FB groups, legit ones, are usually less troll-tolerable than DGN. That's not 100% the case all the time as they vary, but usually they don't have any set policy and the founder can kick you out for any reason. Some FB groups is probably all trolling, but at that point why not just go to 4chan?

If they share my opinion than there wont be trolling ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's also why I haven't been posting here much for the reasons listed above, I have control over who I have contact with on facebook, and I don't need to walk around eggshells because of some overly sensative people and the, in my opinion, too strict of a play nice rule.

I like having my 1st amendment rights 100% without worry of warnings/bannings.

And yes, there is 4chan, but it's a sewage dump really.

I've found another community or two that might help. one is on the city club website, but the forums there are completely dead. However, that lead me to www.keyboardistrust.com There's some activity there, and only one person runs the place with loose rules, maybe if this site and that site could merge together, it could bring some activity up? The scene is hurting enough as it is, competing with other's for forum space in detroit gothic scene is just choking each other's life out even further.

I conclude that it's not FB, but respectuflly, the rules here on DGN that deter alot of people from posting as activly.

DJ S@int mentioned a lot of important things.

Throwing away the discourse I wrote.. I'll sum it up like this.

DGN -75% "who needs to get laid?", "who's lonely?", "who thinks I'm hot?", "who wants a spankfest?", "subtly hint that you're desperate and will take anything you can get even if it's sympathy." "who's going to cityclub to ignore the music and fashion and get on with the fucking?" "who had cheerios this morning."

-15% Music, the arts, movies, fashion... (things that pertain to goth/industrial people)

-5% blah-zay-blah

-5% Dj's promoting new and current music, shows, festivals, and most of the people completely ignoring them.

fin

Edited by Mean Salley

DGN -75% "who needs to get laid?", "who's lonely?", "who thinks I'm hot?", "who wants a spankfest?", "subtly hint that you're desperate and will take anything you can get even if it's sympathy." "who's going to cityclub to ignore the music and fashion and get on with the fucking?" "who had cheerios this morning."

-15% Music, the arts, movies, fashion... (things that pertain to goth/industrial people)

-5% ...

-5% Dj's promoting new and current music, shows, festivals, and most of the people completely ignoring them.

fin

...If you were a Templar....I would merge into an archon with you :wub: :wub:

Edited by torn asunder
modifying quote due to rules...

I, personally, don't come around here much anymore because it has gotten stale... Nothing of interest to Me goes on here.

I have found that many people I made friends with here have moved on from here... It happens, nothing lasts forever.

I like Facebook, it keeps Me in contact with people I actually care to communicate with on a regular basis.

Don't get Me wrong, I have made many wonderful friends through here and I continue to hang out with them when we can. I have also met some very fake, dramatic fuck-tards here who I mistook for good people...

No biggie, the world is filled with all sorts of different folks, but they can keep their drama to themselves.

On Facebook I only have to see posts from people I like... Here, I get to see all of everyone's EMO bullshit and drama, the whining about the crappy music at the club, or what is or is not Goth enough to exist under the label of "Goth". When I first came to DGN it was not like it is now... I used to have fun here, but the sparkle has worn off for Me.

The ones here whom I love know who they are, and the haters... I just let them hate :p

I will continue to pop on now and again to see if anyone is talking about something of interest to Me, or to communicate with some of the people I only talk to through here.

I guess all in all... I don't think Facebook is the problem with DGN and other message boards. I will decline to comment on what exactly I see is the problem to avoid drama from some of those who will read this and hiss at Me. I don't need negativity... I have only room for bright and shinning love in Me life :wave

-5% ...

fin

THIS x8million

Edited by torn asunder
modified quote due to rules

There are a few things that have caused problems here, in my opinion:

1. The brief period of time awhile ago when this place was filled with attention whores. Look at me! Um, no.

2. Drama, and the people who complained about it that were just making it worse.

3. A few people with serious anger managment skills that were bringing the place down.

4. The rampant negativity, and shit starting.

5. A few people acting like bratty little children instead of mature adults.

Because of all that, this place has become like high school; cut into little cliques, people hating other people for stupid reasons and picking on each other for those same stupid reasons. It is very negative here and the fun has been sucked out of it.

Eh, FB is just fine for interaction with the DGNers with whom I have a rapport and the "Deadline" faction of the DGN know that they'll see me any chance I get to be out and about.

But, really, my tastes, interests, preoccupations, obsessions, fascinations, and indulgences just aren't on par with the majority of the DGN's, hence my sporadic postings these days. And it's as Nocker and Saint have stated - it's the "scene' and the indifference on the part of folks who fancy themselves being part of a "scene" towards anything that should be relevant to it.

So why even post and share anything when folks can't even be bothered?

That's really too bad.

I've always liked your posts.

I'll be honest. Some of the DJs seem condescending on this board to those that

don't know everything in the scene.

