For those of you that dont already know, famous comedian Gilbert Gottfried was fired from his job as the Aflec Duck for making a few jokes about the disaster in Japan and posting them on his twitter account. just google it and find 100 articles lol.

BULL SHIT!

It is a comedians job to make fun of everything! And Gottfried is known for being an offensive comedian, Aflec knew that when they hired him. Offensive jokes are often the most funny to people. The jokes he made werent even that bad to be honest. People make jokes about every thing from dead babies to world war 2, why should this be any different. Hell just listen to any "aristocrats" joke and tell me that the jokes about japan are worth loosing a job.

This really is sad. Comedians have to watch every word they say now. Im glad a lot of famous people are taking Gilbert's side on this.

Lol....

It's almost like they didn't realize they had hired Gilbert Gottfried for their commercials.... I mean, you don't see the DEA trying to make Charley Sheen their spokesperson.

He is a Comedian...

Lol....

It's almost like they didn't realize they had hired Gilbert Gottfried for their commercials.... I mean, you don't see the DEA trying to make Charley Sheen their spokesperson.

He is a Comedian...

I know... its just silly. Although A lot of people are supporting him so that is good (I know im one of them)

only thing i can say about this is 1) maybe it's just *bit* too soon!? shit's still going down, people might need some distance for it to be considered "not in poor taste", 2) japan is a hyoooge market for them, i'm sure they don't want to risk losing a fortune over some "jackass" comedian. (i don't think he's jackass, just sayin...)

only thing i can say about this is 1) maybe it's just *bit* too soon!? shit's still going down, people might need some distance for it to be considered "not in poor taste", 2) japan is a hyoooge market for them, i'm sure they don't want to risk losing a fortune over some "jackass" comedian. (i don't think he's jackass, just sayin...)

One of the golden comedy rules is that its never "too soon". obviously someone is always going to get offended regardless the amount of time that has past.

I could understand this being a big deal if it wasnt someone who did that kind of thing as a profession.

I dunno, other comedians have done similar things when it was "too soon". First thing that comes to my mind as a South Park fanatic is the episode Satan's Super Sweet Sixteen Party where it was a WEEK (not even I think) after Steve Irwin was killed and not only do they have him showing up trying to get into a party in hell, but also with the stingray barb still sticking out of his chest. That pissed A LOT of people off, but Stone and Parker didn't get fired...

I think Aflac went a little TOO overboard by firing him. I could see if they maybe had him publicly apologize for what he said, but even then, it wouldn't have been sincere obviously.

I dunno, other comedians have done similar things when it was "too soon". First thing that comes to my mind as a South Park fanatic is the episode Satan's Super Sweet Sixteen Party where it was a WEEK (not even I think) after Steve Irwin was killed and not only do they have him showing up trying to get into a party in hell, but also with the stingray barb still sticking out of his chest. That pissed A LOT of people off, but Stone and Parker didn't get fired...

I think Aflac went a little TOO overboard by firing him. I could see if they maybe had him publicly apologize for what he said, but even then, it wouldn't have been sincere obviously.

Thats another thing, he apologized, but you know he thinks this is all BS and doesnt mean it now.

oh well.... i know its sad whats going on in Japan right now...but not making jokes or making jokes....isnt ganna stop shit from goin down over there...its not ganna bring people back...who cares...people die in fucked up ways everyday...to me this is no diffrent...do i feel for the people in Japan....of course i do...its sad its going down...but its a joke....his joke didnt kill anyone... me and Solgo have a World Trade Center joke....and just about everyone we told it to laughs there ass off and that happend to our damn country....

The reason he got fired is because over half of Aflec's business is in Japan. I personally don't think he should have gotten fired, because they knew who they hired, when they hired him. They use a totally different voice in Japan anyway. They should have fined him sure, but not fired him.

I hate to say it, but Aflac may not have known what they were getting when they hired Gottfried if they never bothered to research him beyond his role in Disney's Aladdin. That said, I don't agree with the firing, I realize why they did, but they did not even bother to wait until someone complained (it is quite possible that if Aflac did not bother to check his twitter feed, the jokes would have gone relatively unnoticed) and preemptively fired him for it.

Also, that Steve Irwin joke on South Park was ace :)