I've tried doing my hair this way with ribbon but came out looking like a deranged cheerleader. My bf helped me tie them together, but I really want some yarn to complete the right look.

Any suggestions?

I make them, they're actually pretty easy once you get the style you're looking for down. Then it's just switching up the colors :3

Are you looking for cyberfalls? Synthetic hair dreads? Flat ones? Or just yarn in general? Yarn is the easiest, I think. Usually I like the get the crimpy looking stuff

51%2BcrewfVVL._AA300_.jpg

Then you figure out how long you want the falls to be. Add about 3 inches and then find a piece of furniture with legs about that far apart. Flip it over and wrap the yarn around the legs like this:

tablefalls.png?t=1312149848

Then cut the yarn at one end and pinch it together at the other, so that you have a bunch of long pieces of yarn and you are holding them in the middle while the ends dangle evenly on both sides. Where you're holding them, use string or a rubber band or whatever you like to tie them tight - you don't want any falling out! Then attach that to a hair tie or clip or headband or however you prefer to secure them to your head and voila! Yarn dreads :D Hope this helps - I'd be happy to help you more if I'm not being clear ;3

• 2 weeks later...

there are many good youtube tutorials on falls to watch for a visual, depending on what type you wear! I personally do synthetic hair and yarnfalls. I attach mine by putting my natural hair into little buns on the top of my head, and then attach the falls to the buns [i usually keep the falls on open elastic and TIE the open elastic around the buns.]

if that doesn't help, definitely do a youtube search :)

there are many good youtube tutorials on falls to watch for a visual, depending on what type you wear! I personally do synthetic hair and yarnfalls. I attach mine by putting my natural hair into little buns on the top of my head, and then attach the falls to the buns [i usually keep the falls on open elastic and TIE the open elastic around the buns.]

if that doesn't help, definitely do a youtube search :)

Ah. I found a shiteload of yarn on some persons curb (brand new) so i'm good now. it's the crochet-type yarn. so I have LOTS to work with.