What religion / Spirtual Path ... ?

My theory is that faith, no matter what or who you call you're God and goddesses is so very important. I faltered for awhile and I noticed that I am just not a happy person when I forget my faith. I basically just believe in the love and light, treat others how you want to be treated, be mindful. I am naturally connected to Christianity in a lot of ways but I find that I cannot believe things that many churches preach about, therefore I have my own way, my own unique relationship with God. I think that the big thing we as humans are too caught up on is the question of who is right, does God exist, why would someone do such cruel things. I did too, but I realize that we can't just blame God for all the bad, we can't get caught up in the but this horrible thing happened 20 years ago and therefore there is no God. Ok, if that is true what about the good things in life? I turned my negative, why did God choose me to go through this mindset and I truly believe that, based on looking back at all the things in my life that were painful and seemed cruel were really just tests, it was setting me up for something I would be going through in the future. For example, my mom couldn't get a tree and Xmas gifts all the time, I was the oldest too so if one went without it was me...I hated being the little girl who didn't get a gift or who got mine returned so mom could feed us, as a result I ended up getting used to it, I was humbled and Xmas was like whatever to me. I didn't know why I had to be different than all the other kids, but fast forward to the day my daughters dad died, Xmas Eve 1996. 19 years to the day and about the same time as I post this, ironically. He died. I was hurt, devasted, but I didn't feel like oh Xmas is ruined because it is just a day, I grieved him, not the day and in hindsight instead of blaming God, I view what I dealt with as a child as a sign that it was necessary for me to go through these things in order to pull out the strength inside of me to prevail and carry on. I guess in summary, I truly believe that everything does happen for a reason, though it may seem shitty when it is happening, it is preparing you for life. I was equipt to handle what I did, I don't ask why me anymore I just look at the situation and find out what I am to take from life's lessons and I look for signs, some people who pray become frustrated and feel like they never got an answer but I believe that we do if we look carefully and look at different things to find the answers out, I mean, it's like a puzzle, once we can make all the pieces that fit the answers are in the picture itself. 

But, that's just me. I say do what works if you are not doing any harm and you feel complete than that is what is amazing.

Edited by kat

My family has a very strong Druid heritage.  We have traced my family directly back to King Sweeney of North Eastern Ireland.  He was the last of the Druid kings who kept the vikings out of Ireland.  Due to witch hunts and christian/catholic pressure, beliefs and practices had to be modified and hidden.  I grew up going to church being told it was just to be social so that people didn't think we were different.  I personally lean towards the more modern Wiccan beliefs.  Since I was taught from very old practices though it does tend to make things difficult to go into full detail.  Since our beliefs had to be hidden and the fact that the Cults didn't have a written language, everything is passed down by stories and word of mouth.  We also make a point of keeping balance in power as far as men and women by the way we teach.  Men can only learn the practices from a woman and visa versa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2015 at 1:39 PM, LadyKay said:

I have chosen to follow the teachings of Christ. I try to anyway. I don't think I have any "mystic" concepts. Except I am sure I have seen fairies. But no one believes me when I tell them so I don't talk too much about it.

The term mystic might be .... "wrong sounding" but  I'm just using it there as  "no explainable via rational scientific thought per se"  so Christianity would fall under that.   

Also I've seen all KINDS of crazy stuff.... not so sure I can trust my senses though. 

I'm a rationalist or skeptic, but  I believe in meditative states and kundalini syndrome, because I have had both happen to me.  I can't offer any objective proof, and would rather that people left my brain alone if I was to die or something.  I've been in countless meditative states or samadhis.  I also lean towards the idea that enlightenment is real, and exists as a rare medical condition and perpetual blissful near death experience.  I have ticks that come and go after accidentally bringing kundalini syndrome on myself in 2011.  I mostly don't meditate, or mess around with some of the techniques that I used to, there are aspects of meditation that scare me.  I think if enlightenment is real, realizing it would probably involve moments of absolute fear, since that I think that the type of meditation necessary to realize it is related to near death experience.

On 12/25/2015 at 8:24 PM, kat said:

My theory is that faith, no matter what or who you call you're God and goddesses is so very important. I faltered for awhile and I noticed that I am just not a happy person when I forget my faith. I basically just believe in the love and light, treat others how you want to be treated, be mindful. I am naturally connected to Christianity in a lot of ways but I find that I cannot believe things that many churches preach about, therefore I have my own way, my own unique relationship with God. I think that the big thing we as humans are too caught up on is the question of who is right, does God exist, why would someone do such cruel things. I did too, but I realize that we can't just blame God for all the bad, we can't get caught up in the but this horrible thing happened 20 years ago and therefore there is no God. Ok, if that is true what about the good things in life? I turned my negative, why did God choose me to go through this mindset and I truly believe that, based on looking back at all the things in my life that were painful and seemed cruel were really just tests, it was setting me up for something I would be going through in the future. For example, my mom couldn't get a tree and Xmas gifts all the time, I was the oldest too so if one went without it was me...I hated being the little girl who didn't get a gift or who got mine returned so mom could feed us, as a result I ended up getting used to it, I was humbled and Xmas was like whatever to me. I didn't know why I had to be different than all the other kids, but fast forward to the day my daughters dad died, Xmas Eve 1996. 19 years to the day and about the same time as I post this, ironically. He died. I was hurt, devasted, but I didn't feel like oh Xmas is ruined because it is just a day, I grieved him, not the day and in hindsight instead of blaming God, I view what I dealt with as a child as a sign that it was necessary for me to go through these things in order to pull out the strength inside of me to prevail and carry on. I guess in summary, I truly believe that everything does happen for a reason, though it may seem shitty when it is happening, it is preparing you for life. I was equipt to handle what I did, I don't ask why me anymore I just look at the situation and find out what I am to take from life's lessons and I look for signs, some people who pray become frustrated and feel like they never got an answer but I believe that we do if we look carefully and look at different things to find the answers out, I mean, it's like a puzzle, once we can make all the pieces that fit the answers are in the picture itself. 

But, that's just me. I say do what works if you are not doing any harm and you feel complete than that is what is amazing.

This is a hard once since we can "blame" god for both all the bad and all the good , theoretically.   So he does (or allows) good things to happen and horrible shit like oh say.. the holocaust to happen.    That is hard to reconcile.   We tend to give god credit  for the good and NOT blame him for the bad , at least that's the way my upbringing always went.   Praise Jesus! When say... one baby survives a plane crash... what about the plane crash and all the other dead bodies?  It's a complicated thing. 

• 3 weeks later...