How About Some Family Drama Cause Im Bored

My husband's cousin has been living with a women for like 10 years. The women has a daughter who was 3 years old when they met and moved in with him. The daughter is now 13 years old and calls her mother's boyfriend "dad". Since he was the only father she has ever known. Last month he broke up with this women and she and her daughter moved out of the house. He went off to Vegas and got married to some women he had been dating for like 3 months. I don't really care but I feel bad for the 13 year old girl. She has always seen him as her father and now he is gone. She is a very nice young girl and always came over for holidays with him and always called him dad. That's got to be a hard thing to deal with at the age of 13.

Someone please keep an eye on this little one. Please talk with her on a regular basis and listen to all she has to say. Interact with her continuously and let her know the feelings she is experiencing is not new. Let her know that having negative emotions is OK, just find a productive outlet for them. The next few years will determine the type of adult she will grow into. Best it should be a positive and loving one.

More often than not, people overlook preteens and dismiss their cries for love and acceptance as "acting out". You only get one chance to be a positive influence in a child's life. Too often it is missed and everyone ends up wondering what happened to that beautiful child that once was.

• 1 month later...