas (2019).  If you ever have the opportunity to see them live, go!  It was such a good live performance.

Vision Video - Kandahar (2021); and Death in a Hallway (2022).  The goofy Goth Dad TikTok’s aside, this band is actually pretty good and worth listening to.

Witch of the Vale - Commemorate (2020) 

That ends my list…. For now… Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk ;) 

On 6/7/2023 at 3:02 PM, Science_goth_Megan said:

Ask you shall receive.  Here is some relatively new bands and suggested songs with their release year.  Most of this is dark wave/cold wave, it’s what I turn to most in my old age, ha ha.

Aurat - Waiting for You (2020).  This band is unique, the female vocalist sings in both English and Urdu. 

Cruel Reflection - Ded; and Lester Diamond (2018).  That first suggestion (Ded) is just about the loveliest song about being miserable you could ever hope to hear. ;)

Dance My Darling - Katherdrale (2020).  Honestly this is the only song to date I’ve heard from this band that I like.  But in my opinion it is really good.

Molchat Doma- CyAHO; and HaAHe (2018), please note these song titles are in the Russian alphabet (the band is from Belarus). I did my best to write them with English characters. 

Plastique Noir - Rose of Flesh and Blood; and Fugitive Dawn (2011).  This is a Brazilian band but they sing in English, they have been around for quite a while but I only discovered them a few years ago

Push Button Press - Night Out; and Mire and the Sea SYZXYX Remix (2018).  Night Out was easily my favorite track of that year.  

She Past Away - Durdu Dunya (2019); and Ruh (2012).  This band sings in Turkish.  Again I did my best to spell the song titles in English characters. 

TR/ST - Sulk (2012).

Twin Tribes - Shadows (2018); Fantasmas (2019).  If you ever have the opportunity to see them live, go!  It was such a good live performance.

Vision Video - Kandahar (2021); and Death in a Hallway (2022).  The goofy Goth Dad TikTok’s aside, this band is actually pretty good and worth listening to.

HAHA FOOL, YOU HAVE FALLEN INTO MY TRAP!  NOW I KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE AND YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE MY FLOOR!

https://archive.org/details/friday-the-13th-the-series-1987/Friday+The+13th-+The+Series+(1987)+-+S02E23+-+The+Maestro+(DVD)+(HEVC).mkv

(but also, thanks)

Edited by Scary Guy
(Fixed link)

7 hours ago, Science_goth_Megan said:

TR/ST - Sulk (2012).

~~~~~

Yes, a very good Ted Talk indeed.:biggrin:

22 minutes ago, Science_goth_Megan said:

I’ve been tempted to cross the bridge and come to Asylum, maybe someday.  

We get a good handful of people from Michigan each month.

I'd recommend the tunnel though. Once through the tunnel someone could park at the river and walk to the event in 5 minutes if they wanted to

1 hour ago, Raev said:

We get a good handful of people from Michigan each month.

I'd recommend the tunnel though. Once through the tunnel someone could park at the river and walk to the event in 5 minutes if they wanted to

I second the tunnel recommendation. 

6 hours ago, kat said:

I need to renew my Enhanced license or get a passport but I think a passport takes longer.

Passport takes about six months IIRC but I've never tried.  Getting the enhanced took a bit too though, but probably no longer than normal (they had to verify some info probably.)

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, phee said:

I could promote my own music.... but that would be petty.

Access to Concrete is pretty legit though.

I am a harsh critic of production quality in our scene at times, and had nothing bad to say about your cd.

As for the music itself I found the entire release enjoyable start to finish. I also grestly enjoyed seeing a didgeridoo employed as part of a live set.

Be proud of the accomplishments and promote! 

I still need to listen to it.  Haven't actually hooked up a CD player in a long time now (the credenza project is almost done though, sorta.) I swear I'll get to it but I have a ton of other things I'm doing too.

Regardless I'm sure worse has been promoted here and even played in the clubs too.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:53 PM, Raev said:

These last few years feel like an embarrassment of riches for new music. 

What's your favorite track from the last 3 years or so?

Anyone want to know mine?

We are still waiting for yours.

• 1 month later...

Leaether Strip's "Last Station" is one of the best new albums I've heard in years. Klaus Larsen wrote the album as a tribute to his husband, Kurt after he passed away. It's how he worked through his grief. Knowing this going in, there were several parts that brought tears to my eyes the first time I listened to it.

12 minutes ago, *Siren* said:

Leaether Strip's "Last Station" is one of the best new albums I've heard in years. Klaus Larsen wrote the album as a tribute to his husband, Kurt after he passed away. It's how he worked through his grief. Knowing this going in, there were several parts that brought tears to my eyes the first time I listened to it.

I got to meet them once when they did a show and they were very nice people.  I was very sad to hear that news and I'll definitely have to grab that album.