D:Konstruct news

d:konstruct

Thanks to everyone that came to our show with I:Scintella and the Gothsicles. We have developed a closer friendship with these two bands and they had a good time. My apologies for D:K going on so early but the focus that evening was on the other bands and they wanted us to play the show.

This coming Oct. 29th will be the last time D:K plays Leland City Club. We appreciate everyone coming out to our shows and showing their support over the past couple of years. Sybil has always been good to us at CC and this last show is for her and the fans that come see us play. This fall, we are working on a new album and moving in a more indie/rock direction with the band. We're focusing our sound more like the Killers/White Lies/Kaiser Chiefs to do a comparison. We hope to shoot a professional video for our new track "Kill Your Memories" this winter as well in black and white. We have added guitar to a lot of our new music which is sounding pretty good. In the metro area, we plan on focusing on venues like the Magic Stick and other clubs that cater to a more indie fan base. We simply want to expand our fan base and hope that you will continue to come to our shows. In the beginning, D:K started as an industrial band moving towards a more synth pop oriented sound. We however, want to show people that we can play and do play our instruments and feel that guitars and a combination of electronic/acoustic drums add an overall improvement to our sound. We will always continue to create better music for you guys and all of our fans. We will play some of our new tunes on the 29th as a bit of a teaser, you know you like it!

We have also started something aside from The Collective called D:K Productions. We did this because we felt people had lost a lot of interest in Collective events and that the structure of the Collective had dwindled. D:K Productions will officially kick off with our first G:RAVE on Oct. 28th at the Token Lounge. This will be a combination of industrial music and harder techno with dub step thrown into the mix. We want to try and combine the crowds a bit for better business. Why? It's common sense: when you make money you can do bigger and better things. National bands charge a lot people and you need to go out and support the local promoters that spend a lot of money to put these events on. I've heard a lot of criticism from different people about this promoter or that one, this DJ or that one, but until you set something up yourself and run it, don't judge. These people are doing this for you. There certainly isn't any money to be made in promotions! I know some people out there may scoff at this idea but I care not. We have always tried to help this local scene and support the DJ's, clubs, bands, etc. If you want to be involved you have to be assertive and flag us down. I would love to have a strong goth/retro night but there simply isn't that kind of support around here anymore, only criticism for some gothier purpose (slits wrists). RIP is a perfect example of this. We set it up, few people showed, some criticized, I cancelled it, and then people were saying what happened to RIP? Although we are not playing this first G:RAVE event (I know the name is cheesy but appropriate [insert middle finger]; we are setting it up for future regular events at the Token Lounge. The manager is very cool and interested in helping us out with many future projects.

Well sorry to ramble, I don't get on here much anymore. I hope to see all of you out on the 28th and 29th. If I don't see you, have a happy Halloween!

• 2 weeks later...

I commented before that listening to your music makes me feel like I'm in my early 20's. Not many artists can make me feel that way anymore, so bravo!! lol

While I must admit that my first reaction to reading you would be changing styles a bit was "oh, shit," I reminded myself that creativity is in constant motion. I've enjoyed your works thus far, and look forward to seeing how you guys will develop further. I also look forward to seeing D:Konstruct in different venues. The first time I saw you was with Faith and the Muse, and that show was phenomenal. I love CC, but the sound quality in the ballroom still isn't the best.

Good luck to you guys!

We look forward to seeing you guys play again, hopefully sooner than later :)