Wedding will be postponed

Chel and I were planning on having our wedding in September of this year but due to the current crisis we have decided to postpone. I will make sure to post more details when we get things all figured out because I'm sure some of you will want to be there.  We are now aiming for August 21 2021.  The are talking with the Michigan Steampunk Society about having the ceremony as a Steampunk Flash mob event at the Detroit Zoo. Everyone will be welcome no matter how you decide to dress.  We will then have a reception at a hall that is hopefully close to the zoo with a buffet, DJ and open bar if we can arrange it. 

Chel and I are not the best at planning or organizing events so please be patient and understanding with us as we try to muddle our way through things. If you would like to offer assistance in any way, feel free to contact us. We do love our DGN family even though we don't get a chance to socialize often and we hope to see people join us for our special day when the crisis has calmed down.

1 hour ago, Michael8402 said:

You know that we pretty much expect you to want to join us. lol

~~~~~

Trene and I were just talking about you and Chel at one of Trene's appointments last month.  I was concerned that we hadn't heard from you, but I knew you had a lot going on the last time we communicated.

I am so looking forward to your happy union.  I wanted to make a new hat to wear so by any chance, is there going to be a specific color scheme?

1 minute ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Trene and I were just talking about you and Chel at one of Trene's appointments last month.  I was concerned that we hadn't heard from you, but I knew you had a lot going on the last time we communicated.

I am so looking forward to your happy union.  I wanted to make a new hat to wear so by any chance, is there going to be a specific color scheme?

No real color theme, per se, but our favorite color is purple. I will probably be wearing my purple striped shirt.  The ceremony is going to be pretty informal and simple since it's pretty much just a bunch of people flash mobbing the zoo dressed like crazy steampunkers. lol. The reception is going to be more of just a big party to let loose and have fun.

4 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

That's a bummer, but you two aren't alone in postponing weddings. I can officiate if you don't have one already. Looks through Amazon for fitting clothing Or accessories at the least. Any excuse to visit the zoo. 😄

Thank you for the offer. The Mayor of the Michigan Steampunk Society is ordained but we will keep you in mind in case he is unable or changes his mind about officiating for us. Either way you are welcome to join us.

6 minutes ago, Michael8402 said:

Thank you for the offer. The Mayor of the Michigan Steampunk Society is ordained but we will keep you in mind in case he is unable or changes his mind about officiating for us. Either way you are welcome to join us.

No problem. And thanks. Providing I can get some money rolling back in since I got laid off (hopefully temporary).

1 minute ago, NocteSpiritus said:

No problem. And thanks. Providing I can get some money rolling back in since I got laid off (hopefully temporary).

I'm currently laid off as well. Last week they said it would only be a week and we would start back up on the 30th but we haven't heard anything since the 3 week shelter in place order so I'm guessing it will be longer.  

1 minute ago, Michael8402 said:

I'm currently laid off as well. Last week they said it would only be a week and we would start back up on the 30th but we haven't heard anything since the 3 week shelter in place order so I'm guessing it will be longer.  

For us it was close the 16th (restaurant/bar closure day) and open the 30th; then push back to April 13th. Now the shelter in place. And this is the one time that both my sisters have jobs now and I don't; through little fault of my own.

2 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

For us it was close the 16th (restaurant/bar closure day) and open the 30th; then push back to April 13th. Now the shelter in place. And this is the one time that both my sisters have jobs now and I don't; through little fault of my own.

I paint plastic automotive parts, first shift which sucks. My job is totally unessential in the current situation. Not that I put anyone at risk by going to my job since I am alone in a paint booth with filtration and a respirator for most of the day, but the major car manufacturers are currently closed and it's not like anyone is going to be going out to buy new cars right now anyway.  

Chel works at a facility that is considered a health clinic so she is still working at least.  I guess that makes me a house mife for awhile.  lol   

4 minutes ago, Michael8402 said:

I paint plastic automotive parts, first shift which sucks. My job is totally unessential in the current situation. Not that I put anyone at risk by going to my job since I am alone in a paint booth with filtration and a respirator for most of the day, but the major car manufacturers are currently closed and it's not like anyone is going to be going out to buy new cars right now anyway.  

Chel works at a facility that is considered a health clinic so she is still working at least.  I guess that makes me a house mife for awhile.  lol   

I was aiming to get into Fords before the whole thing took a swan dive. I could take a job in fast food since they're "essential" and I got experience, but still hoping this is temporary.

I don't know if you have a DJ in mind but I'd be happy to offer my services.  Though I recommend Tomey Tuney as he's a legitimate wedding DJ (I did Norm's wedding and they loved it, but I'm more of a club guy) and last I heard was heavy into the local Steampunk scene.  You probably already know him.

I got to spin with him once at The Phoenix Cafe before my friend made it a barber shop and before when Mike Wiggins still was running the joint some 10 years ago.  Later, I ran into him at my friend's wedding as they'd booked him as their DJ, which was awesome because I didn't really know anyone and it was fun to catch up.

1 minute ago, Scary Guy said:

I don't know if you have a DJ in mind but I'd be happy to offer my services.  Though I recommend Tomey Tuney as he's a legitimate wedding DJ (I did Norm's wedding and they loved it, but I'm more of a club guy) and last I heard was heavy into the local Steampunk scene.  You probably already know him.

I got to spin with him once at The Phoenix Cafe before my friend made it a barber shop and before when Mike Wiggins still was running the joint some 10 years ago.  Later, I ran into him at my friend's wedding as they'd booked him as their DJ, which was awesome because I didn't really know anyone and it was fun to catch up.

Thanks man.  I'll keep that in mind.  We have been talking with a group in the Michigan Steampunk Society known as The Fireball Federation.  We haven't been able to lock anything down though and it is a drive for them so they might decide not to do it.  We will keep you posted though.

• 1 month later...