Cyberlox Hot or Not?

Come on guys, pipe down, it's just a thread about cyberlox. Nocker was just stating his opinion, which the original poster asked. Not everyone has to like everything, just because he doesn't like them doesn't mean you all have to take offense.

I have made these and worn them on occasion. I haven't worn them in almost a year. I thought they were cute. I originally thought to make them because my boyfriend's daughter wanted to be a fairy for the Renaissance Festival, and the yarn ones for a little girl could get all yucky because little girls like to grub in dirt, and the kenekelon (Sp?) ones are too heavy for little heads to carry all day. I wanted her to be the belle of the festival (which it worked, be sure to see cyberlox sold as faery hair at the festival this year, I started a trend).

I had to buy a certain minimum to get the ones I did, so I figured I'd make some for myself. They were shiny and tubular, and I had an equally shiny outfit to wear them with. I don't agree that they look dumb on heavier girls, usually the more hair you have the more your body is concealed, thus giving the illusion that you're thinner. Of course, that's also an opinion.

Thanks guys for the compliment (pRick & Eternal) I appreciate it. :)

I don't like it when they're the ONLY kind of dreadfalls that a person owns. I think you should only have them to match certain outfits and to bring them out only on special occasions. I also prefer tubular crin to be used as "accents" NOT an entire head of JUST tubular crin. Sorry, but with my bad taste even I think it looks kinda hokey.

Rexlace is way more impressive than cyberlox though, imo. It looks more "natural", not hokey or stand-outish, but gets the whole cyber-industrial look down pat. And yes, rexlace is the stuff that you used to make key-chain rings out of when you were a Girl Scout, at Latchkey, or at summer camp when you were a kid :laugh:. Although these key-chains went away with the 90s, other than the exception of in Napoleon Dynamite (which I think is supposed to take place in the early 90s), you can still buy the stuff at Michael's and craft stores EVERYWHERE. Tubular crin is a pain in the dick to get a hold of.

steg3b.jpg

redplastic.jpg

kathrynwig.jpg

I don't like it when they're the ONLY kind of dreadfalls that a person owns. I think you should only have them to match certain outfits and to bring them out only on special occasions. I also prefer tubular crin to be used as "accents" NOT an entire head of JUST tubular crin. Sorry, but with my bad taste even I think it looks kinda hokey.

Rexlace is way more impressive than cyberlox though, imo. It looks more "natural", not hokey or stand-outish, but gets the whole cyber-industrial look down pat. And yes, rexlace is the stuff that you used to make key-chain rings out of when you were a Girl Scout, at Latchkey, or at summer camp when you were a kid :laugh:. Although these key-chains went away with the 90s, other than the exception of in Napoleon Dynamite (which I think is supposed to take place in the early 90s), you can still buy the stuff at Michael's and craft stores EVERYWHERE. Tubular crin is a pain in the dick to get a hold of.

Edited by Chernobyl

3hpy.jpg

Must...refrain..........from pointing out MY WORST PET PEEVE EVER.

Fine! I'll say it! COVER UP YOUR BROWN HAIR! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!

I fucking HATE when people wear dreadfalls that are say...PINK, BLUE, and BLACK, but don't even bother to cover up their natural blonde/brown/red hair. It's the way that I spot people out and think to myself, "WOW...she has NO idea wtf she is doing :no:. Talk about a big fucking poser." It looks AWFUL and very "kiddish".

Must...refrain..........from pointing out MY WORST PET PEEVE EVER.

Fine! I'll say it! COVER UP YOUR BROWN HAIR! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!

I fucking HATE when people wear dreadfalls that are say...PINK, BLUE, and BLACK, but don't even bother to cover up their natural blonde/brown/red hair. It's the way that I spot people out and think to myself, "WOW...she has NO idea wtf she is doing :no:. Talk about a big fucking poser." It looks AWFUL and very "kiddish".

I think they are pretty stupid. And on "bigger" people it only makes it worse.

Whoa whoa whoa there! I own a set and I guess personally and from the compliments I get they look fine on me. I guess its your own opinion tho. I love my cyberlox fringe and goggles!!!!!

I think they look fine on me!

l_16406d298a0141e0a9c46cb3dbf450b0.jpg

l_fc842666de69492dab5517a01a02ccc3.jpg

l_92e1a959634d42e88a66c36950f2857f.jpg

Edited by the_fairy_gothmother