Fiber Art (Crochet, Knit, Sewn, Woven, Needlepoint, etc)

21 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Done and done. The hats and gloves posted can be sold as a set or separately. When I'm ready to sell.

~~~~~

Also, don't forget to display them here as your fiber art.

:biggrin:

14 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Really awesome. Wish I can get that good. I think part of my issue is that I expect good quality stuff when I don't have the experience.

I’ve been sewing for about 10 years. I follow patterns, some times I modify them a bit, but generally I don’t need to.  I always repeat to myself “it doesn’t have to be perfect” or “it’s not a wedding dress”, because the truth is I’m my own worst critic, most people aren’t looking at the garment that close to see mistakes I might have made.  Most people are just impressed I made clothing at all, like it’s witchcraft, or should I say “stitchcraft”.  The take away point is, practice makes perfect.  :)

3 hours ago, Science_goth_Megan said:

I’ve been sewing for about 10 years. I follow patterns, some times I modify them a bit, but generally I don’t need to.  I always repeat to myself “it doesn’t have to be perfect” or “it’s not a wedding dress”, because the truth is I’m my own worst critic, most people aren’t looking at the garment that close to see mistakes I might have made.  Most people are just impressed I made clothing at all, like it’s witchcraft, or should I say “stitchcraft”.  The take away point is, practice makes perfect.  :)

I totally get that from a DJ perspective.  Sometimes mixes will be off so much that the crowd notices, but often it'll be little things that they don't but still irritate me.  Other professionals might notice too sometimes.  I've done that with other DJs and also thought "the crowd is not going to know that was a mistake at all" and as long as the crowd is oblivious it's all good!

• 1 month later...

large.PXL_20230717_224136861.PORTRAIT.jpg.08de5dc784b824d34883f151710431f8.jpglarge.PXL_20230717_224207128.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg.f7033a863eb3b031d76a6b4866da5ba2.jpg

I made this linin corset cover for a 1910's event coming up, and I made it a little longer that one would typically be so that I can wear it as a sundress. 

Lace was in my stash, and the blue satin ribbon has been kicking around, and the yard of linin was a scrap my friend wasn't going to use :)

I'm more than a liiiitle obsessed becuase its like a comfy goth potato sack! 

16 minutes ago, n0Mad said:

I am fairly decent at shibari. Does that count?

received_853160809502187.jpg

The only difference between this and the cool crochet spider web tops is the removable nature of the knot style. 

If you called it "macrame" it wouldn't be Kinky or really anything other than textile art. 

Super well done btw!