addicted to rejection

Yeah I can see that. I'm with whoever commented in that article about "What about people who just don't date?".. That might be a whole other topic, though. My friend from highschool who is going to be 27 this year has had sex maybe 3 or 4 times in his life. Never had a girlfriend. It's sad. Trying to figure it out but I just can't. We've tried to get him laid, done everything, short of sticking it in for him.. No go. He's not gay, at least he swears up and down that he's not. IDK.. Odd.

Hmmm Soul he may just not find an interest.

People tend to get themselves in odd emotional feed loops, that perpetuate a certain attitude towards "normal" wants and needs that other seem to feel, and they do not.

Sometimes it happens.

If you can't figure it out, maybe its because he hasn't tried to understand it either, and has found some kind of contentment with it.

If his not dating isn't making him unhappy, then its not a bad thing either.

Yeah, I feel kind of sorry for my buddy. He lives with his dad and his dad isn't doing so well. He basically has to take care of his dad. So I wouldn't exactly call it him being happy the way it is, because he's not, I know he's not, he's told me any my other friends. He's just too fuckin shy, I think. He's told us before he gets nervous talking to girls. I've tried to tell him ya can't get nervous but that does no good. Ok. Scenario time..

This really happened.

So me and my friend Josh set my buddy up to get laid. Right? Well. So we know this girl, she's a friend of ours, we told her about our buddy Chris and how he's a good guy and they should hook up. So, we tell Chris about her, set everything up. She goes to his house. They watch a movie in the living room. Nobody else is home. Chris sits in the recliner the WHOLE TIME while she sits on the couch, clearly inviting him to sit next to her, and still, he sits in the recliner, the whole time...

To top that off..

After the movie she got bored and left because she obviously wanted to do ... other things.. Well, Chris, instead of being like most normal guys I know, and going, and sitting next to her, and actually trying to go somewhere, instead, of doing that.. He waited for her to leave. Rubbed one out.. Took a picture of his dingy.. And texted it to her. In the message he said "I rubbed one out as soon as you left..

WTF

After that, SHE was kinda pissed. So what do we do now? We've done everything..

I hate it. I feel so ugly and unwanted and disgusting. (sounds pathetic but it is true)

I want someone to feel that they have time for me and know that I have time for them. I want something real. I want to be loved, I have so much to give but nobody want's it or they want all of me yet want to share none of themselves. I am tired of feeling like I am second best or second choice.

I been trying not to think about it because I hate the tears that follow my thoughts.

(Now I am being emo, sorry.)

Edited by kat

kat dont ever be sorry for what your feeling. We all have times in our life when we all go what the hell. You just have to be strong enough to let yourself have those feelings then move on

Thanks for your support. I just get tired of feeling like that, ya know?

Thanks for your support. I just get tired of feeling like that, ya know?

I can relate to that. It's hard feeling like you give your all and the recieving line is...well lacking..Just remember you are awesome (and I still owe you that beer...)

this whole "fear of rejection" thing wouldn't be an issue if people were decent, respectful human beings about it, rather than that insensitive jackasses they are.

all it takes is a simple "wow, i'm flattered, and i appreciate it, but i'm sorry, i'm not interested."

people just don't seem to have any concept of courtesy, or empathy anymore. (not sure that they evder did, really...)

I can relate to that. It's hard feeling like you give your all and the recieving line is...well lacking..Just remember you are awesome (and I still owe you that beer...)

Thanks Forged, I'm drinking one right now:)

I also agree with Torn on the whole empathy issue. Everyone is all about themselves. I have never seen anything like it before. I grew up poor and pissed off but I tell ya, I would never treat people the way some I have seen people treated lately. I thought I met someone who was really interested in me but I can tell that they are not, and the worst thing in the world is feeling like you are being patronized. You call them and tell them how your day is and are generally interested in there day as well, and it's like they are not even listening, but than they turn around and tell you they want to be there for you, okay, yeah, sure you do. Then where the fuck are you?

• 2 years later...

If I took the years to wire myself to like rejection, thus making myself infinitely weirder, I would probably start liking Industrial music.

That must never happen.

I don't like emotional roller-coasters unless I built the track and know the patrons. Which is to say that literature is enough.