I agree with Phee ... mostly.

I don't see the Right as solely responsible. I think the Left carry an almost equal burden and it's this whole two party system political mess in general that fosters a civil war. The media fuels the fire and it's just like reality TV, right vs. left, us vs. them, red vs. blue, pirates vs. ninjas ... There's no money in getting along, only in competition, and conflict degrades to the point where voices raise to shouts, then nobody can hear over the shouting any more so it gets violent. It's not a way to live.

We need to eschew blind ideologies and start working together. I know it's a dream world I'm living in, but I keep voting third party hoping the middle will gain enough foothold that the wings will wake up and realize they won't get their way, they don't have all the power, and maybe, just maybe they'll cut the political machination bullshit, actually sit down at a round table, and start governing and legislating with their brains.

Maybe we can start right here on DGN and stop being such dicks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC aside she could have turned down the map and requested something with stars or plain dots to point out those areas.

IMO, she's a half witted American (sic) and obviously has poor judgement skills when ok-ing things of this nature.

Her political "career" is dead and gone. No one in their right mind will run on a presidency ticket with her ever again.

Quoted for redundancy...

That was mostly aimed at someone else. Someone who said that anyone with a 7th grade education knows that symbol is a cross hair.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11113687/USGS-Topographic-Map-Symbols

Scroll down to Control Data and Monuments... look at the first symbol for.. the one for Principal Point. It's the exact same symbol as on the Palin map. It's used by the US Geological Survey... They must want to kill all Democrats too...

...That's a point for Gaf, peoples...get a fucking clue, yo'...besides, with ALL my dislike, * malcontent for Palin...you KNOW, she did NOT make that map...she's not so good at geography :rolleyes:

Wow people stop freaking out about this holy shit.

1. The cross-hairs COULD be intentional...do we know for a fact? NO! So unless you were there at the moment she made it and heard her say for sure then you are merely talking out of your ass now.

2. Cross-hairs on maps the probably the most common symbol you can find on a map. Hell, if you consider all of the different styles of cross-hairs of other sighting devices there are hundreds and alot of them are for friendly units!

3. The symbol for an Airmobile Supply Transport Unit does NOT look like a cross-hair...in fact it really looks stupid I don't know how the hell they came up with it.

4. Aviation(rotary wing)looks like a bow tie which is funny!

5. Seriously...this argument or whatever it is has gone super stupid...somebody shot somebody and we are blaming someone else that we don't like...it literally happens EVERY FUCKING DAY!

Again THE SHOOTING HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS. Jared Loughner is showing classic signs of paranoid schizophrenia, and was obsessed with Congresswoman Grifford. That is about as close to politics as it gets. We need to stop blaming left and right and start coming together as a whole and start putting our fucking country back together before we totally fall apart. Seriously people.

Again THE SHOOTING HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS. Jared Loughner is showing classic signs of paranoid schizophrenia, and was obsessed with Congresswoman Grifford. That is about as close to politics as it gets. We need to stop blaming left and right and start coming together as a whole and start putting our fucking country back together before we totally fall apart. Seriously people.

well.... he shot a politician... that kind of has to do with politics when that happens.... unfortunately.

well.... he shot a politician... that kind of has to do with politics when that happens.... unfortunately.

Because he was obsessed with the woman, that's it. It wasn't some giant conspiracy from the right or left. We need to stop blaming each other, and come together. This was a seriously mentally ill person who wasn't getting the treatment he obviously needed, and now 6 people are dead because of that. It's a tragedy, not a time to blame people who had absolutely nothing to do with it.

And for your information, the DNC did the whole bulls eye thing first. Now can we seriously just stop that whole line of conversation.

http://petervonleheruegner.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/dnc-bullseye-target-map/

I'd say this guy is less of a John Wilkes Booth and more of a Charles Guiteau myself.

J.W. Booth had a political vendetta against Lincoln.

Guiteau was a psycho who believed God wanted him to kill President Garfield.

He sounds much closer to Guiteau

This guy's obsession with the Congresswoman started in 2007. Palin was not on the national political map in 2007.

When Kennedy was killed, the left immediatly blamed the assassination on the right... then it turned out that Oswald was a communist that supportted Castro.

When the next Kennedy was killed, the left again blamed the right... and it turned out that Sirhan Sirhan was an Islamic extremist.

History does in fact repeat itself.

Did anyone else catch this?

I've always thought that this man detested America and it's citizens so this statement (regardless of how heart felt it may or may not be) comes as a shock to me.

I've caught a handful of things that he has said about America that seems to go against the grain. He's offered a hand in a few instances.

Yes, history Does repeat itself.

The left is trying to use a national tragedy, to score political points.

It's just like Rahm Emmanuel once said; "Never let a crisis go to waste".

The left has tried to politicize this tragedy, to try and shut up anyone who disagrees with them.

That sheriff in Arizona needs to be Fired.

This guy's obsession with the Congresswoman started in 2007. Palin was not on the national political map in 2007.

When Kennedy was killed, the left immediatly blamed the assassination on the right... then it turned out that Oswald was a communist that supportted Castro.

When the next Kennedy was killed, the left again blamed the right... and it turned out that Sirhan Sirhan was an Islamic extremist.

History does in fact repeat itself.

I know, glad someone else can see this. The second anyone tied in the words "Sarah Palin" with this, as if she had ANYTHING or ANY influence on this guy (if that is true, I will seriously join the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster right away because that would be just as logical), I facepalmed and thought "Wow...in a national tragedy, once again, like always, the left starts launching mud at the right." At least one side has remained somewhat civil during all of this :no:. The lady WASN'T EVEN THERE and dems found some crackpot way to make it her fault to try and slander her the best they can, it's honestly absolutely pathetic.

I know, glad someone else can see this. The second anyone tied in the words "Sarah Palin" with this, as if she had ANYTHING or ANY influence on this guy (if that is true, I will seriously join the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster right away because that would be just as logical), I facepalmed and thought "Wow...in a national tragedy, once again, like always, the left starts launching mud at the right." At least one side has remained somewhat civil during all of this :no:. The lady WASN'T EVEN THERE and dems found some crackpot way to make it her fault to try and slander her the best they can, it's honestly absolutely pathetic.

you KNOW, she did NOT make that map...she's not so good at geography :rolleyes:

LMAO!!!

After doing some research on Nazi Germany (if some people will be so kind as to do some also) when they (the Nazi party) posted signs that labeled Jewish citizens (you can see the word Jude in so many stores) which incited non Jewish Germans to harass, beat, burn businesses and so on and so forth. What is one to say? Hitler's Nazi regime had nothing to do with it? It was a coincidence that these things started to happen after Nazi's labeled store fronts with the word Jude?

I'm not saying poor Sarah herself made this happen but it does give the green light to those minds that are already unstable and are looking for an excuse to bring about violence.

Deny it if you like, you have that right but the truth (IMO) still stands. When you have something that can be construed in a negative way it can often bring about negative results.

Just look up any skin head website and ask them, are you promoting hate? I'd be willing to bet they'd say, "No, we're just promoting our beliefs" --- Yea right, and the moon is made out of cheese.

LMAO!!!

After doing some research on Nazi Germany (if some people will be so kind as to do some also) when they (the Nazi party) posted signs that labeled Jewish citizens (you can see the word Jude in so many stores) which incited non Jewish Germans to harass, beat, burn businesses and so on and so forth. What is one to say? Hitler's Nazi regime had nothing to do with it? It was a coincidence that these things started to happen after Nazi's labeled store fronts with the word Jude?

I'm not saying poor Sarah herself made this happen but it does give the green light to those minds that are already unstable and are looking for an excuse to bring about violence.

Deny it if you like, you have that right but the truth (IMO) still stands. When you have something that can be construed in a negative way it can often bring about negative results.

Just look up any skin head website and ask them, are you promoting hate? I'd be willing to bet they'd say, "No, we're just promoting our beliefs" --- Yea right, and the moon is made out of cheese.

So when Obama refers to those that would not vote for him/his causes/issues the "enemy", does that mean if a democrat kills a republican, we blame Obama?

Sounds rather ignorant to me...

So when Obama refers to those that would not vote for him/his causes/issues the "enemy", does that mean if a democrat kills a republican, we blame Obama?

Sounds rather ignorant to me...

Yes that does sound rather ignorant and I also did not say/imply that. What I said is that posting such things that would incite others to do violent acts is wrong.

Just like it is illegal to shout FIRE in a crowded theater. Or are you ok with someone doing such a thing that might result in someone's injury/death?

Or is that covered by the free speech?

Yes that does sound rather ignorant and I also did not say/imply that. What I said is that posting such things that would incite others to do violent acts is wrong.

Just like it is illegal to shout FIRE in a crowded theater. Or are you ok with someone doing such a thing that might result in someone's injury/death?

Are you referring yet again to the crosshairs? Seriously, the guy that shot all those people in Arizona was mentally ill. He was not incited by anything Palin said or had posted on her site. Shit, we don't even know what his political leanings were anyway. The guy was mental! To say that this guy was incited by a politician or group just defers responsibility and accountability away from the person who is actually responsible and accountable for the act of violence, the shooter himself.

Edited by KatRN05

No, it is pretty much exactly the same thing...