what are you doing right now? (cont'd)

TronRP

Filling out applications and printing tax forms from my brokerage account now that I got my W-2's. I want a good chunk of money on it's way, even though my dividend gains will reduce the return, before I jump this sinking ship.

I was just told my hours are getting cut. They're taking Fridays, my busiest day, away because they don't see me doing anything (fucking WHAT?!) The translation is, I don't help with picking up customer orders. Like that's NOT my fucking job, who is going to do shipping, pulling no bids from the shelves, and relisting all the old shit that falls through the cracks and clutters up the shelves because nobody else wants to do their jobs right?

Me thinks it's time for a surprise vacation for a week and let them feel the pain of my absence, and experience all the wasteful shit I have to do that bogs me down because I can't do my job before I do an entire team's job first for them.

12 hours ago, SlavicGoth said:

A Lithuanian artist Somnaic One will be at city club tonight. Techno and industrial. Im getting ready to go to support my Lithuanian people 

That's actually something I would have been quite interested in seeing. Late wife was from Lithuania originally. If only I could get a night out for once when something cool to my interests actually happens.

I've got too much going on and this barometric pressure has my head swelling at various impact point.  Right now, I'm working and miserable.  But this warm drink is working on keeping my nerves calm...so yay for that.

:coffee:

Just rage quit. After everything this past week they answered back with a write up because I had to leave to get my kids before daycare charged me late fees instead of helping a customer. Took that write up and handed it right back to the General Manager and told her, "My time will be better spent sitting on my couch on indeed than this. Good luck."

Fuck a 2 week notice if they're going to be like this. Watch the place fall apart at Liquid Bidding Flint's warehouse.

On 1/21/2024 at 10:41 AM, know_buddy_kares said:

That's actually something I would have been quite interested in seeing. Late wife was from Lithuania originally. If only I could get a night out for once when something cool to my interests actually happens.

Oh my God the places was flooded and a mess from all the weather. The current entrance was blocked up and had to enter by the smoke area. The original entrance by the parking. 

26 minutes ago, SlavicGoth said:

Oh my God the places was flooded and a mess from all the weather. The current entrance was blocked up and had to enter by the smoke area. The original entrance by the parking. 

Not surprised. Hell back in 2010 I was playing around with the idea of starting an eco system in the flooded parts that could sustain an alligator and just.. let nature do it's thing. Obviously never got around to it, anything I needed, like plants and small animals and fish to start needed too much sunlight.

Still, I would have liked to seen it. I MIGHT get out this weekend. It all depends on if I can have the kids do an overnight with my mom. I'm still decompressing what all has been happening this month at work. I'm glad I'm gone. It wasn't exactly how I wanted it to go, I do prefer to give 2 week notices, but how Management responded to me trying to work with them to identify the serious ongoing problems that are sinking that ship, I have no regrets, I still left on my term. That write up was a message to shut the fuck up and do extra work while still axing my hours down to 30 a week. Now the auction is tonight, and nobody is going to know where anything is, and nobody knows how to do my job. I don't expect them to call me, but would not be surprised if I get a ring on Monday. I doubt it though. GM has her click, favoritism is blatant, and I'm tired of cleaning up after those chuckle fucks. Now I have personal time, an oz of indica to sooth my PTSD and anxiety, and a few days of R&R to see if I can get out this weekend or not.

13 hours ago, SlavicGoth said:

Pipe must have burst again.  I remember a story of water cascading down the stairs, but that's when it got super cold everything froze.  I guess the thaw took it out instead.

I should go just so I can use the normal entrance again.

I just logged back onto Twitter for the first time since early to mid high school. Ive been constantly getting attempted log in emails. This moring someone form Spain tried to get into it. And im here looking over this cringe fest. And also looking at little baby emo me in some old ass pictures I didn't know still existed.

3 hours ago, Burrich1 said:

Sitting in the fog at the UFO factory with my wife, who seems mildly annoyed at being here. And debating getting a hot dog. 

Well that explains where much of the scene was.  I probably should have gone to that.  Maybe next time.

2 minutes ago, et-novum said:

Whatcha learnin' about? Or are you being vague on purpose and it's meant to be a mystery

~~~~~

My brother-in-law is teaching me a lot of tech jargon and how to use various search engine A.I.s.

:biggrin:

6 hours ago, gwen said:

you seem like such a cool/nice person. wonder if we ever met.

~~~~~

Thank you for the compliment.

You would definitely know if we've ever met before.  I'm either 100% on the dancefloor or have received a personal invitation to meet or it would have been at The Gathering at The Red Apple.

I've been told I'm an experience.

:rofl:

20 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

My brother-in-law is teaching me a lot of tech jargon and how to use various search engine A.I.s.

:biggrin:

Is that different than the typical boolean search commands?

I figured AI would be better at showing you the content you actually want to see.  However I haven't tried it and they aren't interested in showing you anything you actually want to see anyway.  All you get are ads and blogspam.

14 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Is that different than the typical boolean search commands?

I figured AI would be better at showing you the content you actually want to see.  However I haven't tried it and they aren't interested in showing you anything you actually want to see anyway.  All you get are ads and blogspam.

~~~~~

They way he used it took him directly to a relevant list of topics.  He uses Bing.  He also knows I shun the talking programs.  But sometimes, they actually are necessary.

44 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

They way he used it took him directly to a relevant list of topics.  He uses Bing.  He also knows I shun the talking programs.  But sometimes, they actually are necessary.

There's one I saw on F-Droid that may be of interest: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/edu.cmu.pocketsphinx.demo/

Not that I trust it completely, but I trust it more than anything else currently out there.

27 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

There's one I saw on F-Droid that may be of interest: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/edu.cmu.pocketsphinx.demo/

Not that I trust it completely, but I trust it more than anything else currently out there.

~~~~~

OK...due to my dyslexia, I already have issues when it comes to reading, but something here is off...

"Versions

Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that."

Again, it could just be me...:blink:

3 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

OK...due to my dyslexia, I already have issues when it comes to reading, but something here is off...

"Versions

Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that."

Again, it could just be me...:blink:

No, you're right.  You should use the official F-Droid client on your phone instead of downloading the APK directly for the app.

Not that I trust F-Droid completely either, but I do trust it more than any other online store.  For example, I've disabled Google Play on my phone.

Just came back from my first interview. It could only fail in poetic ways. Classic bait and switch tactic. They offered $19.00 an hour on indeed, and wanted to hire me at $12.50 despite my experience to such a roll. I actually laughed at his face when he said that quote and looked him in the eye and said, "$19.00 an hour or I will have to decline your offer" and as he responded my phone chimed. So right in the middle of his boomer "nobody wants to work" rant I just check my phone. Another employer response from indeed. Before he could reprimand me for doing this in the interview I simply told him another offer has come in and I can't take this offer seriously anymore and walked out. The timing was epic honestly. Now I'm scheduling another interview in Saginaw.