You actually went outside that and started posting interesting shit that even people in the scene don't know much about, like the 60s stuff. It's tough. A lot of us want to go to

cool weekday stuff many of you post for (I really want to checkout the noir retro) but we have long workdays, or in bean's case, night classes and we need a bit of sleep.

But that doesn't mean we're not interested.

It's my mission to introduce everyone to Suicide's 1st album. Even though I know it won't be on any City Club playlist. That's cool.

I still go on both. I've found this to be the place where most of my CURRENT friends have come from. And a lot of said friends have different opinions than me on social and political matters (you mean I can be a raging liberal and still get along with Chernobyl? The horror). Hell,I probably wouldn't be with my gf right now if it wasn't for DGN (even though she's rarely on here). And a lot of my musical tastes aren't typical of most people on here (as I realized in the bands that suck thread). But that doesn't make me dislike those who disagree with me.

ok.....at one point I just started typing whatever started popping into my head...so...???...enjoy :w00t:

HERE HERE!

Reading Tygerlili's post made me sad. I felt like she said.

"I hit DGN and the clubs and made all my friends. They're all on Facebook now.

Off to FB I go"

I like that Slogo acknowledged SOO many of us met our friends here, our bfs gfs partners even spouses on this little board.

We should honor that by keeping coming here!!

Imagine what friends we're missing out on by not checking in.

With my work, I can't come on here as much as I used to, but I love coming back.

And I'm sorry. As far as the censorship complaint-- I've said some pretty scathing shit, (there've been some really fucking stupid people that have come through these doors)

and I'm still here.

There is a certain person in the political forums who is constantly saying shit.

Hell, there's one in this thread!

You CAN speak freely. It's when you start saying nasty personal shit that you get in trouble.

Fuck Facebook.

That's why I +1ed all Chernobyl's posts in this thread.

That's really too bad.

I've always liked your posts.

I'll be honest. Some of the DJs seem condescending on this board to those that

don't know everything in the scene.

You actually went outside that and started posting interesting shit that even people in the scene don't know much about, like the 60s stuff. It's tough. A lot of us want to go to

cool weekday stuff many of you post for (I really want to checkout the noir retro) but we have long workdays, or in bean's case, night classes and we need a bit of sleep.

But that doesn't mean we're not interested.

It's my mission to introduce everyone to Suicide's 1st album. Even though I know it won't be on any City Club playlist. That's cool.

Imagine what friends we're missing out on by not checking in.

With my work, I can't come on here as much as I used to, but I love coming back.

And I'm sorry. As far as the censorship complaint-- I've said some pretty scathing shit, (there've been some really fucking stupid people that have come through these doors)

and I'm still here.

There is a certain person in the political forums who is constantly saying shit.

Hell, there's one in this thread!

You CAN speak freely. It's when you start saying nasty personal shit that you get in trouble.

Fuck Facebook.

That's why I +1ed all Chernobyl's posts in this thread.

LoL...I have played suicide more than once -_-

and I go out of my way to teach people about the scene, as well as promote, although i've said that a hundred times.

As for starting shit, sorry I like to state the truth in a blunt way ;)

Edited by DJ Nocker

LoL...I have played suicide more than once -_-

and I go out of my way to teach people about the scene, as well as promote, although i've said that a hundred times.

As for starting shit, sorry I like to state the truth in a blunt way ;)

There is a difference between blunt and rude.

There are a few things that have caused problems here, in my opinion:

1. The brief period of time awhile ago when this place was filled with attention whores. Look at me! Um, no.

2. Drama, and the people who complained about it that were just making it worse.

3. A few people with serious anger managment skills that were bringing the place down.

4. The rampant negativity, and shit starting.

5. A few people acting like bratty little children instead of mature adults.

Because of all that, this place has become like high school; cut into little cliques, people hating other people for stupid reasons and picking on each other for those same stupid reasons. It is very negative here and the fun has been sucked out of it.

Funny you would bring that up...I totally agree with you... Too many people shit talking. about others.

Funny you would bring that up...I totally agree with you... Too many people shit talking. about others.

...yeah..whether they name them, or not..whether they know them or not...peoples, they needs to stop being mean to others, so the world doesn't despolde into war & dis-ease.....but, alas..this is everywhere...DGN, just does it 'polite/pc'...which, is kinda' worse, for the two-faceness of it all, if you catch me drift....it's lying....lying, kills the humanity, of humans...it is a wall...words are for making bridges, not walls...

...yeah..whether they name them, or not..whether they know them or not...peoples, they needs to stop being mean to others, so the world doesn't despolde into war & dis-ease.....but, alas..this is everywhere...DGN, just does it 'polite/pc'...which, is kinda' worse, for the two-faceness of it all, if you catch me drift....it's lying....lying, kills the humanity, of humans...it is a wall...words are for making bridges, not walls...

+1

Actually I wrote shit starting, which is a completely different issue. However, you bring up an excellent point about the shit talking. Some people really seem to enjoy being negative.