Disney buys Lucasfilm

Everything's going to depend on how Disney handles the director question. If they show the same adventurousness that the producers of the Harry Potter series - or even the Alien series, for that matter - did, they could come up with some masterpieces. I'd LOVE to see Alfonso Cuaron do at least one of them.

bottom line: fingers crossed.

Disney CAN make good movies, but it will be the question if Disney and Star Wars go together somehow ...

This is true.... the Pirates of the Carrabian movies were good and kind of in the same vein as starwars.... so there is a chance.

offtopic.gifOn a different note, this makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes, especially after the Jim Henson thing.

Disney seems to be becoming a collector of icons and it makes me wonder if there is a hidden motive or if they are just trying to recapture the glory days of the Walt Disney era...

offtopic.gifOn a different note, this makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes, especially after the Jim Henson thing.

Disney seems to be becoming a collector of icons and it makes me wonder if there is a hidden motive or if they are just trying to recapture the glory days of the Walt Disney era...

Let's not forget TRON is Disney too :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...