Trying to make a little extra money

I've talked about this before but it really is a decent thing, not epic but decent. It has helped me a bit.

I have bad PTSD depression/anxeity and several other problems which make a regular "schedule" very hard to keep. My disability doesn't really cover all the bills.  I've tried to go back to work  7 times and each time its ended in various (bad) ways.  Mostly due to just too much stress , deadlines are especially scary for some reason.

Recently I've tried Uber Driving which basicly you just turn the app on, and if anyone wants a ride it tells you were they are and you go get them.  Then you can either keep driving or just stop, so the deadline issue is minimal.  Don't get me wrong i still get stressed out but its been helpful to make a few dollars here and there.  One girl gave me a 25 dollar tip (although tips are not stressed with uber).    

If a non-schedule is something you might be interested in I'd check it out.  Also you could just TAKE an uber ride for free with my driver code.     Uber Website My driver code : ghrjp    anyone can use that code all it says is "troy gave me this" it works for both 1 free ride and if you decide to be a driver. 

Edited by Troy Spiral

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, sekhmet2002 said:

Mind  you, now that they have cut the rates AGAIN, it's not helping me out quite as much as it used to. *sigh*

Yeah that pay cut sucked.  Although at least in detroit on saturday its still (fairly) decent money.   Still worth doing, just frustrating that them douchebags cut the pay and STILL haven't added a tip option to the rider app.