Well it all depends. We commonly mistake wyverns for dragons, which leads to confusion. A note worthy example is from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. With the design being a set of wings and legs, it should be classified as Wyvern. But that doesn't make the game any less awesome though

2 hours ago, firekitten15 said:

I look my dragons up on Google (^.^)

We are talking about... Imaginary creatures, right?  (You'd be surprised)

I really like dragons.  The housespiral.com 'sigil' is a  dragon-like creature.   I have figurines and all sorts of random dragon stuff.  Although I honestly don't like seeing a ton of dragons in anything like stories and movies and things.  I like them being sort of rare and mysterious.  Not ... oh look ANOTHER DRAGON YAWN.  It should be like 'omg! a dragon!" like a once in a lifetime experience for a character. The awe-inspiring nature of dragons just gets lost to hell if they are constantly shown all the time. 

There is an interesting game that has no fighting, no real leveling, no points system for Android called "Merge Dragons"  I wish the graphics were better but it's a neat idea, sadly it's another 'dragons are cuddly' type thing but its still a neat game.  'War Dragons', on the other hand, is more like 'real' dragons probably would be ,  you know... dangerous and kinda scary, not like pet dogs. :rant::tongue:

21 minutes ago, Justin_Mystix said:

Well it all depends. We commonly mistake wyverns for dragons, which leads to confusion. A note worthy example is from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. With the design being a set of wings and legs, it should be classified as Wyvern. But that doesn't make the game any less awesome though

First off ... Hi! Nice to see a new person.

The few books I have on dragons use 'dragon' as a generalized term for  "A dragon is a large, serpent-like legendary creature that appears in the folklore of many cultures around the world."  The individual 'types' are then broken down under that like a family tree.   First time I've heard the idea that "dragon" is something specific, rather than a generalized term.  Interesting.    *thinks*

26 minutes ago, Troy Spiral said:

I like them being sort of rare and mysterious.  Not ... oh look ANOTHER DRAGON YAWN.  It should be like 'omg! a dragon!" like a once in a lifetime experience for a character. The awe-inspiring nature of dragons just gets lost to hell if they are constantly shown all the time. 

...Should I stop posting Pictures of dragons and move on to another mythological/imaginary creature? XD

1 hour ago, Troy Spiral said:

We are talking about... Imaginary creatures, right?  (You'd be surprised)

I really like dragons.  The housespiral.com 'sigil' is a  dragon-like creature.   I have figurines and all sorts of random dragon stuff.  Although I honestly don't like seeing a ton of dragons in anything like stories and movies and things.  I like them being sort of rare and mysterious.  Not ... oh look ANOTHER DRAGON YAWN.  It should be like 'omg! a dragon!" like a once in a lifetime experience for a character. The awe-inspiring nature of dragons just gets lost to hell if they are constantly shown all the time. 

There is an interesting game that has no fighting, no real leveling, no points system for Android called "Merge Dragons"  I wish the graphics were better but it's a neat idea, sadly it's another 'dragons are cuddly' type thing but its still a neat game.  'War Dragons', on the other hand, is more like 'real' dragons probably would be ,  you know... dangerous and kinda scary, not like pet dogs. :rant::tongue:

I started with collecting the D&D dragons Grenadier was putting out back in the late 80's early 90's.  Still have them too.  Then it went to statuettes.  It's how I got my nickname Draco.

2 hours ago, Justin_Mystix said:

Your description is modern mythos.

The Dacian Draco is at least as old as 1st century AD, it has a wolves head and it does not have wings or legs yet it was called Draco (Latin) or Drakon (Greek). One could also go into the fact that Europeans excepted the Asian counterparts as dragons before the "European dragon" had its modern form. Evry time my father acquires a new sculpture, picture, book, etc of a dragon of lore I get to hear at least a 2 hour lecture on its cultural history, connections to heroes and other cultures. Like Vahan Vishpakag {I know I mutilated that} (the dragon reaper) commonly shown choking the dragon Yereven is really Hercules and Yereven is the Hisperian Dragon or Drakon Hisperios named Ladon that we simply call the Hydra tho a hydra is a type of dragon not a specific one.

Back to dragons with no legs and no wings... This explains why a synonym for dragon is worm or wyrm.

And I'm done before I delete this a write a ten thousand word treatise on the subject.

9 hours ago, Trene4000 said:

Rookie error.  You click the quote button at the bottom.

9 hours ago, firekitten15 said:

I look my dragons up on Google (^.^)

firekitten didn't make a rookie mistake.  I showed her how to do a shout out that sends a notification to someone without necessarily quoting their post.  Sometimes a post may be really long and you just want to catch that member's attention to state something or you may want a member to see a post that you made regarding them in a totally unrelated thread.  At that point you just type "@" and their name, then select it from the list that shows up.  The member is notified that someone has mentioned them and they can follow that notification to the posting that was made.

Just some member insider information :wink

On 4/10/2018 at 7:55 PM, firekitten15 said:

...Should I stop posting Pictures of dragons and move on to another mythological/imaginary creature? XD

No no.  That was just a commentary on this new thing were dragons are EVERYWHERE dulling their coolness by being so common.   I've been a huge fan of the things since forever.  :)

On 4/11/2018 at 2:52 AM, TronRP said:

firekitten didn't make a rookie mistake.  I showed her how to do a shout out that sends a notification to someone without necessarily quoting their post.  Sometimes a post may be really long and you just want to catch that member's attention to state something or you may want a member to see a post that you made regarding them in a totally unrelated thread.  At that point you just type "@" and their name, then select it from the list that shows up.  The member is notified that someone has mentioned them and they can follow that notification to the posting that was made.

Just some member insider information :wink

I tried to fix the quote box so that its actually...  a whole box instead of this thing *points slightly up* that has no bottom 'line' making it clear that the quote is over.   I'll have to say also they snuck the facebook style  @TronRP tagging thing in on me.   I'm guessing it was around longer than I started using it (first time I noticed its existence was like a year ago). 

On 4/10/2018 at 8:31 PM, Draco1958 said:

I started with collecting the D&D dragons Grenadier was putting out back in the late 80's early 90's.  Still have them too.  Then it went to statuettes.  It's how I got my nickname Draco.

Yeah, this one here  (Draco)  has  'dragon' RIGHT IN HIS NAME.   So you might guess he likes dragons.  

grenadier miniatures.  Holy shit.  They used to be awesome.  They had these KICK ASS catalogs filled with the things.  The company folded after a pretty long run.  Shame.