This Is unfair I Think

So I am staying with my inlaws. I am paying for my stay here. My mother in law is keeping track of how much she spends on groceries and I am suppose to pay half of it. She buys whatever she wants to buy and adds up the bill and tells me I owe half. Well yesterday afternoon she told me she was going out for a bit and would be back later. She came back about an hour later with a bag of groceries. She asked me when she was going to be getting paid. I just sort of looked at her. Then she stared yelling saying "the more I have to spend on groceries the more you are going to owe." Okay now....

1. I had no ideal she was going to the store.

2. I went to the store a few days ago and bought a whole cart load of my own food.

3. I did NOT ask her to go buy anything for me. She just went on her own.

4. I have no clue as to what she even bought or how much it cost.

I don't think it is fair. If I don't have money to get something at the store I just do with out. But her she is running out to the store on her own by her own free will then telling me I need to pay her money for it. I mean what is to stop this person from going to the store everyday for stuff I can't afford then telling me I own her money for it? I do not think this "you pay for half the grocery bill arrangement is going to work nor do I think it is a fair arrangement if stuff like this is going to happen.

Umm... is she bipolar?

LOL It has been strange here. Very strange. And I really mean that. Because there are times when everything is so normal and everyone is happy and laughing and getting along just fine. Then she will turn around and become this crazy lady. I don't know.