If I were a city...

Amerist

Places are like characters themselves, they have personality; they truss themselves up in garments of wood, metal, bone, and masonry. Cover their insecurities with draperies, shadowy curtains, shudder up their eyes, and lurk in their own sallow-lit doorways. Their sensations and feeling clatter down roadways of cobbles, dirt, concrete, asphalt, boardwalks of timber and seashells. They slide slowly on the sands, hum with the crash of the surf, sing to the twinkling stars in the desert sky, cast arms of wood and shingles up against the wind and rain...

If I were a city ... who would I be ...?

Guest Game of Chance

Places are like characters themselves, they have personality; they truss themselves up in garments of wood, metal, bone, and masonry. Cover their insecurities with draperies, shadowy curtains, shudder up their eyes, and lurk in their own sallow-lit doorways. Their sensations and feeling clatter down roadways of cobbles, dirt, concrete, asphalt, boardwalks of timber and seashells. They slide slowly on the sands, hum with the crash of the surf, sing to the twinkling stars in the desert sky, cast arms of wood and shingles up against the wind and rain...

If I were a city ... who would I be ...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was nice...and I agree.

But what's the question about?? Are you asking what city you're describing? Or is it rhetorical? There aren't too many places with both a surf and a desert.

But if you're asking us to respond...why, I'd be Las Vegas, of course.

That was nice...and I agree.

But what's the question about??  Are you asking what city you're describing? Or is it rhetorical?  There aren't too many places with both a surf and a desert.

But if you're asking us to respond...why, I'd be Las Vegas, of course.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was an open ended question.

The prose wasn't about any single city, but the Every City, I was walking through qualities of cities rather than talking about any one place.

Guest Game of Chance

It was an open ended question.

The prose wasn't about any single city, but the Every City, I was walking through qualities of cities rather than talking about any one place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I liked it anyway.

Archived