I hesitate to post anything in the music section because the snobs will chastise my ignorance. And I hesitate to post in the S&S section because the music snobs will chastise me for taking interest in anything that isn't music.

This is correct.... The music snobbery on this site is epic.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the things that drove me away was some of the elitist attitudes. Oh, and the trolls. And nothing was being done about it. I mean, how many "strikes" does one person get before you send the GTFO note? I'm an adult. I have an awesomely sick sense of humor. But at the end of the day, I'm an adult. I don't appreciate childish games at all.

Thanks, Three surgeries and around 2 weeks total hospital time later.... I'm down 4 organs and doing great! I wish there were an answer to fix the board... Meh.

There is a fairly simple fix its just not "easy" apparently, ppl dont have the motivation.

Yikes , sorry to hear about your surgeries, I know you've been having trouble for a long time :no hopefully things will stay better from now on.

call me "mr. oppressor" if you want, but none of this should have been out on the open board, in my opinion. if there is an issue with a poster, or a personal beef between posters, it should be taken to privat pm's.

if there was a misunderstanding in the4 wording of some of the recent communications, that too should be clarified through private messages.

why the hell am i the only one who realizes this?

(and yeah, anyone is free to hate on me if they so choose. this is what i feel is right.)

:dry:

I've spent 10 years trying to avoid on-board drama and thousands of hours trying to calm the waters between posters. Before DGN even started I had been trying to figure out ways minimize interpersonal rancor. I've spent most of my adult life on this (that is over a decade at work and on DGN), I've had comments mis-interpreted, and just chosen words poorly on points of discussion and unless we just don't talk it will happen again. If was being mean, then I feel bad, (and try to rectify it privately) but that was not my intetion. If i wanted to be mean (hopefully that never happens) I'd use the phone.

I've also apologized for things that I did not intend, last thing I want to do is CAUSE drama, having spent a silly amount of time either avoiding it or trying to fix it, it comes with the territory. PLEASE contact me if there is something I can help fix or something I should apologize for that I might not be aware of.

• 2 months later...

To be completely honest I think that this board at present, is more likely not to get back to the traffic it had. But that won't stop me from posting. As long as I'm hopefully not posting directly under myself in every thread (I'll do it music, because I'm always finding new music).

Part of it definitely is, this is a practice of anti-dogmatism or anti-conformity for me. If the board has no traffic, it fuels my own brand of hipsterdom. If the board gets traffic again, there's more people and that's great-- and I hope they not only have fun, but put their own stamp on the place and comb their beard at night because that's what keeps any kind of social space alive.

Edited by Coffeenated

To be completely honest I think that this board at present, is more likely not to get back to the traffic it had. But that won't stop me from posting. As long as I'm hopefully not posting directly under myself in every thread (I'll do it music, because I'm always finding new music).

Part of it definitely is, this is a practice of anti-dogmatism or anti-conformity for me. If the board has no traffic, it fuels my own brand of hipsterdom. If the board gets traffic again, there's more people and that's great-- and I hope they not only have fun, but put their own stamp on the place and comb their beard at night because that's what keeps any kind of social space alive.

It won't get the traffic it had if things grow they way they did in years past, that is, me cracking the promotion whip constantly, which even though I'm working on it, I just flat out don't have the energy to do it the way I used to (and don't want to risk another relapse even though I'm doing it anyway).

Even at its height, with you know 6-700 posts a day and 50-60 active users per day, that is still a pretty "small obscure" community, even larger than that will still maintain a measure of obscurantism, especially in less traveled areas of the board.

I do apreciate the effort and your presence on the board. Im glad when I see your name next to a post for various reasons.

It won't get the traffic it had if things grow they way they did in years past, that is, me cracking the promotion whip constantly, which even though I'm working on it, I just flat out don't have the energy to do it the way I used to (and don't want to risk another relapse even though I'm doing it anyway).

Even at its height, with you know 6-700 posts a day and 50-60 active users per day, that is still a pretty "small obscure" community, even larger than that will still maintain a measure of obscurantism, especially in less traveled areas of the board.

I do apreciate the effort and your presence on the board. Im glad when I see your name next to a post for various reasons.

Thank you sir. I am on this forum more than any other one. Autodidactism and writing are my excuses for the Anti-Internet crowd who I often find are hardcore about TV. :p

Edited by Coffeenated

WOW.... last time I saw Paul, It seemed like he totally lost his shit. He was teetering on the edge (or just totally drunk). I hope he is ok.

yeah he sort of gave up on a lot of things as far as I can tell. I tried, but I think he needed "real" assistance that I couldnt do much about.