Lightning

OK, so I am a total picture whore tonight... So be it.

I think this hit somewhere in Inkster...

IMG_8889LowerRes.jpg

Some horizontal...

IMG_8975LowerRes.jpg

Some dramatic horizontal...

IMG_8984LowerRes.jpg

Two simultaneous bolts, one above lighting the sky and the one on the

horizon...

IMG_8996LowerRes.jpg

This is some pretty cool branches...

IMG_9001LowerRes.jpg

More horizontal...

IMG_9003LowerRes.jpg

I have much higher resolution photos without the blocking, but I figured it was not important here...

All for now...

Edited by Cowboydave

After the minor panic passed, when I heard there were tornadoes and funnel clouds being spotted, my friends and me spent most of the storm out on the porch watching it.

And then we went to get ice cream and donuts, haha!

Nice pics :yes

Yup storms in LA are mostly just rainy not so much with the thundar and lighting. I was very cool to see weather.

Ah I see.... Yeah we had a tornado touch down close to here....

Interesting that and an earthquake in the same day

I think for the most part I slept through alot of it all. Since I am pretty much nocturnal. I do enjoy a good lightning show though!

How did you not see it? It was almost entirely at night, since you said you're nocturnal!

I heard/saw most of the storm, it was quite intense toward the end actually. We stood on the porch and watched lighting that webbed across the entire sky. One of the craziest storms I've ever seen.

How did you not see it? It was almost entirely at night, since you said you're nocturnal!

I heard/saw most of the storm, it was quite intense toward the end actually. We stood on the porch and watched lighting that webbed across the entire sky. One of the craziest storms I've ever seen.

That storm that night scared the SHIIIIIIIIIIT out of me. I was doing dishes. hard a loud clap and saw some lightning, threw the dishes down ran in my room and grabbed some stuff (ya' know in case the tornado that never happened ruined all my stuff, lol) and ran down 9 flights of stairs in the basement. Just me and another old lady. Lol. my dad was dying laughing at me when I came back in. He said he never seen my big ass duck and run so fast. Lmao.

Did anybody feel this earthquake we were supposed to feel from Canada? I didn't.