My Laundry Issue

Okay I need some advice. I just got back from the laundry mat.  Carrying  three large loads of laundry.  I am paying on the average around $16.00 to $20.00 a week to do my laundry. Most weeks it is $20.00.  And still I end up bring home laundry that is not fully dry because the dryers don't dry all the way and I have to keep shoving money into them. I don't have the money to buy a new washer & dryer. I have found used ones for sale but have no way of picking them up and getting them to my place. I have even asked people and so far no one has been able to help me. I didn't want to go this rout, but I am considering getting a washer & dryer from a rent-center place. I looked at prices on the website and it looks like I would be paying basically what I pay every week to go to the laundry mat. But I know that these places over charge you for the wash & dryer, and that it would be a better deal to simply buy your own. But like I said I am unable to do that at this time. I also don't like the ideal of having another bill due every month and how much more is a wash & dryer going to add to my electric bill. But is is becoming more and more of a pain loading up laundry to take the the laundry mat every week. So I don't know. What do you guys think? Is a rent a center washer & dryer worth it? Or should I just tough it out until I can buy a set paid in full?

My friend leased a computer years ago from a place like this and it was infested with roaches. (True story)

You usually are getting something likely that has been in someone else's house and never know what it was exposed to. I would maybe check Craigslist or something it will save you money in the long run. 

I understand how you feel though, you need something and can't buy it outright and it's kinda inconveniencing you by having to drag things in and out every week, specifically when you have little ones too.

It's a bitch. Good luck.

Edited by kat

Thanks for your input. I am think that rent center thing is not the way I want to go. There are rent a center trucks pulling in and out of the apartment complex where I live nearly every week.

Roaches in a computer! :ohmy:

Edited by LadyKay

If it is just an issue of picking it up, Home Depot and Lowe's both rent pickup trucks by the hour and I am sure we could figure out a few helpers.  I don't have a truck or else I would offer it to you.  I do have a load dolly that is available if needed and I am willing to help with I am not working when you need help.

22 hours ago, michael840 said:

If it is just an issue of picking it up, Home Depot and Lowe's both rent pickup trucks by the hour and I am sure we could figure out a few helpers.  I don't have a truck or else I would offer it to you.  I do have a load dolly that is available if needed and I am willing to help with I am not working when you need help.

Thank you that is very nice of you but right now I am in Ohio. That maybe a little to far for you to drive. LOL It will be okay, going to the laundry  mat for a little bit longer won't kill me.

Edited by LadyKay

On 1/17/2016 at 11:50 PM, michael840 said:

It would give me an excuse to go visit my family.  Might as well just drive the rest of the way to PA.  lol

Take me! Lol

Seriously 3 out of my 8 siblings live in Ohio, Cincinnati area though. Milford, I think. Lol

Hell, I'll go anywhere longs as it's not Bitchigan. Just leave me somewhere, I'll figure it out later.  The price of car insurance here is about 136 percent above the national average, we are highest in the country, NY is like 44 percent above national and they come in at number 2, Miami..3rd, around 38 percent above average, but still, like we are so ridiculous here and we have terrible public transportation here, also it's getting to be very expensive to get by as a single person here, rent alone is ridiculous in suburban area's and the city is climbing closer in rent and home ownership. Also, my career is dead and buried here, I could start fresh somewhere else.

I apologize for going off topic. 

Edited by kat

20 hours ago, kat said:

Did you get a decent deal?

Found someone to help me out. More like they found me. Facebook friend messaged me asking if I got the washier to my place yet. Told her no. She made some phone calls and said they will be here on Saturday.

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Found someone to help me out. More like they found me. Facebook friend messaged me asking if I got the washier to my place yet. Told her no. She made some phone calls and said they will be here on Saturday.

:jamingood deal;) Its nice to have people willing to help. 

I didn't mean to freak you guys out about the roach thing, it was probably a rare, freak situation. My brother has a bedroom set from Aaron's, which is a bit cheaper than rent a center and he's paying like 137 dollar's a month. He still owes like a thousand bucks and he's been paying for it over a year. 

14 hours ago, kat said:

:jamingood deal;) Its nice to have people willing to help. 

I didn't mean to freak you guys out about the roach thing, it was probably a rare, freak situation. My brother has a bedroom set from Aaron's, which is a bit cheaper than rent a center and he's paying like 137 dollar's a month. He still owes like a thousand bucks and he's been paying for it over a year. 

omg she said roaches again   *runs*