TaysteeWonderBunny and I just got back from Bean and Eternal's place where we watch "True Blood" every week with Slogo and Lord of Sins.

Neat.

I'm gonna asssume that means you guys like it. (I know I used to watch Sailor Moon with the GF and two of our friends but was not a big fan lol)

I started d/ling season 1 (no way to stream it to my TV and watching a lot of video in front of the computer is a pain for me) but its going to be awhile since theres 25 gigs of other stuff in line before it (that I then have to watch).

Any True Blood fans out there? Enjoying the new season?

TaysteeWonderBunny and I just got back from Bean and Eternal's place where we watch "True Blood" every week with Slogo and Lord of Sins.

Just watched the first three episodes of season one, much better than I was expecting. Starting the D/L of the rest of the seasons now.

Any True Blood fans out there? Enjoying the new season?

Just finished season 4. Dangit. Enjoyed the whole thing so far. Sad its "over" in a sense for now. (rarely do i watch a show that doesn't have a whole season over , so i can more easily keep track of where I'm at)

Can't remember were but at one point Sookie is reading a Charlaine Harris book (big white hardcover book) couldnt really see anything other than half of the authors name, funny.

Star Crossed lovers except the House of Capulet and Montague are Stackhouse and Vampire.

I knew when I watched the first episode of season 1 that it was a more clever show than I had thought it would be.

Not that its a bad thing but I kind of wish (like i usually do) they'd tone down the supernatural elements a bit so when they do happen it seems more dramatic and you have more of a feeling of suspense about it. And i wish they just focused on the humans/vampires (and human/human vampire/vampire) more, a lot of meat there that isn't getting covered due to the "B story" every season. But the whole thing is interesting the way they do it regardless.

Show is much better than I expected. Glad this post showed up. I had meant to "get around to it" at some point, this just kind of put the bug in my ear.

Even though she was a bitch I'm kinda sad Nan Flannagan died (the seeming "boss of american vampires spokeswoman" although you can tell she isnt)as she seemed like an interesting character that we never learned much about.

The hole in the ground of the parking lot with the silver chain at the end of season 4 is interesting too (not too hard to guess what that means). dun dun dun. :ice:

Can't remember were but at one point Sookie is reading a Charlaine Harris book (big white hardcover book) couldnt really see anything other than half of the authors name, funny.

Yeah, I found that funny. TWB read all of the books and said they kinda suck. HBO took the show in a whole new direction and it's really well done.

Not that its a bad thing but I kind of wish (like i usually do) they'd tone down the supernatural elements a bit so when they do happen it seems more dramatic and you have more of a feeling of suspense about it. And i wish they just focused on the humans/vampires (and human/human vampire/vampire) more, a lot of meat there that isn't getting covered due to the "B story" every season. But the whole thing is interesting the way they do it regardless.

That is kinda annoying. It seems like everyone in town is supernatural in one way or another. It makes it less special.

Even though she was a bitch I'm kinda sad Nan Flannagan died (the seeming "boss of american vampires spokeswoman" although you can tell she isnt)as she seemed like an interesting character that we never learned much about.

Wait until you get to this season. So far Christopher Meloni is awesome!

The hole in the ground of the parking lot with the silver chain at the end of season 4 is interesting too (not too hard to guess what that means). dun dun dun. :ice:

It looks like we'll be getting to that this Sunday. I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I found that funny. TWB read all of the books and said they kinda suck. HBO took the show in a whole new direction and it's really well done.

That is kinda annoying. It seems like everyone in town is supernatural in one way or another. It makes it less special.

Wait until you get to this season. So far Christopher Meloni is awesome!

It looks like we'll be getting to that this Sunday. I can't wait!

I agree Christopher Meloni rocks this season. I was bummed when he left SVU

Yikes, i can barely get through one book (read never) if i get about halfway through and it sucks, how to can go through a whole series of suck/mediocre books... dang.