What song or video on Youtube do you have on now?

Etalimissa

Since the last thread for "what are you listening to now" was started in 2004 I thought it was maybe time to start a new one which was not many pages long. Sorry, I don't mean to offend the OP of the thread.

Now to see if this will work. I can't do a lot while using AOL. I always had problems with ebay and they would ask "Are you using AOL?".

Anyways, one may have to click on the link. It's Oomph!

Edited by Etalimissa

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I click on this topic to reply i end up replaying that damn John Williams Is The Man video I posted above. The part at the end were the one guy says "Joss Whedon is my master now." LOL. Then fades off with a Celine Dion impression.

Yeah, that's a great video. Not only funny, but very listenable. You should repost it in the new Star Wars thread. But why did they reuse the Indiana Jones theme so much?

Yeah, that's a great video. Not only funny, but very listenable. You should repost it in the new Star Wars thread. But why did they reuse the Indiana Jones theme so much?

=D Also the jaws theme is very noiticable "Woooo KE! Wooo KE!" and such... The reason indiana jones (and other music) is in there is that John Williams the composer did themes for:

Star Wars - The main theme and most all main songs we associate it with (including the "Imperial March" which is associated with Darth Vader and Emperor)

Jaws

Superman

Indiana Jones films

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Jurassic Park

Close Encounters of The Third Kind

A lot of other very recognizable stuff that just sort of floats around in the back of our minds without us really thinking about it. and a whole ton of other stuff, so in a sense that video is not "just" about star wars but also other John Williams things.

Hes currently working with Spielberg on the upcoming movie Lincon (2012) and Peter Jackson on a new (the adventures of tintin the unicorn trilogy).

In terms of film composers , at least in terms of recognizable themse was John Williams really IS the man. :unworthy:

=D Also the jaws theme is very noiticable "Woooo KE! Wooo KE!" and such... The reason indiana jones (and other music) is in there is that John Williams the composer did themes for:

Star Wars - The main theme and most all main songs we associate it with (including the "Imperial March" which is associated with Darth Vader and Emperor)

Jaws

Superman

Indiana Jones films

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Jurassic Park

Close Encounters of The Third Kind

A lot of other very recognizable stuff that just sort of floats around in the back of our minds without us really thinking about it. and a whole ton of other stuff, so in a sense that video is not "just" about star wars but also other John Williams things.

Hes currently working with Spielberg on the upcoming movie Lincon (2012) and Peter Jackson on a new (the adventures of tintin the unicorn trilogy).

In terms of film composers , at least in terms of recognizable themse was John Williams really IS the man. :unworthy:

No, I know that; I'm wondering why Indiana Jones theme was used three times as opposed to something else, like the Imperial March. That's all.

No, I know that; I'm wondering why Indiana Jones theme was used three times as opposed to something else, like the Imperial March. That's all.

oh hurm, who knows i guess like any song you tend to have a recurring Chorus and that was the sound they picked for the chorus, the verses get different random Williams stuff.