Pen Pals----do any of you have any?

Etalimissa

Did or do any of you have pen pals at one time? In the days before computers that's how we all kept in contact with each other. Now it's so simple for like-minded people to merge. In the old days we had to put pen to paper. Thus, I had a lot of good friends from IL, OH, and Canada. I am very curious if any of the people from the pen pals circuit or the FB (friendship booklets) or deco circuits are in here. I was one of about 6 MI pen pals in my big pen palling days. I'm told there are many more from MI these days.

If anyone is into pen palling and wishes to join a pen pal group full of other music lovers (yes, FB) let me know and I can add you. I was one of the original 12 invited about 4 months ago. There are a few nice little groups and it's all one big, happy family. No fighting, no disagreements, nothing bad at all. They are almost all invite-only "secret" groups so you'd need an invite from me and you'd have to promise to be somewhat active in the group from time-to-time.

I always wondered what happened to some of my favourite pen pals or the few from MI. I did track down some. Thus FB does have a purpose after all.

Technology has kind of killed the idea of a pen pal imo. I usually just text someone or get on a facebook chat if I cant see them in person. Although there are several friends of mine from out of state/country that I keep in contact with and discuss music and movies.

Technology has kind of killed the idea of a pen pal imo. I usually just text someone or get on a facebook chat if I cant see them in person. Although there are several friends of mine from out of state/country that I keep in contact with and discuss music and movies.

thus in a way you have the modern technologically advanced form of pen palling. okay, that makes one....sort of. i wonder if any of the old ones from MI will be on this site and respond. i had mostly music pals but also many baseball pen pals. it was nice to get to go to Chicago many times and visit many pen pals. we'd go to concerts and baseball games. some of them got to go to Europe to visit their pals but i didn't get to go to Europe until 2002. my goal is to get there again and maybe go to Belgium again and also Germany (Cologne this time) again.

thus in a way you have the modern technologically advanced form of pen palling. okay, that makes one....sort of. i wonder if any of the old ones from MI will be on this site and respond. i had mostly music pals but also many baseball pen pals. it was nice to get to go to Chicago many times and visit many pen pals. we'd go to concerts and baseball games. some of them got to go to Europe to visit their pals but i didn't get to go to Europe until 2002. my goal is to get there again and maybe go to Belgium again and also Germany (Cologne this time) again.

Yea that is the best part when you go on vacation and already have people you can hang out/stay with.

i met many people years ago at concerts or baseball games who i kept in contact with for a while. so i guess they could have been called pen pals. i also have been cursed in that everyone eventually moves away and then becomes another "pen pal". but my first official pen pal came from a pen pal request sent to a tv show called "The Big Blue Marble" and she was from England. i requested one from Scotland but got one from England instead.