Your haven...

As far as I know, everyone has a place or setting that is their own sort of personal "haven". I know I have one of these...hell, when I think about it, I'm sure I have more then just one.

So...please do share.

What is your haven?

Your place of relaxation, concentration, chillaxation, anything.

For me, just in general, the most relaxing and serene places are places full of nature. Green meadows, flowers, trees, those sort of places.

A good example of that is my backyard...

Even when I was a child, I used to wake up in the morning, and walk out into my backyard still in my nightgown. I remember the feeling of the dew on my barefeet and how I used to walk around in hopes of spotting a wild rabbit as I picked mint leaves and raspberries. This could very well be where my love for spring and sunrises came from.

windy088.pngwindy092.png

windy096.pngwindy099.png

Another place like this for me is Heritage park...where my friends and me visit often.

We even take naps at the bottom of the hill sometimes.

n1578840065_30006202_9575.jpg

n1578840065_30006200_8982.jpg

Share! Share!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven.jpg

The Haven is one of Lillie's clubs. It is a haven, a neutral ground where clans must restrain any rivalries and at least pretend to respect one another. People come to The Haven to experience the exciting music of burgeoning talent and to immerse themselves in an atmosphere that cannot quite be defined. With its sensuous atmosphere and stirring music, the club attracts the wealthy, the lonely, the pleasure-seeking -- Kindred and human alike, and they arrive in limousines, by motorcycle, and even on foot. Maybe some even fly.

haven-front.jpg

Honestly, Detroit can be relaxing for me too. It has its moments, lol

There is a bookstore in Detroit that's FILLED with old books and its maybe 4 stories high. You can see the river from the upper windows and on a beautiful day, it is perfect with the windows open and then sun lighting up the aisles.

But Chernobyl (the location) really creeps me out.

Its so empty. And even so, if I were to somehow find myself inside of it, I would be paranoid and carrying a huge battle axe. My imagination runs wild and I will still be prepared for mutated fuckers or zombies or some shit.

I love Detroit too. I used to drive around downtown alone in the middle of the night when I was sad. The buildings make good company and is is so terribly goth. ;)

I love the woods too though. One of my favorite things to do is go out and sit and knit all day. Very relaxing.

The River Trail near my house. The trail actually runs from downtown Lansing to MSU but my personal section is the mile or so that runs through Crego Park. Beautiful and peaceful, woods, river and swamp with great blue herons, deer, mink, muskrats, foxes, wild turkeys, big-ass turtles, and the occasional peacock from the nearby zoo. And likely more that I just haven't seen yet. And TRAINS... two overpasses that you can stand beneath as the trains thunder overhead!

Raev- what, there's another 4-story awesome used bookstore in downtown Detroit? =P

Edited by pomba gira

Eevee, you talking about John King Books?

I was wondering that myself.

My haven is in Hawaii. When I was there, I was at peace - more than any other time in my life.

Sitting on the beach, watching the ocean waves, feeling the sun on my skin, feeling the wind blow.

The perfect weather every day.

The clean smell of the air.

The beautiful beaches.

The beauty of Oahu.

The beautiful people of Oahu.

Watching the sun rise each morning and watching the sun set in the evening.

The rainbows that appeared every day.

Snorkeling in Hanauma Bay - looking at all the different kinds of fish, following a sea turtle for a bit.

Being in or near water has always been peaceful for me.

Here, with the sound of the turbos kicking in...

Carscoop_RX7_BC_8.JPG

Not mine, but it gives you an idea.

Can't quite get it restored now, so I haven't been able to commune like I want.

Almost forgot about this place it's been so long. :wub:

Bring yours over for proper worship in my garage. It really shouldn't be left outdoors. :no

I have an idea of what I think I will find as a good haven.

I actually got this idea a few weeks ago, in spirit of spring. :p But, I think it would be awesome to get up on a nice, spring morning...before sunrise...go out to a meadow/field (my backyard even works) and lay out and watch the sunrise. Yesh.

I have an idea of what I think I will find as a good haven.

I actually got this idea a few weeks ago, in spirit of spring. :p But, I think it would be awesome to get up on a nice, spring morning...before sunrise...go out to a meadow/field (my backyard even works) and lay out and watch the sunrise. Yesh.

Isn't there a Metropark or state park on Lake Erie?

found one! Sterling State park: http://www.stateparks.com/gmaps/curlocation.asp?lat=41.91556&lon=-83.33361&z=12