WMW - green & black outfit

I find it kind of fun sometimes to show off my work as I go. Keeps me motivated! I'm looking at getting this whole deal done by Saturday for the DGN birthday trip to City Club. Let me know what you think - pointers are wonderfully appreciated!

Idea:

cityoutfit.jpg?t=1312338110

Finished so far:

greendreads.png?t=1312350046

armwarmers.png?t=1312417287

Armwarmers still need lace

To Do:

Skirt - Material cut, lace sewn on, must ruffle and sew together (that's the hard part D:)

Shirt - Must assemble & add lace/ribbon

Armwarmers - Need to add lace

Leg warmers - Have pattern & material

Hair dreads - DONE!

Thanks! The skirt is coming along nicely. The only issue is that I am unsure as to what to do about the zipper I want to add to it @_@

As for the shirt, I have no idea what to do. I bought a cheap black tank top and I have eyelets that I can use. But I'm not sure if I want the front to be open and lace up or if I want the laces to just be a decoration. In my current body type, I think that it might look better as a decoration lol.

skirtback.png?t=1312428182

This is the long, lacy back of the skirt. I have the front and waistband done as well, but I'm still unsure as to how to add them all together and fit in the zipper xD If there are any seamstresses that have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I'll totally be adding pics when it's all done ;3

Wow , lot of work! Cute and I like how you have it all broken down in sections / planned.

Whaa? No hair lights? *stomps foot*

Helps me pick you out over the sensory barrage (seriously) lol. :grouphug

I know there are several sewing-savvy people lurking around *looks around*.

(good thing i read subtitles... WMW! =D)

Uggghhh ok, I'm stumped and running out of time! The skirt is in 4 parts and I have NO idea how to proceed @_@ Here are pics of the parts, maybe someone here has a suggestion?

zipper.png?t=1312491572 - zipper

waist.png?t=1312491570 - Waistband

front.png?t=1312491568 - front skirt

backwaistband.png?t=1312491566 - back ruffled skirt

Do I just sew them all to the waistband in a big circle and then cut a vertical slit to sew in the zipper? Or is there a more intelligent way to go about this?

D: just got back from the store. That was awful... Stupid needle!

Just pinned together currently. For those of you who like kitties, look at the bottom left corner. Also, don't look at our messy apt. >.> crafty time means Lilly doesn't clean anything... >.<

It's not letting me post the pic link, so I've attached it instead.

post-3892-0-46693200-1312515958_thumb.jp