Fox News-DETROIT (AP) - Detroit Mayor Dave Bing has banned reality television crews from tagging along with police.

Bing on Monday also chided Police Chief Warren Evans for not previously telling him that TV cameras were allowed to join officers on raids.

Bing tells The Detroit News that Deputy Mayor Saul Green is helping Evans tone down his "aggressive" policing style and "reining him in." Evans reports to Green.

Bing said Evans remains "part of the solution" to the city's crime problem, and fewer homicides and nonfatal shootings indicate that his methods are working.

Evans declined comment. Green was not immediately available for comment.

Cameras from the reality crime show "The First 48" were rolling May 16, when a 7-year-old girl was fatally shot during a police raid for a murder suspect.

So lemme get this right: because YOUR police force screwed up and it got caught on tape, your idea of reforming to prevent further incidents of this problem is to blame the CAMERA CREW????

Umm....the Camera Crew didn't pull the trigger, jackass.

As side from what you posted, the other thing I hate most is Fieger getting involved. The girl wasn't even in the ground yet and he's filing lawsuit after lawsuit. Then he says that some guy who was too scared to go to the cops showed him some videotape of the incident. Ok, mmmhmm. We'll see what happens. This whole situation is fucked up but I don't believe the cop intentionally shot the girl. And if anything, they NEED a film crew when they perform raids. SMDH.He's making the department look even worse.

Edited by KatRN05

As side from what you posted, the other thing I hate most is Fieger getting involved. The girl wasn't even in the ground yet and he's filing lawsuit after lawsuit. Then he says that some guy who was too scared to go to the cops showed him some videotape of the incident. Ok, mmmhmm. We'll see what happens. This whole situation is fucked up but I don't believe the cop intentionally shot the girl. And if anything, they NEED a film crew when they perform raids. SMDH.

It wasn't "Some guy". It was an A&E film crew that was with them filming the "First 48". The episode had to do with the exact crime they were there for. It's not their fault. Bing is a moron thats siding with the cops because Fieger is gonna make the city eat crow, and in this case, it needs to.

It wasn't "Some guy". It was an A&E film crew that was with them filming the "First 48". The episode had to do with the exact crime they were there for. It's not their fault. Bing is a moron thats siding with the cops because Fieger is gonna make the city eat crow, and in this case, it needs to.

Ah, I see. I never found out who it was. I just remember it being said on the news that some guy took the videotape to Feiger. It's not whose fault? The film crew? Of course, it isn't their fault. Bing is stupid for banning film crews at raids. It's good to have what went down on tape in case of any lawsuits. In this case, we do. But the next time when the cops fuck shit up, we won't have anything but their word. What good is that anymore? Better to have videotaped evidence.

Ah, I see. I never found out who it was. I just remember it being said on the news that some guy took the videotape to Feiger. It's not whose fault? The film crew? Of course, it isn't their fault. Bing is stupid for banning film crews at raids. It's good to have what went down on tape in case of any lawsuits. In this case, we do. But the next time when the cops fuck shit up, we won't have anything but their word. What good is that anymore? Better to have videotaped evidence.

The part that is really biting Bing in the arse is the fact that it's not "some guy" with a camera, but an accredited film crew with years of experiance in this kind of work. The Mayor of Detroit Vs. A&E who owns rights to the tape...yeah....Bing losses.

I'm curious as to what is on the tape. Maybe there wasn't a struggle between one of the officers and the grandmother like the cops said their was?

From what I hear, is that the struggle didn't happen till AFTER the shot was fired. Also, the shot was fired from OUTSIDE the house....The police lied pretty much about everything...but what really gets me, is that it was the WRONG house in the first place....the house they wanted was next door.

I PRAY that Fieger eats the city alive this time, because it's a HUGE set of stupidity and what seems to be improper training that led to this.

From what I hear, is that the struggle didn't happen till AFTER the shot was fired. Also, the shot was fired from OUTSIDE the house....The police lied pretty much about everything...but what really gets me, is that it was the WRONG house in the first place....the house they wanted was next door.

I PRAY that Fieger eats the city alive this time, because it's a HUGE set of stupidity and what seems to be improper training that led to this.

Oh. :verymad:

Oh. :verymad:

yeah...guy they were hunting lived upstairs of the house NEXT DOOR!...people in the house tried to tell them, little girl pops in a window to see what was going on (she was napping), and some jackass pulls a trigger from shock.

Now, I have never been a cop...I have had no law enforcement training...but I could have sworn that they were trained to IDENTIFY a target first, give an order to freeze, THEN shoot if ness.

None of that happened. Guy see's movement and fires...good job.

