Sci-Fi Fantasy Geek Knowledge Test Thread thingy

Just an idea that came to me today...

If you know the answers to these questions without looking them up on the internet.... you are probably a sci-fi fantasy geek... (No need to answer the questions in the thread or anything, more just a test for those reading it, and PLEASE FEEL FREE TO KEEP ADDING YOUR OWN QUESTIONS FOR THE REST OF US :) )

I will start with a few:

Who took out the power regulator on the North tower? (If you know this.... you are probably a sci-fi fantasy geek)

Who is Captain Pike? (If you know this.... you are probably a sci-fi fantasy geek)

What is "The Lightning Field"? (If you know this.... you are probably a sci-fi fantasy geek)

BONUS ROUND

What was it that was used to destroy part of the Pattern Of Amber? (If you know this.... you are probably a sci-fi fantasy SUPER geek)

If you know the answers to these questions without looking them up on the internet.... you are probably a sci-fi fantasy geek... (No need to answer the questions in the thread or anything, more just a test for those reading it, and PLEASE FEEL FREE TO KEEP ADDING YOUR OWN QUESTIONS FOR THE REST OF US :) )

I will start with a few:

Who took out the power regulator on the North tower? (If you know this.... you are probably a sci-fi fantasy geek)

Who is Captain Pike? (If you know this.... you are probably a sci-fi fantasy geek)

1st Captain of the Enterprise

What is "The Lightning Field"? (If you know this.... you are probably a sci-fi fantasy geek)

An area covered in lightning rods in the Southwest....Texas? New Mexico?

BONUS ROUND

What was it that was used to destroy part of the Pattern Of Amber? (If you know this.... you are probably a sci-fi fantasy SUPER geek)

Mr. Clean industrial floor(killer)-cleaner, NOW WITH 20% MORE BLOOD OF A PRINCE OF AMBER!

1) Match the Lovecraftian Ancient One with their sobriquet:

1) Yog-Sothoth a) Dark Mother of 1,000 Young

2) Shub-Niggurath b) The Crawling Chaos

3) Nyarlathotep c) The King in Yellow

4) Hastur d) The Key & The Gate

2) What actor has appeared in the Alien, Terminator, and Predator franchises (not including the AvP franchise)?

BONUS: What roles did he play in each?

3) Define Sturgeon's Law

4) What were the names of the 3 books that comprise the Illuminatus Trilogy?

5) Before A Game of Thrones hit the big time, what 80's run of super-powers themed books did George R. R. Martin write for and edit?

2) What actor has appeared in the Alien, Terminator, and Predator franchises (not including the AvP franchise)?

BONUS: What roles did he play in each?

Bill Paxton

Jerry Lambert

Pvt. Hudson That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Punk Leader

I will start with a few:

BONUS ROUND

there is actually a cabin in the middle of the field that you can stay at to view it. Never read the amber stuff but I recognized it. The rest were like.. comon, either you know them or... I mean serioiusly, why keep sucking down oxygen if you dont like sci fi?? Had to break up with a GF becasue she didnt like spaceships.... gotta draw the line somewhere!

Bill Paxton

Jerry Lambert

Pvt. Hudson That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Punk Leader

that guy made that movie, one of my key movies that pop into my head when people ask me what movies i like... had no clue he was in the other films though (have to admit I gave up on aliens after 3, and terminator after II).

And OMFG AvP?? Wttttttttf. Talk about ruining a really cool idea.

Wedge

1) Match the Lovecraftian Ancient One with their sobriquet:

1) Yog-Sothoth a) Dark Mother of 1,000 Young

2) Shub-Niggurath b) The Crawling Chaos

3) Nyarlathotep c) The King in Yellow

4) Hastur d) The Key & The Gate

1)d

2)a

3)b

4)c