The Internet Is Dying - Get Involved.

We were asleep when the shitbag currently running the FCC sold the internet to the highest bidder, this is probably our last chance to save it from becoming owed by these traitors. The vote is TOMORROW.  If you actually care call too. This is a HUGE deal. ONE VOTE AWAY from repealing.

Sign this today: https://stopthefcc.net/?source=5PFAW

safe_image.png

I find it interesting that the site mentions: "One or more of the participating organizations (listed at bottom) may email you about their campaigns."  But in filling out this form, you are basically giving them written permission.  I would be caution to make sure this is real.

746758136_NetNeutrality051518.jpg

Last I knew Net neutrality was repealed over a year ago and all it did was allow the fcc to start enforcing old laws that net neutrality actually protected the coms from allowing them to to legally start restricting FOS. The current attempt is to label them like the telecoms so that you can not be denied service because of an opinion. Once that happens Alphabet, Facebook and Twitters assholes are going to bleed or become pay services.

Did you notice that there is not ONE single conservative or libertarian organization listed in the partners list?

Can you honestly say that any libertarians want you screwed? Are all conservatives bad people?

I hate to say this but let the fcc do their job and stop google from shitting on us by plugging its ass with a big ol first amendment dick.

All I'm saying is this particular site looks like a campaign scam.

It is true that Net Neutrality is going before Congress today for decision making purposes, but it also appears that some people are trying to use mass hysteria to their advantage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 10:32 PM, Vater Araignee said:

Last I knew Net neutrality was repealed over a year ago and all it did was allow the fcc to start enforcing old laws that net neutrality actually protected the coms from allowing them to to legally start restricting FOS. The current attempt is to label them like the telecoms so that you can not be denied service because of an opinion. Once that happens Alphabet, Facebook and Twitters assholes are going to bleed or become pay services.

Did you notice that there is not ONE single conservative or libertarian organization listed in the partners list?

Can you honestly say that any libertarians want you screwed? Are all conservatives bad people?

I hate to say this but let the fcc do their job and stop google from shitting on us by plugging its ass with a big ol first amendment dick.

All? no.  Most? No.  Misinformed? Yes. 

I received this message:

A victory for net neutrality!
Yahoo/Inbox

•  
Office of Senator Stabenow <newsletter@stabenow.senate.gov>
To:trene4000

May 17 at 5:36 PM

email-header-top09.gif

Dear Trenesa,

I’m writing to share some great news! Yesterday, the Senate passed a resolution to reinstate the net neutrality rules that guarantee free and open access to the internet for all Americans.

I was proud to coauthor the resolution the Senate passed. This is a great victory for Michigan’s students, businesses, and families! 

We would not have won without your support. Your emails, calls, letters, and social media posts made the difference.  So thank you for speaking out!  As this moves to the House for consideration, I hope you’ll continue to make your voice heard.

As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me to share your opinions or if I can be of assistance to you or your family.

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator 

This message was sent to: trene4000@yahoo.com. If you would prefer not to receive updates like this in the future, please click here , which will take you off the list for future updates from my office.

U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow
The United States Senate • Washington, DC 20510
stabenow.senate.gov

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we did win. No more net neutrality. And yet like before, no one with the ability to pay is being denied access. Free and open access is not what net neutrality was about.

1. It was about not charging people who had high data consumption more than the people who used less.

(like the guy who watches streaming 4k all day or or the dude selling pirate dvds and is constantly downloading and deleting to save hd space)

2. It was also about not charging people more for reducing the overall bandwidth availability for everyone than the people who stayed at or below the expected bandwidth share.

(like the 100's of families of 4 around me, all watching netflix on different tvs)

Since net neutrality infrastructure hardwire expansion and improvement has slowed to a crawl, where as cellular expansion had boomed because of the "already excepted by the population" pricing scheme.

The real problem is the government sanctioned monopolies. How many hardwired isp choices do you have? Two if you are lucky and they aren't comparable. One can deliver up to 100 mbs depending on equipment and bandwidth availability, the other up to 3 mbs is advertised it is unshared but depends on the quality of the coper wire and distance between you and the phone company hub. Oh and there is a maximum distance you can be from the hub, if you are outside the range your choices are cable if available and standard dial up. Dial up HAHAHAHAHA I am the only person I know with a non voip home phone. Hell My father and I are the only people I know with a home phone.

Back to government sanctioned monopolies. When I lived in Brighton my next door neighbor and I had different cable companies and we literally could not switch. We where in apartments but because of where the arbitrary border landed....

Then there is satellite, if you check out the maps, in most areas  there is no overlap of company coverage. Once you look at those maps and see that the coverage areas are not circles you start to understand that once again you have a government sanctioned monopoly. Oh and the one time I bothered to call up my would be provider to find out how much satellite internet would cost I ended up asking them If they wanted my first born too.

Break up those area monopolies and watch competition drive down prices.