Hi everyone))

I think, some of U know me, I'm from Russia and have been on this board for some years.

So, today I'm making this post, 'coz I need a little help.=)

I'm writing a project at school, about relationship between USA and Israel. I'll be very glad if U'll help me a little.^__^ ust answe some questions.=))

Thank U, I wish U'll help me with this problem.=))

Questions:

1. What relations have USA n Israel - good or bad?

2. Who was/is the best American president (from the position of helping Israel's people)?

3. Can the USA leave without Israel?

4. Can Israel leave witout USA and its help?

5. Where would U prefer to leave: in USA or in Israel?

And don't forget to write Ur gender and age(0-10, 10-18, 18-25, 25-45, 45-60, 60-80)

Thank U grately again. =^__^=

Hi everyone))

I think, some of U know me, I'm from Russia and have been on this board for some years.

So, today I'm making this post, 'coz I need a little help.=)

I'm writing a project at school, about relationship between USA and Israel. I'll be very glad if U'll help me a little.^__^ ust answe some questions.=))

Thank U, I wish U'll help me with this problem.=))

Questions:

2. Who was/is the best American president (from the position of helping Israel's people)?

3. Can the USA leave without Israel?

4. Can Israel leave witout USA and its help?

And don't forget to write Ur gender and age(0-10, 10-18, 18-25, 25-45, 45-60, 60-80)

Thank U grately again. =^__^=

hi again! :wave

leave = live! :wink

sorry, i don't know a thing about isreal/usa relations... :confused:

Edited by torn asunder

MY IMPRESSIONS (NOT TO BE TAKEN AS FACT)

U.S. and Israel usually get along pretty well... if they don't its usually political and has very little to do with how the people get along.

As far as the next question... dang.... Carter maybe?

The USA can live without Israel but it might be harder.

The same goes for the above... Israel is a very strong country and can take care of itself... although it would be VERY HARD.

I would prefer to live in the U.S. --- but that should not be surprising

(Male, 25-45)

MY IMPRESSIONS (NOT TO BE TAKEN AS FACT)

U.S. and Israel usually get along pretty well... if they don't its usually political and has very little to do with how the people get along.

As far as the next question... dang.... Carter maybe?

The USA can live without Israel but it might be harder.

The same goes for the above... Israel is a very strong country and can take care of itself... although it would be VERY HARD.

I would prefer to live in the U.S. --- but that should not be surprising

(Male, 25-45)

I think exactly the sam and same age group

As I know, the United States was the first country to recognize the State of Israel in 1948.

The president at that time was Harry S. Truman.

For Question 1. and 2.

3. Probably

4. Yes, cause Israel's principal trading partner is the EU not the USA.

5. USA

6. 25-45

Edited by Saint Germain

The United States helped to CREATE Israel so I would say our relationship is a good one. Because of what happened in WW2 we saw a need for it...I don't give much credit to the other allied nations because they don't act quickly or often in the right way.

Look at the battles fought by Israel to see just how well they can live without us or any help at all. Fighting vastly larger forces on multiple fronts and not only winning but nearly taking 2 of the opposing countries over is a major feat of power.

And as far as trading they get things from everywhere...like weapons...some they build and others they buy.

Sorry if that is complicated or lacking in some parts I can provide much more information, mostly military and a little political, but I have to get to formation in 10 minutes...

1.) Currently the United States and Israel have moderately good relations. They could be better, however as Israel is currently building new homes in the West Bank and Gaza strip areas, which is something that was supposed to be suspended while peace talks between Israel and Palestine were continuing.

2.) I would say that Lyndon B. Johnson's administration would have been the best from the Israeli perspective. LBJ's administration was the first to fully support Israel both politically and in the military sense. At that time the US government forgave Israel's possibly mistaken attack on the USS Liberty. During the end of LBJ's administration he decided to allow state of the art armament to be sold to Israel.

3.) The US could live without Israel, although the fact that Israel exists does give the US a friend in the region, which we have very few of, as well as access to intelligence information that we might not otherwise have.

4.) Israel could survive on its own, but a break in US/Israeli relations would be far more catastrophic for them than for us. We supply them with arms which they can't build in country, as well as with the threat of military backing should anyone in the region whole-heartedly try to destroy the country.

5.) I prefer to live in the US, living in a country under siege doesn't seem very pleasant to me.

6.) Male, 25 on the dot.

Good luck with your assignment, hope that helped.

1. Mostly good.

2. Carter was really good though I didn't know that^ about LBJ

3. We could, though it would be more difficult for us to launch any military operations in the area

4. It would be harder for them. But they have a damn good military and an amazing intelligence network.

5. US. All my friends are here. :grouphug And I'm already here so that means it doesn't cost as much money for me to move to where I am right now.

4.) Israel could survive on its own, but a break in US/Israeli relations would be far more catastrophic for them than for us. We supply them with arms which they can't build in country, as well as with the threat of military backing should anyone in the region whole-heartedly try to destroy the country.

They get their firearm from China as of now...however they produce alot of their weapons on their own now. Their naval fleet is fine and the jets they have from us are in top shape and so are their other jets from other countries.

If you think they need military backing your intelligence is wrong...you can supply all the guns you want to an outnumbered army but none of them will help unless they have skill. Sending anything but ammo and guns to Israel, which they don't need at all, would be overkill and would enable them to destroy the whole of the Arab world with ease.

We are allied. Some would say that that means good.

I say "become allied with none trade will all who mirror our basic principals."

A super power recognizing them as an independent state was the best thing that could be done for them so Truman.

3. Can the USA live without Israel?

Yes

4. Can Israel live witout USA and its help?

Only if they have enough determination.

U.S.A.

Male

Your age groups should look more like 1-12, 13-17, 18-25, 26-35, 36-45, 46-55, 56-65, 66+

Statistically it has been shown that those age ranges starting at 18 are the primary blocks for knowledge effecting behavior and opinion.