I can't find any evidence that it was the wrong house except people on message boards. Do you have a link? You seem to believe everything Feiger is saying without a shred of evidence. it was the wrong unit, but not the house nextdoor.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704314904575250861418212530.html?mod=WSJ_business_IndustryNews_DLW

Your account of who provided the videotape seems strange too

http://www.freep.com/article/20100519/NEWS01/5190357/1318/

and this is from A&E itself:

"Fieger said he viewed three or four minutes of footage. He would not say who recorded the events, but a camera crew for the A&E reality series "The First 48" was filming the raid. We have no comment." - Dan Silberman, A&E spokesman

People are forgetting the reason there was a raid is because the girl's father was bragging along with the man the police have in custody about killing teenager in cold blood.

and it is not even official that it was even the wrong unit.

"

Jones claimed the officers had the wrong house, but Godbee said in the statement the 34-year-old suspect in Blake’s death was found and arrested at the home. In addition, a vehicle and a moped matching the descriptions of those involved in Blake’s shooting were also found, he said."

and even the girls father said the shots came from inside

"“She was sleeping and they came in the door shooting and throwing flash grenades … burned my baby up and shot her, killed her.”

Never give the benefit of the doubt to a scumbag like Feiger.

Edited by Helicopter Girl

we won't have anything but their word. What good is that anymore?

Having lived in SW Detroit from 1979-2001 - growing up in that city...I can say the word of the Detroit Police Department hasn't been worth a damn in my entire lifetime. It's a sad state of affairs when law abiding individuals are still more afraid of their police department than they are the street gangs and crack heads. I could ramble for hours on the sins committed on the populous at the hands of the DPD.

and even the girls father said the shots came from inside

"“She was sleeping and they came in the door shooting and throwing flash grenades … burned my baby up and shot her, killed her.”

Never give the benefit of the doubt to a scumbag like Feiger.

Well, I'm sure we will find out what kind of gun it was that killed the girl. And Feiger is not in it for the interest of the child or family, it's to get his face on T.V. and money in his pocket.

Well, I'm sure we will find out what kind of gun it was that killed the girl. And Feiger is not in it for the interest of the child or family, it's to get his face on T.V. and money in his pocket.

He IS, the worst kind of attorney.....more hungry for money, than justice.

...I find it extremely hard to believe that they would have arrested someone, after breakin' into the WRONG house... :)

I remember when some chic too drunk to get into City Club drank a 5th in her pickup with her friend in the passenger seat, backed into my car then a van in front of her, then mine again and passed out. When the Detroit police came, they told me, "We hope the bitch blows a thousand times over." I was taken aback as this being an attitude of a police profession. So yeah, I can believe that the DPD has a lot of work to be done to it.

I can't find any evidence that it was the wrong house except people on message boards. Do you have a link? You seem to believe everything Feiger is saying without a shred of evidence. it was the wrong unit, but not the house nextdoor.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704314904575250861418212530.html?mod=WSJ_business_IndustryNews_DLW

"there's an upstairs apartment next door which the police did not have a search warrant for and that is where he surrendered, they went into that house too. But he was not in Aiyana's house."-CNN

Your account of who provided the videotape seems strange too

http://www.freep.com/article/20100519/NEWS01/5190357/1318/

and this is from A&E itself:

"Fieger said he viewed three or four minutes of footage. He would not say who recorded the events, but a camera crew for the A&E reality series "The First 48" was filming the raid. We have no comment." - Dan Silberman, A&E spokesman

Interesting

and this is one of the most detailed accounts, by police, I could find.

Police recount what happened

Also...there were TWO A&E film crews following SRT around, "the First 48" and a crew shooting for "Detroit Swat"..I find it likely that Fieger has a tape from A&E.

Problem is, wheither you like Fieger or not, we will never know what happened until the video is released.

I do have a question though: In a house where you KNOW there are children, why in hell would you perform a raid at 1 AM????

I do have a question though: In a house where you KNOW there are children, why in hell would you perform a raid at 1 AM????

I have a question: In a house where you KNOW there are children, why in hell would you hide out there knowing that the cops are looking for you?

Because dangerous people aren't just dangerous from 9-5 and sometimes the element of surprise is a valuable tool?

I have a question: In a house where you KNOW there are children, why in hell would you hide out there knowing that the cops are looking for you?

Because dangerous people aren't just dangerous from 9-5 and sometimes the element of surprise is a valuable tool?

Thank you!!!!

People are forgetting the reason there was a raid is because the girl's father was bragging along with the man the police have in custody about killing teenager in cold blood.

As long as people get an opportunity to rip on people in positions higher than their own they will ignore anything else that gets in their way...they are not forgetting the fact they are ignoring it or are probably excusing the action of the father because of his situation and blah blah blah...you know the drill.

As long as people get an opportunity to rip on people in positions higher than their own they will ignore anything else that gets in their way...they are not forgetting the fact they are ignoring it or are probably excusing the action of the father because of his situation and blah blah blah...you know the drill.

actually...I'm not...but the fact is that the police didn't have the right address, regardless, nor was the proper procedures followed.

If it was YOUR little girl...and they pulled that kinda shyt at your house...while the guy was NEXT DOOR instead....would you be "well...honest mistake....no harm...well..my little girl is shot...but you did EVERYTHING right....so" yeah...no....