• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually chose mine because i have an ancestor way down the line a great x 20 grandfather named kraven perkins who was an irish lord back when ireland still had a monarchy and he was a druid priest as well i thought that was interesting so i decided to use the name i also found out recently i am also related to carl perkins the original singer and writer of blue suede shoes he was my grandfathers brother on my dads side

Edited by lordkraven

I used the first three letter's of my first name, I know, I know, how fucking genius. (not)

However, I never really went by my first name, I always went by my middle name growing up, which is Mandi and alot of people know me by "Mandi" not Katherine but I started using "Kat" when I was at Wayne State doing my last internship. We had to sign client's in on a log sheet and put our name in a very small space on that sheet, I did not have room to spell out Katherine all the way so I started writing "Kat" and it stuck since then.

I used to get teased in New Orleans by the gutterpunx I knew that I was "three kinds of white bread." So, I put my favorite three brands of white bread together and figured that'd be my band name. Only I don't know how to play an instrument, I can't sing (in front of people without fainting), I'm too wussy to scream out anything, I'm too white bread to have rhythm, and I can't dance, so I have NO band and just started applying the name to myself.

Ever since I read Nietzsche I kind of like his way of writing and enjoy the architecture of his concepts - especially the book "thus spook Zarathustra" I don ´t share all of his thoughts - so I don ´t want to bring german nihilism nor am I a preacher of Zoroastrianism, sorry for that :)

Anyone interested in details: thus spoke Zarathustra

well for those of you who didnt know me then on the original detroitcityclub.com forum i was known as christian_death as that was my stage name when i was the lead singer of the band cryptic vision i thought of using the name on here but decided to go with someting new i was also known as the door guy christian at city about 4 years ago when i worked door security there i figured using the name christian as part of my screen name on the old site would help people to recognize me easier. needless to say it didnt work so i decided to go with lordkraven due to the previously mention backstory earlier mentioned in this topic and on that note watch out for those damn gnomes they always steal your left socks and sacrifices them to the dryer gods death to those pesky creatures :wallbash:

Edited by lordkraven

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Back in the Triassic period when I had a drama class I wanted people to be able to call me by my real first name even though it was a "stage name" , I always liked spiral / pinwheel / nautilus shell shapes which seem to be common both in mechanical, biomechanical and in natural objects (tornadoes / hurricanes / 007s camera lens =P ,water going down a hole , Hentai restraints etc) and I liked The Downward Spiral by NIN. So "Troy" being my real first name , mixed with Spiral.

Kept the name through DJing on 89.3FM hen Online. Plus i like the fact that people dont have to remember 2 different names. When i hear someone say "jenny said..." online/posting, but no one named jenny is anywhere to be found, its not cute, its just confusing.

• 3 weeks later...

Tyger has been my nickname forever. It's now been my all around nickname, wrestling name, model name, and name for many boards and games. I nicknamed myself with it. I just thought with the red hair and personality it would fit. Sometimes I add Greenleaf onto the end, which makes me a bit of a geek. But it's Legolas' (from Lord of the Rings) last name.

Mine was taken from a early 80's Brittish show called The Young Ones. One of the charactersn named Rik was teased that he spelled his name with a silent P. I used to introduce myself to people as Rick but I spell it with a silent P. If they understood it was a joke I would continue the conversation. If they did not and was puzzled I would walk away. Soon everyone called me Rick with a silent P and then shortened it to Prick to save time. I liked it and kept it. Now tell your story even if it isnt as complex as mine.

I love The Young Ones :)

• 2 months later...

Way back in 1997 I worked at a movie theater and one of the managers gave nicknames to all the employees. I walk quietly and am fairly unobtrusive so I would often seem to appear out of nowhere and disappear just as mysteriously. I never did it on purpose, it just happened that way. Anyway, one day I went to tell the manager something and scared the crap out of him when I appeared out of nowhere. I delivered my message and left. He turned to tell me something but I was already gone. That's when he said, "Where the hell did that spook go?" Ever since that day, he called me Spook and the name kinda stuck.

I find it fitting because I also love ghost lore.

makes me think of batman but spook is a cool name.

Ryle Hira is a phrase from a book I read years ago meaning "Life is what it is" I like the phrase a lot at the time and still do. I've used the name enough over the years that I answer to Ryle in public now. ^.^

I always liked the phrase "S-O-C-K-S". Or, technically, "Eso si que es," (Spanish) which roughly translates to "It is what it is." So I'm going to start calling you "Socks" now.

I always liked the phrase "S-O-C-K-S". Or, technically, "Eso si que es," (Spanish) which roughly translates to "It is what it is." So I'm going to start calling you "Socks" now.

:X but I hate wearing socks... lol. I'll take it though. I've definately been called worse over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, for the longest time I ran under the name Nerthren or some other variant (Nerththern, Nertren, ect.) but when I tried to sign in to Battle.net to play Warcraft 3, I found that none of those accounts ever got deleted somehow and the password I use for EVERYTHING failed to work on the accounts. So I needed a new gamer name.

At the time I was on a huge Vampire kick having just read Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles (the first 4 books, anyways) and I signed up to the Michigan Vampires Yahoo Group using this name. I ORIGINALLY thought it up for my XBox Live name because I like to snipe in FPS's, preferably with the quieter, less powerful, rifles. I was on a Vampire/Goth kick and liked Silencers. Eh, the internet happens.

Also, Gothic Sniper was taken... :wallbash: