• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest qualms with most religions is they encourage ignorance. Back in the middle ages the black plaque was thought to be the work of witches, not an illness. Such ignorance persists today. Ignorance itself is not a crime, everyone is ignorant in one way or many others. Choosing to be ignorant is a crime however. Instead of trying to understand something and chalking it up to something other worldly is a great example. Humans used to think the sun revolved around us, used to believe the world was flat. Just because we don't understand something today, doesn't mean we won't tomorrow. So long as we carry our curiousity and desire to understand while not burying our heads in the sand. It just kills me how little some people seem to wish to know about even the most fundamental things that exist. What we have today would scare the bell out of someone from the middle ages. All because they didn't understand. Forgive my rant. x:

I will attempt to post more than usual, can't make promises.

And that "willful ignorance" is almost a sign of courage/goodness within the communities so its re-enforcing and takes forever to be corrected, as the said community is forced, kicking and screaming into reality.

And that "willful ignorance" is almost a sign of courage/goodness within the communities so its re-enforcing and takes forever to be corrected, as the said community is forced, kicking and screaming into reality.

Indeed, it also encourages prejudice based on no logic. One of my favorite quotes is; "You can not reason the prejudice out of a man, for it was not reasoned into him." I could rant and rant and rant all day about such things.

lace me and cheryn have met and I think she is the greatest and her man pest is awesome. just dident want you to get the impression that there was any animosity between me and smartass....

Hehe nahs I was jis giggling at it. I knew it was all in good fun.

Lace likes to giggle is all.

Side note; wonder if anyone got my title reference.

Indeed, it also encourages prejudice based on no logic. One of my favorite quotes is; "You can not reason the prejudice out of a man, for it was not reasoned into him." I could rant and rant and rant all day about such things.

Yeah this is part of the reason that even very smart people have some times extremely illogical beliefs. Not that we don't all have some buried somewhere, but more blatant nonsense gets imbedded in some irrational / emotional way, and smart people are even better at defending that belief in spite of evidence.

I DO rant about such things all day , well not rant, just ponder and read (on and off). One of my "pet subjects" lets call it.

Yeah this is part of the reason that even very smart people have some times extremely illogical beliefs. Not that we don't all have some buried somewhere, but more blatant nonsense gets imbedded in some irrational / emotional way, and smart people are even better at defending that belief in spite of evidence.

I DO rant about such things all day , well not rant, just ponder and read (on and off). One of my "pet subjects" lets call it.

I find that most of peoples irrational beliefs are embedded in them by their parents or someone close to them.

As for my title, A Newbie named Lacilliyr, I read along the lines of A pup named scooby doo. It was a cartoon on cartoon network. I'm young P: