what are you doing right now? (cont'd)

TronRP

On an 8 hour shift with absolutely fuck all to do again. There's only so much digging and researching to do on my stock positions, still taking a huge break from social media (at least Facebook) and Twitter girl got jealous as fuck and blocked me on Twitter. Fucking weird, but now I got one less person to bullshit with on these boring ass shifts. So just sat here thinking of things to occupy my time with.

Been on auto insurance quotes for the past 7 hours trying to  assist my niece in finding affordable coverage.  This sucks for young people in Michigan.  Then it's compounded by living in the city of Detroit. 

:wallbash:

Yeah insurance is fucking ridiculous here. Paying the same amount for liability, what I did for full coverage back in 2004.  I just opted to not have insurance now, and told the company expressly so. Like not an accident or traffic fine in over 7 years, but gotta pay $121 a month. The fuck happened here?

Due to the power going out at the dealership, they were not able to get to my vehicle yesterday, so I just called to end the time on the KIA LXS that I had to rent on Monday.  Just in case, I now have it rented out until Monday the 19th.

I miss my TRUCK!!!

45 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Due to the power going out at the dealership, they were not able to get to my vehicle yesterday, so I just called to end the time on the KIA LXS that I had to rent on Monday.  Just in case, I now have it rented out until Monday the 19th.

I miss my TRUCK!!!

~~~~~

Correcting the fact that Monday will be May 20th.

I'm crazy right now...which is just a bit calmer than my normal.

:biggrin:

I'm testing my tape deck after oiling it and re-adjusting the speed pot. I'm playing Early Moods' self titled album, and the forward direction sounds fine. But I can't quite tell if there's a wow and flutter problem in the reverse direction. I have a really bad ear for tone and pitch. I could use a spectral plot for the speed adjustment but not so much for this 😕

Finally getting things streamlined.  Just need to wait until tomorrow so I will know which direction my truck will be towed in.

Settling in from a very busy day of auto repair. rental car return and late afternoon yardwork that just wrapped up a little before 10pm.

Now it's time for food and beverage.

:biggrin:

Just south of Cleveland walkin' up in the woods @ dæmn near 2 o'clock in the mornin'

I like these f♤€k¡ⁿ' spots up in the interior of urban/suburban areas, smack in the middle of very developed lands but are themselves untouched enuff 4 u to walk just 20 feet and end up in 100% wilderness. 

On 5/7/2024 at 11:58 PM, TronRP said:

Been on auto insurance quotes for the past 7 hours trying to  assist my niece in finding affordable coverage.  This sucks for young people in Michigan.  Then it's compounded by living in the city of Detroit. 

:wallbash:

Point me in the direction of that affordable coverage yo. I gots to be all like, dropping my insurance policy on an expensive ass Cadillac and finding new insurance as part of the whole liquidating and vaporizing my current living situation or wtf ever it is you call it lol.

1 minute ago, WhiteLines said:

Point me in the direction of that affordable coverage yo. I gots to be all like, dropping my insurance policy on an expensive ass Cadillac and finding new insurance as part of the whole liquidating and vaporizing my current living situation or wtf ever it is you call it lol.

~~~~~

The best one I was referred to is CURE.com.  I'm actually thinking of changing over to them.  They cover drivers as young as 17 and don't care about your credit score to make their decision.

The only issue is, if you use your vehicle for commercial purposes like food delivery and the likes, they won't cover you.  That's the only problem I have with them.

The quote they were able to give my niece took her current coverage form $5000+ for 6 months to $915 for a 6-month coverage.  She would have to change her job to get it, however.

2 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

The best one I was referred to is CURE.com.  I'm actually thinking of changing over to them.  They cover drivers as young as 17 and don't care about your credit score to make their decision.

The only issue is, if you use your vehicle for commercial purposes like food delivery and the likes, they won't cover you.  That's the only problem I have with them.

The quote they were able to give my niece took her current coverage form $5000+ for 6 months to $915 for a 6-month coverage.  She would have to change her job to get it, however.

Cool, i dont use my Escalade for work... it's only for lookin' sick & black, that and going way too fvçk¡ŋ' fast with zero regards for reasonable traffic laws. I will check it out for sure. If they quote me anything less than what i spend on gasoline over a 72 hours timeframe then its a win win!

2 hours ago, TronRP said:

@WhiteLines

If you do decide to use CURE, they have a referral program.  I can DM you the information to fill in.

Why is it called CURE? The company wasn't founded by band  members from The Cure was it?

1 hour ago, WhiteLines said:

Why is it called CURE? The company wasn't founded by band  members from The Cure was it?

I was thinking it was related to health insurance.  That's really kind of a misleading name.

What I'm wondering is if the app is required, and if so if it then uses GPS to track you while you drive and the accelerometer to detect hard breaking etc...

Right now some companies have that or the sensor that plugs into your ODBII port and it's "we'll give you a discount if you use it!" and...  once enough people do then if/when they'll make them mandatory.

52 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

I was thinking it was related to health insurance.  That's really kind of a misleading name.

Well all in all, i hope they'll have a cure for failing piston rings, or a physical therapy program to help aide the recovery for "Service Stabilitrac System"... at least an experimental vaccine to cure burning off a quart of 5w30 motor oil every time my foot hits the floorboard as if it were a lead boat anchor being thrown off the empire state building lol.

4 hours ago, TronRP said:

@WhiteLinesWhiteLinesy

If you do decide to use CURE, they have a referral program.  I can DM you the information to fill in.

Yuh broh, go on an' hit me with that 411 in tha DM. Sooner i can abandon my current policy the better.

3 hours ago, kat said:

I have them, too. Can't beat the price.

How's the coverage tho? Kinda basic nuts and bolts insurance like, or... has it got some decent perks along with it? Will they insure any contraband inside the vehicle as well, maybe reimburse market value on anything seized by authorities? Huh, wtf... nobody does that, damn maybe someone aughta market that idea. But no really, how do you rate the insurance overall?