What happened to locals Shock Therapy?

Etalimissa

In the 80's I was into local Dearborn/Detroit band Shock Therapy. I have no idea what has happened to any of the bands I was into in those days. The lead singer may have received S.T. (ha ha) from what I was told (okay, rumours are not nice). In the old days I was mostly into Canadian music (with lost of German, Belgian, and Australians) and the local scene. I just don't know who is who anymore.

I wonder what happened to Snake-Out and Murder Style also. Does anyone have any updates on these bands? Murder Style had such beautiful big hair. The guys were well over 6 feet tall then add on another 6-8 inches for the hair. I have pixies of all of these bands in my old (packed up) photo albums.

Ah...Shock Therapy:

Lead singer Itchy did have some demons. He had been serving a prison sentence several years back and had been released. Sadly, he passed away almost three years ago.

Snakeout still perform on occasions. Singer/guitarist, Len, main project these days is Speedcult which does some amazing custom works.

http://www.speedcult.com/

Plenty of tales to tell about Shock Therapy and Itchy from hanging out at his 'studio' to drinks at Gusoline Alley, Laughing our asses off to stories at Blitz Records, to seeing him perform from Detroit to Ann Arbor.

He helped Black Ocean Drowning (a band I helped launch) sign to Germany's Dossier Records.

Certainly a mad genius who wrote some amazing songs, but he was always plagued by many many demons. Demons that landed him in jail, homeless, addicted to drugs/alcohol, and eventually dead in a field in Detroit back in 2008.

He certainly blazed a trail for Detroit Industrial. Love all the albums. That's back when Detroit industrial had something menacing behind it.

Edited by DJ Saint